+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    After much research we settled on the silvercross surf for our son. It's beautiful to look at, lightweight and I love that you can buy the 'essentials pack' to completely change the colour of the pram!
    The 'baby nest' is great for when they are tiny as it gives a lot of support and my son loves to sleep in there.
    As an added bonus they aren't very common, at least not where I live! And I always get comments on it.
    How do u go with the limited storage?? I have heard that newborns seem like they are sinking down or whatever... Do u find this? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    The storage issue doesn't bother me. It sturdy enough to hang the nappy bag on the handle and can fit enough for me in the basket. Personally I chose lightweight an easy to move over bulky with lots of storage.
    Ive never had an issue with the baby nest. It makes it feel and look more like a traditional pram. It sort of halves the size and provides great cushioning. My son is only 8 weeks old so I feel it gives him so much more comfort and safety. It could be a bit warm for a summer newborn though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

PinkIsTheNewBlack  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was looking between the Cameleon and stokke. But ended up with the bugaboo bee LOL.

I loved the stokke because of height and look but after my research I found it hard to collapse and bulky.

I had to rethink what I wanted. And I decided I didn't want the two piece fold and wanted decent storage underneath. The stokke and Cameleon both have issues with this.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
    I was looking between the Cameleon and stokke. But ended up with the bugaboo bee LOL.

I loved the stokke because of height and look but after my research I found it hard to collapse and bulky.

I had to rethink what I wanted. And I decided I didn't want the two piece fold and wanted decent storage underneath. The stokke and Cameleon both have issues with this.

Hope that helps a bit.
    How did you find the bugaboo bee with a newborn?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Bee has been great for a newborn.

But my DS currently is on strike of lying down in general now. But when he is in it, it's great.

It lies almost flat, faces backwards and forwards, has adapters for the maxi cosi capsule and is easy to move with one hand and easy to fold. You can get a cocoon as well if you want them more snug, but I haven't needed it.

Mind you it's not for off road travel. I don't plan on running or going on rough terrain though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
    The Bee has been great for a newborn.

But my DS currently is on strike of lying down in general now. But when he is in it, it's great.

It lies almost flat, faces backwards and forwards, has adapters for the maxi cosi capsule and is easy to move with one hand and easy to fold. You can get a cocoon as well if you want them more snug, but I haven't needed it.

Mind you it's not for off road travel. I don't plan on running or going on rough terrain though.
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm torn between the bee and cameleon, because I love a good walk through the park and the bee isn't good for that but I'm worried my kids will be too tall for the cameleon seat. My DH is 6'7 and his nieces and nephews are all crazy tall for their age (his last niece to be born was 58cm at birth). The bee seems to have a taller seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why don't you think the Bee is good for a walk in the park?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the icandy peach and love it (from playing in the shop ) my little prem is still in hospital for a few more weeks. It was very easy to wheel around & turn 1 handed, easy to fold down and has a big storage basket. Plus the colours are really nice. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Why don't you think the Bee is good for a walk in the park?
    Oh no I didn't mean a park. I meant more off road like beach, dirt terrain - the places the Cameleon is designed for. I have used it in parks and it's great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got the limited Ed black cameleon and I hope I think it's as practical as I did testing it out! Lightweight, easy to use and a fantastic resale value. I know a friend with the stokke and it's one Wierd looking pram! Very. Very. Wierd!