+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    howdy,

for both my pregnancies i had low HCG levels, the first one my doctor wasn't worried, with this pregnancy, the doctor was convinced i was going to miscarry...he completely freaked me out...i cnt remember the figures, but they were low.....they did finally rise and an early ultrasound at just 4-5wks, showed a sac.......now im almost 35wks along, with another lil boy kicking my ribs out....hubby did some reaserch in the early days and he found boys give lower hcg readings, then that of girls...how true that is, im not sure....*fingers crossed* all turns out well for you...=]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jo7 View Post
    I've had an ultrasound as early as 5 and a half weeks, but it ended up freaking me out more than anything coz all they could see was a sac and nothing in it. By 6 weeks i saw a fetal pole with my last pregnancy, and managed to see a heartbeat with this current pregnancy. Both were internal/vaginal ultrasounds tho..

I understand why ur GP wants to wait till 7 weeks - just in case ur not as far along as u thought.. I know it's hard but if u can, try hold on? If not, and ur like me, an absolute anxiety freak, maybe u could convince ur GP to refer u to a vaginal u/s a little earlier..

Good like with it - sending positive sticky vibes ur way!!
    Thanks I can wait for the ultrasound as long as the blood test levels are ok. But yes I am desperate to know those NOW!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by giveitago View Post
    Had a scan today. Empty sac, but it's in the uterus. So it doesn't appear to be ectopic, but it isnt ruled out yet.

Continue bloods and then another ultrasound in 2 weeks.

I do not believe its a viable pregnancy, but will keep monitoring it until I know for sure it's not ectopic.

Hoping I just miscarry naturally and won't need to discuss methotrexate or D&C's
    Any news hon? Keeping fingers crossed for you.

My hcg was up to 2400 last week at what I thought was 6+6. Only I had a dating scan today and it turns out bubs is only measuring 5+5 today! Saw the sac and there was a heartbeat, so keeping fx it hangs in there. Still not really letting myself believe there's a baby in there, but it seems there is....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I posted a different thread.
    Sac was a pseudosac, it was ectopic.
    Just managed to avoid methotrexate.
    I got the all clear 3 days ago :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fantastic news about the heartbeat. Congratulations.