+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone here done FSH Injections?

We've been TTC for almost a year and a half now. All tests have come back normal, it's just that I'm not ovulating as often as I should be. My cycles ranged between 36 and 54 days and then I went almost 4 months with no period so the FS put me on Provera to induce a period. I was started on Clomid at the same time. That was in January. I'm now on my 5th cycle of Clomid and a couple of weeks ago, had another appointment with FS. He suggested that the best path to take from next cycle will be FSH injections. He said we can keep trying the Clomid but as I'm in my 5th cycle on it, it's pretty much just a take 5 tablets and hope for the best type thing. He said the FSH injections are much more effective and he wants to couple it with IUI. I ovulated a couple of days ago so it should be just under 2 weeks until my next period and I will be starting the FSH injections then. I'm abit freaked out by giving myself injections and would like to hear from anyone who has done it and what your experiences were like. We have to go in next weekend for an orientation and to learn how to actually do the injections but I'm really worried about how I'm going to cope with it all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, you will be fine hun there are heaps of us in the same boat, come join us in the injections support thread (same section as this thread). The injections aren't as bad as what I thought they would be, I have managed to do it and I'm scared of needles! The first one is hard but after that fine, and you barely feel them. I have had much better response from them than clomid. Good luck xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much. I did join the Clomid support thread when I started on that but I find it abit hard to follow but I will also join the injections support thread.

Is this your first round of FSH? I'm scared of needles too which is why I think I'm so freaked out by it. When FS suggested the injections, I told him that freaked me out and asked about the process and girl that was sitting in (nurse?) showed me that it was just like an epi-pen which I can deal with a little better but still freaks me out. Have you had any side effects on the injections?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becca I have done 3 rounds of injections so far and next cycle will start number 4, we are also doing IUI. I find I don't get any side effects from the injections but when I'm about to ovulate my ovaries get a little sore but nothing bad. I get more side effects from the HCG trigger injection & progesterone pessaries in the TWW but again nothing unbearable. You will be fine honestly I find it better than clomid as I got horrid clomid side effects.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for being so positive about it. It definitely helps
    I haven't had any side effects on the Clomid (I don't think I have anyway). I do usually feel when I'm ovulating but as you said, it's not too painful and I also kinda like that I can feel it as it makes me feel like something is actually happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!!

Im the same as minipolly! Clomid was
    Terrible!! This will be my 6th cycle of injections with 2nd iui, fingers crossed!! The needles are fine, once you get used to them its no big deal at all!!

Come and join us in the injections thread, dont think there are as many of us there as the clomid thread, maybe a bit easier to keep track of everyone??

Take care! G'luck!!!

Mam xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much to both you lovely ladies.. I'll join the support thread now.