+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Early, On Time, or Overdue?!

I am currently 38.5 weeks pregnant with Baby #2. My first baby was born at 39 weeks, so I am hoping this little one takes a page out of his/her sisters book! I had my 'show' 3 days ago and have since been experiencing false labour pains. But no baby yet! It's driving me crazy! I am *almost* ready to start on the hot curries, pineapple juice, and long walks to get things moving! I know I could go into labour any time now but the anticipation is killing me! So second time mummies, was your second bub early, on time, or overdue? Did you have a similar situation to mine with your 'show' and labour pains?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My first arrived at 39 weeks. I had no idea she was on her way until I was in labour.

Second arrived only just making it to 38 weeks. I had horrible painful Braxton hicks from about 26 or so weeks, started having contractions at 28 weeks but had medication to stop them. The day before I had her, the midwife could still pop her head out of my pelvis and made arrangements for me to have a meeting with the dr regarding being induced in a fortnight. The next day I started having contractions and she was born 2 hours later.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS2 was the exact same gestation as DS1 40+3. DD was 41+5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD1 was 38+6 and DD2 was a little later at 39 weeks. So both still early but DD2 came later than DD1 by about 15 hours