+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never had a m/c but my very close friend has not that long ago. For people who have had a m/c what words of comfort can I say to her? After reading all these comments I'm scared to say anything with hurting her feelings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alimia View Post
    I have never had a m/c but my very close friend has not that long ago. For people who have had a m/c what words of comfort can I say to her? After reading all these comments I'm scared to say anything with hurting her feelings.
    A simple 'I'm so sorry, I'm always here to listen, or hold your hand' means so much more than you could imagine. A lot of my friends now try to ignore the issue/not talk about it, but the ones who say something small and simple- or just give a hug without word, are the best

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boost For This Useful Post:

Alimia  (17-06-2012),mumofprincess  (15-07-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alimia View Post
    The most honest and kindest thing you can say is,"I'm so sorry, I'm here if you need me". If she hadn't brought it up you could ask her if she wants to talk about it but if she says no them just reminds her you're always there for her.

You're a good friend for wanting to help her .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Alimia  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not said to me but about me (admittedly overheard by a colleague, but I believe it's something my ex-boss would say!!): 'I'm not surprised she had a m/c, she and her husband are both overweight.' and 'She was only 7 weeks, I don't know why she can't just get over it.' The worst part is that she had a m/c herself six months ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine wasn't said directly to me but while I was in recovery after having a D&C for a missed misscarriage at 10 weeks 4 days.

As I said I was lying in recovery after having my D&C when a nurse came in to see if I was in any pain or needed anything. Her name was Sarah.

It had gone abut an hour or so and I had just been dozing and I hear a conversation between Sarah and 2 other nurses. They were discussing in great detail Sarah's 10 week pregnancy and how she hadn't told her mum yet and that she was planing on giving her mother a mother's day card. She then went on to describe how much amniotic fluid was in the sac etc etc.... She then waltz in and said was I OK???

No I bl00dy wasn't OK! I complained to managment and got a phone call and apology the next day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    People say some really insensitive things, I couldn't believe it...

The things that hurt the most was from a friend who was the same weeks pregnant as I was - 'At least you know you can get pregnant. This bub wasn't meant to be for you, you can try again soon anyway'.

She knew how long it had taken us just to conceive..it just hurt alot. Especially with the comment this bub wasn't meant to be for you. I had to walk away...

Thanks
    Reviews
    At least you know you can get pregnant was the most common

There will be other babies (But I wanted this one )

and from the obstetrician... "You can have more fun practicing"

Gosh people annoyed me! I would rather them say nothing than something that they thought was well meaning but was just hurtful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My worst was from a "friend" who told me to "stop falling pregnant because you should stop killing all these babies. You should be the one who dies, not innocent babies".

I've had 2 mc. One when my xdf and his mates assulted me at 22 weeks in 2007 and another earlier this year at 9 weeks from organic causes.

I'll never ever forget what she said...as if reliving the assault everyday isn't bad enough, I have the echoes of her bitter words, too.

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTulips View Post
    My worst was from a "friend" who told me to "stop falling pregnant because you should stop killing all these babies. You should be the one who dies, not innocent babies".

I've had 2 mc. One when my xdf and his mates assulted me at 22 weeks in 2007 and another earlier this year at 9 weeks from organic causes.

I'll never ever forget what she said...as if reliving the assault everyday isn't bad enough, I have the echoes of her bitter words, too.

Oh.My.God

I'm so sorry. What a horrible person! Lets hope she never breeds :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTulips View Post