+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum has managed to upset me at every turn and my partner tells me today she said something really insensitive to him as well, "oh I'm a nurse, I think I'd understand [it] better than you".

She has been amazing in other ways though... I just don't understand why she opens her mouth sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having just had a miscarriage two weeks ago I am now experiencing the joy that is stupid things people say.

"At least you can get pregnant. At least you can have kids." Are my two least favourites... yeah great I got lucky the first two times (given I have PCOS and pre-diabetes) and had issue free pregnancies... which is why we were so positive about THIS one... it's a shame it wasn't "third time lucky for us"

I have had my step mother tell me "You will never recover or be the same". Thankyou, that's helpful.

I've also had all the standard "Now you can try again" and "There must have been something wrong with the baby" talk.

I've had a friend who had a stillborn at 35 weeks throw some beauties at me, "at least it was at 8 weeks when it wasn't even a human yet" and "you may have seen a heartbeat but I'd seen a heartbeat and hands and toes etc" - yes miscarrying at 8 weeks is far less serious or heartbreaking than a stillbirth at 35 weeks but it still doesn't lessen my pain any.

A day after my D&C my MIL saw me and said "Well you look like you've been through h3ll"... (No.. it's all been a stroll in the park?)

Today has been my worst, I was due for a midwife appointment. I cancelled. I assumed the midwife would remember holding my hand whilst they did the ultrasound and found I had lost the baby or remember cuddling me as I cried in the office after the scan. NO! "Do you need another appointment?" I said no and she asked why not and when I said I had had an m/c it was "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know". Needless to say I just hung up on her.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It just wasn't the right time.

It wasn't meant to be.

There must have been something wrong with it.

And the only thing I will forever be wondering is... "was that my daughter??"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Awful/Stupid Things People Say When You Tell Them You Have Miscarried

I just got told by a good friend that "maybe the world is making me work for it coz I have such a great relationship" umm..gee thanks I think after being sexual abused as a child and assaulted in a past relationship the world would freakin give me a break. Sorry for the vent, people can b very insensitive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    I just got told by a good friend that "maybe the world is making me work for it coz I have such a great relationship" umm..gee thanks I think after being sexual abused as a child and assaulted in a past relationship the world would freakin give me a break. Sorry for the vent, people can b very insensitive
    That is fckd up-they may as well have said 'u should expect it coz I'm so jealous of ur relationship!' How horrid!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm not too impressed before that she said "I may have had an easy pregnancy but now I have to put up with my a hole ex" thanks for that, so coz u picked a crappy partner but got a lovely baby, I deserve to have miscarriages coz I have a nice partner?! Nice friend >

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    I'm not too impressed before that she said "I may have had an easy pregnancy but now I have to put up with my a hole ex" thanks for that, so coz u picked a crappy partner but got a lovely baby, I deserve to have miscarriages coz I have a nice partner?! Nice friend >
    Some people are so careless with their logic n in turn their mouths! My sister would say something like that She believes in karma n won't do things coz of it n believes when bad things happen that it's karma-wow so losing ur niece or nephew was karma-thanks! Hugs to u Channy xx

BlissfulMama is offline Loving this new tiny person more than I ever imagined!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    All these made me so sad to read, people are so heartless sometimes.

One of my best friends said to me as she was feeding her baby "I don't know what to say to you sorry. I've been pregnant three times and have three beautiful girls..." then looked at her gorgeous baby girl and said "Yes I do! Yes I do! I have such beautiful girls!" and although I felt she meant nothing by it, I remember thinking it was like she was rubbing it in!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulMama View Post
    All these made me so sad to read, people are so heartless sometimes.

One of my best friends said to me as she was feeding her baby "I don't know what to say to you sorry. I've been pregnant three times and have three beautiful girls..." then looked at her gorgeous baby girl and said "Yes I do! Yes I do! I have such beautiful girls!" and although I felt she meant nothing by it, I remember thinking it was like she was rubbing it in!
    Then don't say anything at all instead of ripping my heart out u smug b!tch! That's what I would be tempted to say! Hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We lost our baby girl at 19 1/2 weeks, three weeks ago. If I get told one more time that at least we can have another baby I will scream! Like she's a broken tv and we can just go out and buy a new one. I don't want any baby, I want this one!