+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No no no noooooo! You do NOT soak modern cloth nappies. It will degrade the PUL (waterproof layer) and elastic. You can buy liners - either fleece ones to wash or disposable ones. Breastfed poo washes off very easily though so I didn't bother with liners until my son was on solids.

I would rinse off the poo into the laundry sink or scrape off most into the toilet then pop into a nappy bucket until wash day. Do not use Napisan, just use 1/4 the amount of regular detergent and a long cold or warm wash. I haven't bothered with a nappy sprayer but it certainly makes the job easier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadorite View Post
    No no no noooooo! You do NOT soak modern cloth nappies. It will degrade the PUL (waterproof layer) and elastic. You can buy liners - either fleece ones to wash or disposable ones. Breastfed poo washes off very easily though so I didn't bother with liners until my son was on solids.

I would rinse off the poo into the laundry sink or scrape off most into the toilet then pop into a nappy bucket until wash day. Do not use Napisan, just use 1/4 the amount of regular detergent and a long cold or warm wash. I haven't bothered with a nappy sprayer but it certainly makes the job easier!
    Yes sorry, i apologise! Not modern nappies...i was referrinh to the cloth nappies I used which were older one...no elastic, just cotton. Sorry!!

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Similar Threads

1. Bare Rumps?!
    By becandabub in forum Cloth Nappy Swap
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-08-2012, 10:49
  2. What baby stuff have you/would you/ should you have kept?
    By Mod-Zeddie in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15-04-2012, 22:36
  3. Prep for baby's arrival - unknown gender?
    By Myshadowfax in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 22-02-2012, 08:38