Closed Thread
Page 95 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    welcome!!

Feb/march are a busy months for this forum so you'll have lots of company whilst ttc! We are all so excited to ttc and the count down for 2013 has gotten smaller and smaller so we are on the home stretch now!

Thanks!! Very exciting time and will be great to chat with others whilst ttc!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok now im on the comp i can do a better reply!

Welcome to all the new ladies I hope you can pass your time here and ease the craziness and stress in the leadup to TTC! I hope your TTC and preparation to TTC journeys go well and we can all celebrate some BFP's together next year!

Lilnightmare - i love that nappy bag!! Looks like it would suit you perfectly! For DS we just had your average bag from Target. I used to pack it FULL and never used half of it... Now, at 20mnths old... I just keep a spare nappy and small packet of wipes in the car...I carry his water (well, he does) and thats all we take. If we are going out a bit longer, we obviously take more and ill just pack a little bag. I Love the Advent Calendar Idea!!! LOL

Disney - you sound like you had a fantastic time!! If you could update me to currently TTC on the rollcall that would be good Thanks.

Hi Tashee!! Welcome back again As for AF off the pill, I just finished my first one, after a chemical, and it was shorter and lighter. I got my BFP Thursday evening, Thursday night i started cramping and bleeding. I figured it was all over, rode it out, She finished Yesterday morning, so only 3-4 days long...about 12hrs of cramping... (my first MC was torture and had me doubled over in pain on more than one occasion....and super heavy horrible feelings of flooding down there...YUCK!!) ...sorry, tmi there.
    Before DS off the pill, my normal AF was 7-10 days, and awfully heavy and painful for 2-3 days, then gradually tapered off to spotting for the rest. I would see a doctor if the pain is horrible, and its quite heavy. Just for reassurance. Hopefully you get some answers and relief soon!

Clucky - how horrible for someone to say that!! I would have been livid!! Some people really have no idea how hurtful their words can be to someone who is TTC! Even if they mean it in the nicest way, their words can still cut deep. I hope you are feeling a bit better about it now.

AFM, Im cruising along well now, the past week was horrible! Mum was admitted to hospital Monday, got home Saturday. DS got gastro wednesday, I got it thursday...so my weekend was a quiet one.

Tomorrow we have DS's Childcare Xmas party Im not sure what it is like now, but it used to be fairly low key when i worked there. Parents bring their own dinner, Santa comes, kids get a bag of lollies and an icey pole... Santa goes, everyone goes home.

After last month, im not sure where we stand with O or AF dates! It just threw everything out, as it was a shorter than normal cycle for me. But thats ok. Ive noticed i get Ovulation pains (got them last month, and when we concieved DS, and have had them before but not paid attention to when) so ill know if/when im in the TWW and what our chances are then. We are going away over xmas too, so it will make it easier not to test until we get back, around the 28th So ill more than likely test once we get home, being the POAS addict i am, but after this month, i dont really want to know until AF is due, so maybe i might hold out till early Jan sometime

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013 is so far away!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Cantwaitforbubba - I've updated the roll call for you.

Heids89 - welcome to our thread...2013 seemed a million miles away when I first started this but it's oh so close now!! Your wedding will be here in the blink of an eye! How's the planning going for that? God I had an awesome time at my wedding!! You'll have the best day!!

AFM - I just bought some opk's from Coles eek!! It's getting so real... I should be ovulating in the next day or so and I wanna know if that's correct or not. I'm bursting to buy pregnancy books as well but I promised myself I wouldn't until I was utd! It's getting hard! I have the what to expect before expecting but I really want to get the 'real' one!!
    Argh planning is horrible at times, I hate dealing with some vendors, but others are good. I'm delegating jobs to others now as I was starting to stress out. We've chosen daye and venue (agreement due in today), make up artist, florist, about to decide photographer and hairdresser. My dress also needs to be ordered. Phew.

All this is keeping me distracted from ttc. I also need to find a job beginning of next year, as I was made redundant a month ago which sucks so bad.

Thanks
    Reviews

What has everyone done or plan to do in preparation for trying for a baby?

I think my first step will be to come off the pill obviously. That won't be until about February.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post
    Argh planning is horrible at times, I hate dealing with some vendors, but others are good. I'm delegating jobs to others now as I was starting to stress out. We've chosen daye and venue (agreement due in today), make up artist, florist, about to decide photographer and hairdresser. My dress also needs to be ordered. Phew.

All this is keeping me distracted from ttc. I also need to find a job beginning of next year, as I was made redundant a month ago which sucks so bad.
    oh delegating is good!! I made sure I surrounded myself with the best vendors who I had total faith in so I didn't need to chase them up which was the greatest thing I could have done! Oh getting your dress is the most exciting part!! Oh I would love to get married again I had such an awesome day! So jealous of your pending nuptials

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tannedangel View Post

I think my first step will be to come off the pill obviously. That won't be until about February.
    i have made sure my phi was all in order, have a pre conception check up at the doctors (allow time for injections if you need them.. whooping cough, chicken pox if you havent had chicken pox before) and dentist, lost weight/get fit, started taking folic acid and iodine for at least 3 months before ttc, start reducing my coffee intake and obviously went off the pill. That was the hardest part.. Working out your cycles and what your body naturally does!

This'll helps pass the time before ttc!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tannedangel View Post

I've changed my phi and have just gone off the pill.
    Next steps for me are pretty much what Disney said - pre conception checkup, getting healthy and start tracking my cycles.
    I had been on the pill for sooooo long, so should be interesting to see what happens now that I'm off it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started taking ifolic (iodine and folic acid) and went off the pill. Im starting eating healthier, hoping to loose weight (REALLY need to, really should before TTC) we dont have PHI, and id go public here anyway. (our local hospitals maternity ward is all private rooms anyway so no gain)
    I know all my blood work is up to date as i had DS less than 2yrs ago...and i have regular blood tests for other things anyway....

Thanks
    Reviews

It's so great to see other girls starting to have there check ups and things. It's becoming so real now. I'm so tempted to just jump on dp and attack him for an "oopsie" come on 3 weeks you can't come soon enough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol lil nightmare!!

Im going with the flow this month.... I Think after we finally have #2, im Not ever going back on the pill again! I have never had sooo much trouble. I started getting breakthrough bleeds on the pill around may/june a few days after they stopped... Ive never had it before in my life!

I went off the pill end Nov, had my WD bleed, it stopped for 2-3 days, had a breakthrough bleed....had a chemical preg....got AF 3 days early....she stopped, and today i got more breakthrough Obviously it didnt affect us last month, but its still not 'right'. Ill see what this month eventuates too before racing off to my GP.