+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Flat head (torticollis) and low muscle tone

My 11 week old has been seeing a physio as he was favoring one side of his head and so has a flat right side. My chn referred me to a physio but there's a 3 month wait, so I went to see a private one. She has been great and yesterday said that he also has low muscle tone. I'm trying not to freak but really want to know what this means for him. We are off to a group session within the public system next week where they assess the child and see how severe his problems are and how quickly you need to see one of their physios. He isn't lifting his head yet. I have exercises to do but am silently worrying like heck about him. The physio we see works in the public system too, and when I asked about the severity she said if she saw him within the public system she'd want to keep an eye on him. She says that he was born with the torticollis, probably a result of him being breech for a long time until I had a successful Ecv. My dd was also breech, and I had an Ecv with her but she hasn't had any of these problems.Ok I'm waffling now - does anyone have any good stories for me?
    Last edited by Bellaleggos; 21-06-2012 at 23:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bump

Similar Threads

1. Torticollis
    By Kaz1st in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 31-01-2015, 14:15
  2. Low Muscle Tone Symptoms?
    By GirlyWirly in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 6