+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Need helpful advice ASAP

Trying to stay away but i need help.

Please keep it nice. I am totally cool if you do not agree with me..but don't attack me or be condescending. Thanks so much. x

Agnes is in Ireland with her Dad. Tonight my FIL has booked for all the family to go stay in a hotel. He has paid a lot of money to stay at this hotel.
    There is 3 couples with 3 kids each, DH and Agnes and My FIL and MIL.

They have booked a big adults only dinner at 9pm...and have booked 3 hotel babysitters to mind all the kids.

This is not something I am ok with. I am not ok with my child being in a different country, with people she has only known a week, in a room with a stranger.

DH is most upset at me as I have asked him not to leave her. Last night he went out and left her at home with the grandparents, this is totally cool with me, but Agnes cried and ended up in bed with them. I am so glad that she was with them and they could make her feel safe.

Agnes called me about 2 hours ago, while DH was in the shower , to tell me she is not happy about tonight.

DH has listened to me, but I feel that he is under HUGE pressure from the family.

.I have told him the options are, Take Agnes to dinner or miss out.
    He has come up with the compromise of, stay in the room till agnes is ok and then leave her with her Ipod touch, and she can text.

Far out, I am just shaking at the thought.

Please any advice is welcome...just not a "why would you be so worried."
    I am worried and wont stop worrying...lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For the first time ever I left my DS (5), DD (2) and cousin (boy 2) in our hotel room with a babysitter that we had met 30mins before we left. It was never something I would have done by my Mum organised it all for a party we were going to. We were a 250m walk across the carpark and we left 3 mobile numbers. It did go pear shaped as my DD had a massive freakout at bedtime (which we had expected) and so my DH went to settle her as I was giving a speech and then I went but she was asleep in that 10mins.

It's not something normally I would have ever ever done but I was put in such an awkward position that I had to do it. By the time the event finished at midnight all kids were well and truly asleep and everything was fine.

I don't envy your position and I am by no means suggesting you change your stance I just wanted to try and give you a positive story to try and make it seem a little ok. I totally understand how you feel, I was panicking big time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh love, that sucks! I also would not ever be comfortable with this. I have no advice and can only offer some big love and hugs!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    For the first time ever I left my DS (5), DD (2) and cousin (boy 2) in our hotel room with a babysitter that we had met 30mins before we left. It was never something I would have done by my Mum organised it all for a party we were going to. We were a 250m walk across the carpark and we left 3 mobile numbers. It did go pear shaped as my DD had a massive freakout at bedtime (which we had expected) and so my DH went to settle her as I was giving a speech and then I went but she was asleep in that 10mins.

It's not something normally I would have ever ever done but I was put in such an awkward position that I had to do it. By the time the event finished at midnight all kids were well and truly asleep and everything was fine.

I don't envy your position and I am by no means suggesting you change your stance I just wanted to try and give you a positive story to try and make it seem a little ok. I totally understand how you feel, I was panicking big time.

Thank you so much.
    I am so freaking lost and I kind of feel helpless to my child. I am not able to ask her how she feels and I worry that DH will just go with it, to avoid an issue with his mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    Oh love, that sucks! I also would not ever be comfortable with this. I have no advice and can only offer some big love and hugs!
    your hugs and love are extremely helpful to my peace of mind.
    xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be far from happy with the idea too. I really don't have any advice, there isn't a lot you can do from here. Does she have skype so you can be online with her while he is out?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to insanity For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (16-06-2012),VicPark  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep - I so wouldn't be happy. You've obviously got a very lovely girl. I've got no advice, just hugs. I'd be ringing every half hour to make sure DH stayed with her and checking in. Sorry, but sending you big hugs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wigglemum For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'd be the same as you worried big time but just a suggestion can all of the kids be in one room till the dinner is over? This would give them all company, I still wouldn't be impressed but relieved that she would be with other kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok..so ..a lot of mums would be the same...

Thanks
    Reviews
    we have had our son babysat in thailand while on holiday.
    are all the kids together? or are there 3 separate kids with 3 separate babysitters in different rooms?
    if they are all in the room together then i think the chance of anything terrible happening is very minimal. if you think about the actual specifics (what exactly you are afraid of.....) it may help to break it down and see it easier.
    would dh really leave her if he felt uncomfortable? or got a bad vibe from the babysitter?
    i hope it all works out, i'm sure it will. but i do know how nerve wracking it is not having that control and being far away.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (16-06-2012)