+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    West of Melbourne
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Parents can't win. Either you're too soft or too hard, you're going to cop it either way.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I was 15, I had a 28 year old boyfriend.
    My mum certainly did NOT approve (and made it very clear to him!). We talked about it and I knew exactly what she thought of the situation but I chose to do my own thing anyway.
    Had my mum tried to force me not to see the 28 year old, I would have simply up and left. I wasn't living with her, but I was living close by and she could see pretty much everything I got up to.
    I would have moved to Melbourne sooner than I did, into a situation that would have been worse off for me and there would have been nothing she could have done to stop it. At least with me where I was, she could keep an eye from a distance and hopefully protect me in some way.

Looking back with my now adult eyes, I know that the situation was entirely inappropriate. At the same time, I can't say that I would have behaved any differently if I had the knowledge and experience then that I have now.
    I thought I was in love with him, and I wanted to be with him. I didn't let him do anything I didn't want him to, and I didn't feel pressured into doing things that I wouldn't have done if it weren't for the age difference.

I feel for that dad, because I can relate to his daughter! I would have moved in with my ex, and probably would have ended up in an extraordinarily difficult position when I decided that our 6 months were up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (08-07-2012)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I thought the father didn't know the age of the boyfriend until he got contacted by the police?

I wonder how the police got notified of this case....