+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is this normal life with 3 kids?

Do you think I have PND or is how I am feeling just to be expected?

We have three children, 5, 3 and 8 months. I've hit rock bottom so many times since having our third. We have a home based business (with hubby working from home) with our eldest at school.

I just feel so stressed and anxious about everything. Normally I'm quite a rational person, but my stressors are things that shouldn't stress me out. I like to be busy but I feel like everything is overwhelming me. Keeping the house tidy, making meals, dealing with the children. My husband seems to keep thinking that as long as I have positive times in my day I should be fine. But is it normal to have such lows as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh yeah it's pretty normal I have 6, 3.5 & 2 years of age and DH works away 9 days out of each fortnight. I am just getting by at the moment, have seen the doctor but apparently it's normal, I'm normal. I don't feel like it most of the time but I think it has alot to do with having so much to do and never getting a break. I have been known to go sit in my room and just cry for 5 mins because the kids have destroyed the loungeroom 10 mins after I finished cleaning it. I know it will get better one day At least I know I'm not on my own. If you ever need to talk just PM me Hope you feel better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you think it may be PND you really should talk to a professional
    However, don't lose heart, I totally understand your frustration! I have 3 kids (6,2 & 1) and omg life is hectic!!! My house is always in a mess, even when it's "clean and tidy" it's still not how I want it :/ the washing never ends and when the end is in sight someone will wet the bed or vomit or wee on the carpet or lounge or it rains ........ It.never.ends!!!!! I am rushed every single school morning to get out the door and most mornings my little ones are in their car seats 10-15mins before we leave just so I can get something done, like dishes (garage right next to kitchen )

Sorry, didn't mean to derail your thread, but just letting you know it's not just you sometimes I have "WHat the hell was I thinking having three" days but funny thing is #3 is the 'easy' baby, it's #2 who is hard work and #1 has way too much attitude :/
    Again, if it's feeling all to much please talk to a professional

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found (still do) the busyness of having three kids could sometimes be overwhelming. Very constant and oh so draining. I wouldn't say I had 'lows' though, or anxiety. But that's just me. If you are worried you should talk to your GP, good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started a similar thread the other day. I went to the docs on Thursday and he did initial blood test to check thyroid, iron and all those things that can effect mood. I'm going back Monday for results and to find out where to go from here...

I have 3 ds's who are 3,2 and 6 months. I've never been an anxious or impatient person and that's all I am at the moment. I also questioned if because I still have good (well better) days it could be pnd...

What I'm trying to say is talk to a gp for a start! Also google the edinburough (?sp) depression scale it gives you an idea or if you should see someone.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Please have a chat with someone. I don't say that to mean there's anything wrong with you, just that you might be pushing too much stress on yourself. For example, you say you like to keep yourself busy. Which is fine, many people do.

But if you're trying to keep yourself busy on top of a hectic schedule you're not going to give your body and mind time to wind down. You just wind up and up and up... And eventually it'll cause you to snap.
    You need some you time. It might simply be that you need some time to recoup and recover. OR it could be something more.

*hugs*

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 little ones, a (just turned) 4 year old, a 2.5yr old and a 7 month old.
    About a month ago I was in such a slump I was thinking I should go to see a Dr and ask about antidepressants.
    But, I was just plain exhausted!
    My baby still feeds at least twice overnight, we had a bad run of coughs and colds with my eldest going to hospital for croup, my middle one has had probably 4 or 5 vomiting bugs in the last couple of months and my husband was working ridiculously long hours, and we have no family close by to give us a hand.
    I was doing everything! And only just holding it together...
    But things have settled over the last couple of weeks and I'm feeling back to my normal self, enjoying my kids and not getting bogged down by the "groundhog day" feeling of being a SAHM.
    DH is away for a boys weekend and I'm not feeling at all stressed about managing by myself while he's away.
    It might be a good idea to talk to someone if you're feeling really overwhelmed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's 'common' to feel overwhelmed and stressed but not necessarily normal, if that makes sense. First i think you need to tell a close friend/family member who cares, how you are feeling. Then I think you should really try and have some time out, maybe find occasional care or a day of child care for the middle/two younger kids, you really need to find time to relax and destress. Also make sure your diet is good and you are getting enough sleep and outdoor time/exercise. Maybe see a naturopath if your that way inclined, get done herbs to give you more energy and clarity. It's REALLY important you have a break. If you still feel the same, I think you should see a GP or counsellor.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks

Hi,

Thanks Ladies. I really appreciate your support.

I'll make an appointment this week to see my GP. I think I've come to the conclusion that something isn't right. Perhaps it's low iron or my thyroid... or something more, but at least going to the GP will give me some idea. Better than just trying to carry on.

If the GP says that there is nothing medically wrong with me, I'll be back here for some more advise on how to cope!!

My husband is pretty great and helps so much with the children... and I still feel like I can't hope. Makes me wonder how it must be for people whose husbands are away lots of the time!! A home based business can be stressful but also has those perks of having hubby here all the time if I really need to call on him.