+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Why not put a call out on here asking vor a support person, or trainee doula/student midwive? Thats how I vound my Doula and now she has become one ov my best briends. Iv I lived close, Id do it vor you with great pleasure as your sister is very very wrong, every birth is divverent and special just as the baby is.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LotusMum For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (18-06-2012)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    You've got three girls already, right?
    I think the OP has just one child, I think it's her sister who has three.

OP - a trainee doula might be a good find, there might even be one here on the Hub even

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    I think the OP has just one child, I think it's her sister who has three. :
    Oops, sorry op, must have misread. I still think you can birth alone if need be. Also, I'll second someone else's post, I didn't even notice that Dh was there, I was too busy and focused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i gave birth alone both times - hubby is absolutely terrible around blood etc. and just couldn't do it.
    to be perfectly honest, once the contractions kick in i didn't care at all, i was just focusing on breathing and getting into a comfortable (ha ha! as if there is one!) position.
    i had a male midwife for the first and a student midwife for the second and both were amazing. i'd never met either before but i'm sure when you go in, just explain that you are by yourself and they will literally bend over backwards to support you. if by chance you end up with the midwife from hell, ask to change. it's your birth, your right.
    try not to upset yourself - perhaps get in touch with the breastfeeding association as they often have a lot of contacts and may know someone in your area, or ring your local uni/college that delivers nursing programs. there would be lots of student midwives that would jump at the chance. what i loved about my student midwife is that she was so grateful to be given the opportunity to help deliver her first baby and she will remember that forever

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure it happens more than you think. If partners have to look after kids until someone arrives to take them, those Mum's are flying solo too. I agree with using the midwives there. With my 2nd, I remember squeezing a midwife's hand and my hubby's She was happy to stay there too

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    A student midwife or doula cannot charge a fee and would be grateful for the experience. You can ask here on the Hub too!

Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Call the hospital and let them know that you have no support person and they may be able to assist- by either having a student middy, a social worker or even nurse on hand for you.
    Give UTAS in launceston a call and ask to speak to the co-ordinator of the Midwife course- they may be able to put word out for any willign students(I have friends who are Mid students and they love to be at births!)
    I was in a similar position but had my mum and an aunt there and to be honest I am glad I had someone as they could go find a nurse when I needed and run for the vomit bucket etc... for me) BUT if your sister isnt likely to be supportive then I would think it would only may you feel horrible when you least need it.