+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Possible child care centre for special needs - adelaide

Parents,

I wish to open my own child care centre mid next year. I am looking at providing it specifically to children with special needs. Depending on places available siblings can attend aswell. I understand due to funding that some parents have been having trouble with main****** childcare and was wondering if the service would be in demand.

Cost would be around $65 per child for a full day and $40 per child for a part day. Staff would be highly trained in providing special needs care. Actual child to staff ratios would be determined by the severity of needs. For instance 2 children with mild autism would probably share a staff member between them but a child with severe autism would have there own. Unfortunately we would not be a respite centre and therefore will not be able to provide doctors, nurses or round the clock care to children who need this. You are welcome to provide a therapist or nurse to visit the centre and your child as needed.

Programming of activities, eating times etc. will follow normal child care centre times and the early years learning framework. I am basically offering a place where special needs children follow a 'normal' childs daily routine aswell as taking there needs into account.

Please reply with ideas and whether you are interested in this service. Your opinions matter to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not in Adelaide but I think this is a wonderful idea. My oldest has special needs and I was unable to return to work as planned after mat leave due to a service like this being non existent. Good on you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a child with special needs personally but have worked as an additional assistant for special needs children.

This sounds like a great service to offer families but I'm curious as to how it would work logistically. Staffing costs would be massive with the ratios required by special needs children wouldn't they?

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes staffing costs would be massive, however there are subsidies for child care centres. Depending on the hours the child is in care subsidy amount is $16.43 per hour for up to 25 hours a week all year. As stated staffing would be dependant on the needs of the children.

I am hoping to speak about sponsorship from big companies soon. Child cares also recieve sustainability assistance aswell.

DaughteroftheForest is offline Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be very interested. What age groups would you cover? Would after school care be included for instance? And what area would you be in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Age group would mainly be 0 - 5 years.
    After school care would be consider after the centre was established as we would need to cover transportation.
    Area would depend on where the most interest is. I would like to make it towards the centre of adelaide but I am not sure yet.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child Care Centre for Special Needs

Hello, I have a 7 year old daughter with Epilepsy and we have been looking exactly for this - a child care service for kids with special needs. Can you please advise if you have opened up a child care service for kids with special needs as I would definitely be interested.
    I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
    Harshini

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Special needs childcare

Hi I noticed your post about special needs childcare from a few years ago. Is it up and running? I am interested in starting the same out north and would love to hear from you.