Closed Thread
Page 9 of 107 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    /$&
    Last edited by HOMS; 16-08-2012 at 22:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Talk got me nowhere only I don't knows! Feeling very emotional and aggravated today as I feel I got no where

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Disney I was exactly the same before my first! I wanted to stay as long as possible to get the most help for as long as I possibly could! I think thats what was the problem though. I was learning how to do everything, breastfeed, change nappies, dress, put to sleep, when to feed, everything. Then every 8 hours there would be a shift change and things I was doing right with one midwife was not with another. I was feeling very vulnerable after the birth, and started to feel like I couldn't look after him. I couldn't sleep as the hospital was very noisy, and when you did get the chance to finally sleep you'd get a visitor or the food tray would be brought in, which you would have to eat then and there as they take it away after an hour. I was glad to be there in some ways, as a knew nothing bad would happen to DS, your stitches get looked at and bleeding checked. And your doctor comes and checks on you everyday which is fun! But It was very uncomfortable. Next time I think I will have to confidence to try things my own way in my own home.

One thing I learnt at an ABA breastfeeding seminar before DS was born though was that flowers in your room can hinder the baby getting to know your sent and bonding with you.

Also after birth you want that first poo to be very easy to get out, so maybe a nice fruit salad instead of cupcakes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SittingWaitingWishingX View Post
    Talk got me nowhere only I don't knows! Feeling very emotional and aggravated today as I feel I got no where
    Hugs to you !

That sucks he wasnt responsive to your thoughts and needs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HOMS & Trio - Thanks for the hospital reality check, to be honest I didnt have any idea about ANY of those things that you both mentioned. Its really not glam at all! I suppose when you visit people for that 20 minutes or so it looks all fun, but its what happens outside of those 20 minutes i suppose... Scary!

So ladies, you might be able to help me with this, i'm trying to work backwards with working out what month to start TTC, i think a March/April baby would be great so this is where i get a little confused. Do i could back 9 months from say march which would be June, meaning we have to make the baby in june? I've tried the due date calculators and they are confusing me more.... would love opinions on this!

Also does anyone have any experience, knowledge of how much it sucks to be pregnant over summer... is it as bad as im imaginging it to be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you all for the welcome

HOMS - yes very excited for the wedding but ahhh only 100 days or something until November! Its going be down the Gold Coast (we live in Brisbane) so it will be like a mini destination but still close by - plus would love to move to the coast in the far future - its not getting a great wrap right now and fh and I have discussed its not an ideal environment to start a family. We probably are being a little selfish as we're off to Fiji for our honeymoon for a week but I can't help but want to do just one more thing as just a couple. I did the south island a few years ago (just Queenstown) and it was absolutely spectacular. NZ has to be one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen after Lucern in Switzerland. Plus its much closer

Disney - count 40 weeks back from you edd and week 1 will be the start of your period. Now thats only estimated because cycles can vary and of course bubs might stay in longer or come sooner. I would start baby making in end of May/start June - depending on what day of which week your period starts to give yourself some room. You might have to count forward though from now to get a rough estimate. I can't help with the summer issue though as I grew up in Darwin and am so used to the heat it would't phase me.

Yes the fear of not actually being able to fall pregnant is worrying - it shouldn't though as I'm 22 and I guess in my 'prime' but then I can't help but worrying about everything that might go wrong. I'm such a worry wort and is something I seriously need to address in myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Disney. I'm sorry for the sook just didn't know where else to go. Found myself a bit frustrated today so text DP all I needed to say lame I know :\ but he replied and said we can have a talk tonight babe so I'm going for take two. I'm hoping that it winds up better than now. Ok sook is over lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    /$&
    Last edited by HOMS; 16-08-2012 at 22:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    SJK - I wish I was 22!! Damn! 22 was a great age, actually 22 - 25 were the most fun years, enjoy it! Thats so exciting, a november wedding! I got married at the start of this year. It was so much fun, i didnt think i would enjoy it as much as i did (im a stress head) but it was by far the best day of my life so far.

HOMS - You Poo in the labour suite??? WHAT ????? I would die, literally, of embarassement! Also great advice for SWW as well!!

SWW - i agree with HOMS its important that you are both completely honest about your expectations and what you want!

everyone - thanks for the tips of when to start TTC! I get so excited thinking about it, then get scared and nervous and then excited again and then feel a little sick, then REALLY excited! LOL. I reckon the first first time DH and I DTD without any form of protection will be so strange and I have this weird feeling I'll be very aware of it and so will he.. i could/would probably even laugh (like a nervous laugh)! those of you that already have a bubs, were you really aware of the fact that ok we are going to have sex and we are doing nothing to stop a baby being made...I've spent soo many years being so active in preventing a baby that its gonna be weird to not do that.

How old is everyone and where are we all from?

I'm just about to turn 30 and im from Sydney

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney the midwives don't even bat an eyelid at poo! At my hospital they had a spa you can labour in which is fantastic! But they keep a little net handy in case a poop floats up.

Homs, You are totally right, pregnancy is not a sickness! I wouldn't mind being preg over summer. I would love to show off my bump at the coast. Last time I was pregnant our last trip to the coast was a 15weeks. So i just looked like I had had a big lunch. Still strutted about though!

Sjk I loved queenstown too, I can't wait till our family is big enough for a ski trip to nz. I also really want to do the milford track, it sounds amazing! 100 days isn't long till your wedding!

Disney when we first BD it was different, really exciting and nervous at the same time. It was way before I was due to O so it wasn't like I was going to get pregnant that time but That little thought that it could be a possibility was there, and was kind of distracting, but it was very intimate.

I am turning 29 in a few days and live in the northan tablelands of nsw in a small town near armidale. I wish I was 22!