Closed Thread
Page 85 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lil Nightmare, wow, 2 rooms that blows my mind!
    we are a 35 place centre, and have 3 rooms (ten 0-2yo, ten 2-3yo and fifteen 3-5yo) I imagine your room must be really busy, you would need a good indoor/outdoor area!
    Ill look into the clear blue ovulation tests. sound a bit simpler than peeing in a cup in the middle of the day. I would really like if there is something you can use fmu with.

cant wait, thanks for your baby dust. Im just waiting for af to finish so I can start monitoring. I dont think I will ever chart. I am too lazy first thing in the morning to take my temp every day. also, i dont always wake up at the same time.
    I totally mis read you going back to work in 3 weeks. lol, I read it 3or 4 times because I was sure i was reading wrong and that you did not have children, but I kept reading the same thing anyway!!! now I get it lol
    That would be terribly hard, and I am happy for you that you have made some tough decisions. Im sure that life will be easier in 2014 for you both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013 is so far away!

Mrsla, my first centre I worked at was that setup. I think it worked best out of the 3 I worked in. the 2nd was a 25 place centre 0-3: 10 children, 2 staff, me and an assistant. 3-5: 15 children, me. Ossasionally an assistant, who floated across both rooms covering breaks and lunches etc.
    My last one was a 41 place centre. 2 rooms, 0-2: 10 most days with 2-3 staff. But could have 13, 3 staff. Then the 2-5 room, was split into 2 groups. 2-3 and 3-5. I was the 2-3 group leader. We had 33 children on a busy day, babies only had 8. 17 of those were mine! We had 4 staff. Sometimes 3 assistants, as the other group leader wasnt quite ft. if we had under 30 en only had 3 staff across the 2 groups. Insanely dangerous! The routine would often leave one person outside with majority when nappy changes being done, especially if there was an accident!

No eylf for me. I left just at the end if the transition, so didn't benefit from the new ratios either. Not sure if I will go back though. My old boss asks me to when I drop in, but we moved 1 hr away and now have ds so not as easy!

I miss the kids though but i have my own ds!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Our outdoor yard is huge so we are blessed on that sense. Would love it of our rooms were a lol bigger though. Can be a bit stressful but all part of the job I guess. I bought the clearblue tests today so ill know soon enough when o occurs. I wanna be prepared when we ttc

Thanks
    Reviews

I think I'm on the road to o! Its still a bit away yet but I had done tmi...cm, just a tiny bit, but its looking promising!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive been thinking...for those of you who work with children.... Have u had the name discussion??

I found there were ALOT of names that i could not imagine naming my child... we had a horrid time naming DS! I would just remember a certain child with that name, and a behaviour or trait i didnt find appealing...One of the names DF suggested, was a very spirited 2yo who would climb onto the tables and Free-fall with arms opened onto the tiled floors! Said child would also be into any and every cupboard, shelf, box, container, door etc etc. A Very inquisitive and exploritory little one Just the thought of the name, had me running for the hills just incase some of the traits followed the name

Growing up, through most of primary school, i had 3 "christopher"s in my class, i didnt want my children to be 1 of many of that name...so he got quite an unusual name.....We already have a future DD's picked, once again it will be unusual. No hope again for a boy though. It would really throw me for 6!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!! I'm still away in the US at the moment, currently flying between places actually (they have wifi in the plane!) I've had such a wonderful time so far. I have been checking out their prams and nursery furniture and clothing for bubbas and its all sooo much better than what we have at home which sucks so much. The prices are really cheap too. I've had a quick read through the posts and caught up. It's been busy while I've been away. It's nice to see life on the hub is continuing as normal. Welcome to the new faces as well!! Hope you all had a great Melbourne cup day. I've only got a few more pills to go before coming off bc which is super exciting and I've been taking my folate everyday!
    Well we are descending now and I've gotta switch off my electronic device but I can't wait to have a moment to check on the next instalment of this thread! Baby dust to you all and chat soon!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Disney- glad to hear your having a great time.

Shadow- we thankfully don't have the name struggle. We have 2 girls names and 2 boys names picked. They aren't the norm either so it will be nice knowing they will be the only ones in there classroom... Hopefully haha. I can say though there are plenty of names I wouldn't use at all. I can totally understand the trait thing too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone, Pretty quiet around here lately!

I have some name struggles, there is a few names that I would never call my child because it is the same name as a child I once cared for at work.
    This is because they made a good and sometimes (more often) a not so good impact on me.
    DH and I disagree on a lot of names, but also agree on quite a few. I have a maiden name that can also be a first name so that will somehow come into DS's name (if we have a boy) either first, or middle name.

Whats been going on in everyones planning to ttc journey?
    How is everyone's bodies adapting coming off bc?

I am cycle 2 into ttc and just waiting to o atm. everything in ttc feels like you just wait!
    3rd month off bc and cycles seam pretty settled at 27 days, o'ing around day 14, I'm sure that can all change pretty quickly though so fingers crossed that it stays nice and stable at 27!!!
    although I have had a bit of random spotting the past couple of days, so don't know whats happening there!

Hope everyone is great and not too baby crazy

Thanks
    Reviews

I think we have just officially entered the tww!

Cd17, and sure I got o pains this arvo. I caved and got opks, looked like I just caught the surge. Last nights looked positive, then this mornings was even darker. Tonights I think was lighter, haven't compared yet, will shortly.

I think it was like 9 hrs between the strong opk and o pain.... Too soon??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fx shadow,
    After starting here together, we are now in the testing threads together
    I used opk's last cycle, and although I get pretty good o symptoms they still helped. I will start opk'ing tomorrow.
    I think 9 hours is good. especially if your last nights one was + ive, then its like 24 hours???? from your first + ive