+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh gals, I'm so sorry you've had to deal with those terrible people.

Fingers crossed it happens for you all soon and you can show them all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had the
    'oh I just googled it, heaps of women have them so don't worry'
    unm this doesn't make it any better! How insensitive

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rosengold111 For This Useful Post:

Mantha77  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosengold111 View Post
    I've had the
    'oh I just googled it, heaps of women have them so don't worry'
    unm this doesn't make it any better! How insensitive
    DH said this to me along with 2 friends without children. The only one who understood was my friend with children who had also had an ectopic.
    Some people just don't get it sadly

Thanks
    Reviews
    People have been really kind to me - no awful or hurtful comments. But I still feel a pang of pain when they say "at least you know you can get pregnant", because I now also know that I can miscarry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    But I still feel a pang of pain when they say "at least you know you can get pregnant", because I now also know that I can miscarry.
    this ^ exactly.
    DP said to me the other night when I was looking through a baby book I had bought whilst pregnant, "why are you looking at that? You can't even get pregnant" .... Clearly he has no idea what happened lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Awful/Stupid Things People Say When You Tell Them You Have Miscarried

I could write a damn book on the stupid things people say

Thanks
    Reviews

My OB said "well something caused this. We'll just never know what" umm thanks very helpful.

And as I was leaving my post op appt he also said "righto well better luck next time".

Thanks
    Reviews

Unless someone has experienced one themselves or been involved with someone who has etc I don't think they can understand and say the right things. That's what I have discovered through mine.

Thanks
    Reviews

I miscarried three days ago. The first thing MIL says is "so did the doctors say when you can start trying?".
    Literally first thing after saying hello. Ummm..... Maybe let me be to get over this one.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lovable View Post
    Unless someone has experienced one themselves or been involved with someone who has etc I don't think they can understand and say the right things. That's what I have discovered through mine.
    And even then that's not a guarantee. My mum has so far said the most hurtful things, and she's a) had an ectopic and a miscarriage, and b) meant well.

I got the whole 'this one probably didn't make it much further than the embryo stage, if that makes you feel better' from the dr at the hospital. Thanks for the thought, but no. I loved it even when it was a pink line and a gathering of hormones.

I know she means well, but this tine mum KEEPS saying, 'well it just wasn't as perfect as our two babies. We can't have any sub-par babies' followed by, 'but boy, you guys are fertile!' yep, but only a 50% success rate... Thanks anyway mum. At least this time she acknowledged it. Last time, I just got through telling her that the 9 weeks scan hadn't gone as expected and no one was home, and she asked me to call my brother because he was really upset because he and his on again/off again girlfriend had broken up again and he needed cheering up.

Hugs everyone. This is pretty much the pits, hey. Xxx