+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree!!

How do these men just walk away and continue their lives knowing a part of them is out there growing up without their input?!

Then again, considering how hard some women have it with their exes in the picture I almost don't want that unless he's going to be there properly and without complication!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not in Adelaide hun, but I did some googling and I'll also contact my Uniting Care office when I get a chance and see if they know of any other services. UnitingCare Burnside is NSW/ACT only.

I have found something that seems to be similar to what UnitingCare provides for sole parents and pregnant women:

http://www.sparkresourcecentre.org.au/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaze View Post

Then again, considering how hard some women have it with their exes in the picture I almost don't want that unless he's going to be there properly and without complication!
    Yes! I luckily DIDN'T learn the hard way and avoided all that. I strongly suggest not putting him on the birth cert. Inpregnanting a woman doesn't make a man a father...and only fathers deserve rights to a child.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to captainscaptain For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last I heard from him he didn't want to be on the birth certificate anyway, all I want to do is secure my daughters future by knowing that if I don't put him on there, he has no rights to her later.

I have to speak to some one about this stuff soon actually, just don't know who or where in WA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies....

Legal aid might me a good place to start - protecting yourself and bub in the future is sooo important.

Centrelink will want info about the father and if you tell them the truth and give them his name they can make you go him for child support. I told them the truth with my first and now wish I hadn't cause it's not worth the hassle - honestly. For anyone who left due to DM you can get an exemption for your own safety and that of the baby.

My second daughter was conceived through donor sperm and her dad loves her and shows more concern for her in the four short weeks since she has been born than dd1's dad has done her whole life. dd2 is currently in hospital. He has not been to see her as he's afraid of becoming attached. He's a lovely bloke.

Hope everyone has a great day - I'm heading back to the hospital after my night at home eith DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope everything's ok with your baby Nelle!!

Legal aid is a good start. If I tell centrelink a lie, couldn't FOB hold that against me one day though?

Thanks
    Reviews
    *double post*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't tel him it's his. Our tel him you made a mistake on your
    Dates and it was after him.
    Not sure of this would work for you but wanted to suggest out just incase it might.
    Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie Stackedhouse For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nelle7250 View Post
    For anyone who left due to DM you can get an exemption for your own safety and that of the baby.
    Yeah you can if you have a DVO. But that doesn't sound like it has any relation to OP. The best thing she could do is "not know who the father is" because you know...you slept with so many random guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, what's DM and DVO?? Lol

So much slang on BH!! Hehe