Closed Thread
Page 1 of 107 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013 is so far away!

Are there others out there stalking bub hub as a way to help ease the frustration of not starting their baby making journey?

In the last 10 months I have not been able to shift the thought/need to have a baby. It's a completely new feeling for me (I was never the type of girl who always wanted children, I wasn't a fan of other peoples children and to be honest babies and children annoyed the hell out of me) and now I can't stop obsessing over all things baby and it's driving my DH insane. I even stalk baby shops and lust over prams and cots and the tiny little clothes.

We have discussed it and we won't be starting our journey until late 2013 (I'll be almost 31 which also worries me) I honestly don't know how I am going to get through the Many many months.

So my question to you... Are you waiting until 2013 to start your baby making journey and if so how do you suppress/ deal with the baby urges.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney For This Useful Post:

tigerchick  (02-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes!! But for us it will be number 2. I've decided we will begin trying in December so I'm not pregnant for my 30th. I've been counting down the months lol. Bub Hub has been so wonderful for advice during and after my birth and I still check it daily. It has become an obsession

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Hi there! I can sympathise - I joined bub hub a long time before we started TTC and I remember how long it seemed to wait. Drove my DH crazy as well with all the baby talk!

We are lucky enough to have a DS already but we're planning on TTC#2 in early 2013. I'm already excited about it but I guess that DS keeps me so busy that I don't have a lot of time to dwell on it. I also have no desire to fall pregnant right now so that makes it even easier.

Before we started TTC DS, I put a lot of effort into preparing for a baby, emotionally, financially and health-wise. Think about some things you'd really like to do before children and try to do them. We travelled to Europe the year before we fell pregnant and I'm so glad we did. We also did some work to our house that would have been more difficult with a baby.

Financially I tried to save as much of my income as possible and learned to live on DHs. That gets you used to having less money but also means you've got a good amount of savings.

Health wise, I lost some weight and generally tried to be fitter. I think that's definitely helped with my post-birth recovery.

Keep stalking baby shops - when you do finally need to start buying you'll know exactly what you want and need, and what's a good price!

Hope the time does go quickly for you!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

Disney  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Disney, it's nice to know I'm not insane and someone else is feeling and going through the exact same thing. All I do is think about babies and research. All I want to do is talk about it but I don't think DP feels the same. We are waiting until next year but I'm going nuts trying to get rid of my baby fever. I too look in shops and online but it's hard when I'm trying not to scare DP off lol. If only we could click our fingers.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SittingWaitingWishingX For This Useful Post:

Disney  (29-06-2012),tigerchick  (02-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah. We will be trying for #2 but with IVF in May/June next year. I am obsessing over it and trawling BH, eBay and everywhere else for all things baby. The next 12 months can't go fast enough

9. The Following User Says Thank You to happykat For This Useful Post:

Disney  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH and I will also be TTC #2 from about April next year. It feels like its forever away but I'm lucky to have my DD to keep me occupied and on my toes til then We started renovating 2 weeks before finding out we were pregnant with DD and still have a bit to do before we are finished but I told DH it has to be done before we have #2 so he has about 18 months to get it done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

i have just joined Bubhub, I couldn't resist any longer! I just can't wait to have my own little bub, but need to wait until next year. It feels like forever to wait! Maybe joining and chatting here will help a bit... Or make it worse haha! Worth the risk

My partner and I are planning to start ttc in mid to late 2013, but I just can't wait! I know it's in our best interests financially to wait but each week that seems to matter less and less. If it was just up to me my heart would definitely win out but I know dp won't give in!

Disney - I don't have any useful tips for suppressing baby urges, mine are getting worse too! I'm actually planning to draw up a budget to put a proposal to dp that maybe we could afford a baby sooner. That's not much of a solution to suppressing baby urges though, perhaps more so an attempt to get my own way
    Last edited by Tashee; 26-06-2012 at 21:56.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tashee For This Useful Post:

Disney  (29-06-2012),tigerchick  (02-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney I was the same, wasn't really besotted by other people's kids at all and was never gushy about having babies.
    What kicked off my baby obsession was my DP mentioning he didn't want kids - well, being told I might not get to have kids certainly fired up my maternal instincts. Thankfully he has done some soul searching and is actually really keen now and he even suggested ttc earlier than first planned
    For me just starting to take preconception vitamins and starting an exercise plan felt like I was already on the road to baby. It has certainly helped to have those little goals.
    I know it doesn't help much now, but how quickly will those months go!
    Wasnt it just Christmas?!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to calicocat For This Useful Post:

Disney  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SittingWaitingWishingX View Post
    Oh Disney, it's nice to know I'm not insane and someone else is feeling and going through the exact same thing. All I do is think about babies and research. All I want to do is talk about it but I don't think DP feels the same. We are waiting until next year but I'm going nuts trying to get rid of my baby fever. I too look in shops and online but it's hard when I'm trying not to scare DP off lol. If only we could click our fingers.
    Its so nice to hear that others are going through the same thing as me! I keep thinking yep next year isn't that far away but it will be 2014 when I'm actually holding that baby in my arms! I hope we can all keepeach other company during this time. I have recently discovered the show one born every minute and LOVE it so much. Each time a baby is born I cry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tashee - we are planning mid to late 2013 too! We need to save money and get on top of mortgage payments. I hope the time goes fast! I want a baby during the spring months but I know that means I've gotta wait until the end of 2013 which is so far away so now I'm actually thinking about what it would be like to have a winter baby... Does it even matter???