Closed Thread
Page 84 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo never thought I would be happy to see red AF. Looks like my cycle length is approx 26-27 days. Sooo I am now on CD1 and can start temping & using OPK's to see when I ovulate, by the time we start trying in Feb I should be a pro haha
    Bring it on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I most likely be starting injections in January. Was really hoping to start this mo nth but unfortunately still waiting for fragile x blood results. It's been 6 weeks and it's driving me nuts waiting. December is out for us as going away five days after Xmas and that time away would fall with the egg retrieval dates so that's out. So unless blood results are miraculously back before af is due which is a week then January is locked in. Just frustrating as really was hoping to start this month so disappointed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    I most likely be starting injections in January. Was really hoping to start this mo nth but unfortunately still waiting for fragile x blood results. It's been 6 weeks and it's driving me nuts waiting. December is out for us as going away five days after Xmas and that time away would fall with the egg retrieval dates so that's out. So unless blood results are miraculously back before af is due which is a week then January is locked in. Just frustrating as really was hoping to start this month so disappointed
    Clucky I am so sorry to hear things have been delayed for you, I know how hard it can be to wait patiently when you really want something

Hopefully when things kick off in January it wont take too long for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies!
    So much to reply to and I'm supposed to be packing the car for a road trip to Byron (from Sydney). Going to be interesting with a 20 month old...!

Lilnightmare, I'm an ECT! Working with the 4-5s this year, but spent the three years before mat leave with the 2-3s. I take my hat off to you for running a room with such a huge age difference! How's your head getting around the EYLF?

I've got a few things that I'd like to do differently this time around but I'll get back to you on that...don't have enough time in the day to write an essay about it!! Mostly I'm considering having a doula to support me through the birth, and just watching the midwives on One Born Every Minute confirms this!!

I'll be out for just over a week. Have a great week obsessing over cycles and babies!
    Jess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, time for me to catch up! so this will be a LOOOONNNNGGG post,
    Get a cuppa and relax lol

[QUOTE=JessyJ;

Bought ANOTHER pregnancy test today, found a clear blue 3 pack at Chemists Warehouse for 10 bucks, 6 off, and I couldn't pass it up...[/QUOTE]
    I will be going there today to try and pick some up! af arrived yesterday, so cycle 2 of ttc here we come!!!!!
    I am also thinking of getting some good ovulation tests, (don't know much about them yet) that are really easy to use. I have lots of internet cheapies, but they are all difficult to use at work, (need to pee in a jar and dip the stick in then wait) which means I can only test once a day at about 6 - 7pm, so I could easily miss the LH surge!!
    does anyone know anyhting about store bought ovulation tests that are really easy to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    So sometimes, when I'm feeling super clucky, even when I'm struggling through my uni exams and still dreaming of having a baby right NOW.... I wonder if its because I never satisfied my desire to really nurture and feel that my dream remains unfulfilled? It's crazy how much I want another shot at it.

So the questions are: am I crazy and is there anything that you would like to do over again that wasn't able to be done in the first place?
    Marepoppin, I am so sorry to hear you had such a rough time
    No you are not crazy, I think that you know so much more now than you did with your first bubba, and that will help you through with your next one.
    I know how you feel about wanting a baby RIGHT NOW, no matter what the circumstances. I think it is just something that ticks inside us that makes us go all crazy clucky! Maybe some of it does relate to you wanting to really nurture, but I think even if bf was totally successful with your first that you would still feel the same now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    Hi Marepoppin

I also hope to breast feed or at least express breast milk and bottle feed due to time restraints (taking bub to work fulltime within 3 weeks of birth) but I guess we can plan these things but mother nature can come along and change those plans without warning.

MrsLA seems like you and I are going through a similar thing with light periods etc? I have been off the pill for about a year and have had light periods ever since. When I was young it arrived and there was no mistaking it, now I have light crap for days then red for one or two max but its still not very heavy. Its hard to know what to count as day one so I have been trying to concentrate on pin pointing O instead since that is the most important thing to know! This month I have had no real red AF so I dont know what that means. Unpredictable cycles are doing my head in!
    wow back to work full time in 3 weeks!!!! that must of been so hard??
    I've only been off the pill for 2 months, (i forgot to take heaps in the month prior to stopping, so more like 3 months really) and and the first 2 af were really light but this one now is a little more normal. I am still convinced that I am o'ing though because I am having pains from cd 13 to cd16 ish with really sensitive nipples, AND I got a positive opk on cd 13 last month. (also dh cant keep his hands off me over these days, (which is not like him) so I assume I am releasing whatever hormones that makes me ultra desirable to him)

Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    Mrsla - yeah it was in regards to nqf and qip. Had our assessment day last week hopefully went well. Have good vibes about it. Lucky u about ur hubby I know u said u weren't fans of condoms. I hope that if ur af does arrive this month your bfp isn't to far away.

Jessyj- yeah I'm in early childhood education. I'm the room leader of a 0-3s room so I get my bubby fix everyday lol
    Thats wonderful that you are feeling good about your assessment. I would be interested to hear how you go?
    How big is your Room? How many other educators do you work with? 0 - 3 is a big age gap, I imagine this would be tough some days?

I knew dh would come around pretty fast. I think he just does not want the stress and obsession about ttc. he is not a big planner, so thinking into the future about a baby is not his forte iykwim.
    We have discussed it a lot though, and although he is worried his mental health may decline, he is sure he does want a baby and beleives it will actually improve his anxiety, there is just that bit of doubt for him. I am 100% sure he will make a great daddy no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    Woohoo never thought I would be happy to see red AF. Looks like my cycle length is approx 26-27 days. Sooo I am now on CD1 and can start temping & using OPK's to see when I ovulate, by the time we start trying in Feb I should be a pro haha
    Bring it on!
    WOW, my cycle has been 27 days for the last few months, (still assuming that the really light spotting I had was in fact af) and I was cd1 yesterday too!! we are on exactly the same cycle atm
    I o'd on 13 last month, leaving me with a 13 day leuthal phase which I am quite happy about, it stays like this so my bfp comes easier!
    Ill be interested how your tracking goes?

Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    Sorry to hear your ttc journey has been delayed, but our motto has been "all good things come to those who wait" your turn will come too I am sure.
    feel free to join in our waiting and share your story with us

Quote Originally Posted by JessyJ View Post
    Hey ladies!
    Lilnightmare, I'm an ECT! Working with the 4-5s this year, but spent the three years before mat leave with the 2-3s. I take my hat off to you for running a room with such a huge age difference! How's your head getting around the EYLF?

I'll be out for just over a week. Have a great week obsessing over cycles and babies!
    Jess
    I am also in Early Childhood, I work for local government and am the Director of a centre! I think we have the best job in the world, even though it can get a bit (OK VERY) manic some days
    2-3 year olds is a wonderful age, how many children in your room?
    We are pretty sorted with the EYLF, and have been on board with it for a little while, just need to get a bit more knowledgeable about the NQF and updating our QIP more frequently.
    being a part of council, we have 5 other centres, and one of them is about to go through their assessment visit in a few weeks, so I will hear all about it and learn from them

whats everyone got planned for the weeknd? whatever you are doing enjoy!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Thanks mrsLA, you're prob right about feeling the same regardless but I still just want it so much. Hey I've not been actively ttc or charting before, can you tell me why having a luteal phase of 13 days is good? What's it mean anyway?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive not actively ttc or charted either, I just spend way to much time stalking BH hahaha
    your luteal phase is your dpo, your time between ovulation and when af arrives. on average it is 14 days.
    your luteal phase is normally always the same, so if af is late or early, it usually means you o'd later or earlier than usual.
    If your lutual phase is short (i think the magic number is shorter than 10days, but I could be wrong) it can be hard to get utd because your lining starts to break down and af may arrive before implantation can occur.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Ive not actively ttc or charted either, I just spend way to much time stalking BH hahaha
    your luteal phase is your dpo, your time between ovulation and when af arrives. on average it is 14 days.
    your luteal phase is normally always the same, so if af is late or early, it usually means you o'd later or earlier than usual.
    If your lutual phase is short (i think the magic number is shorter than 10days, but I could be wrong) it can be hard to get utd because your lining starts to break down and af may arrive before implantation can occur.
    Haha I think I o'd on CD13 last month too!! Hilarious, so this month I should O around the 20th, it will be interesting to see if the OPK gives me a positive around that time and if my assumption that ewcm means I am about to ovulate is correct....its the first month I will be using ovulation prediction methods like OPK's and temping. Started temping yesterday and its already annoying but effective in making sure ovulation has occured with the spike in your temp the day after you ovulate so I will persist with it. Just have to wait and see what happens!

MrsLA I hope this is your month, HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!! I wish I was at that stage too but we will all be there before we know it, time flies when you are having fun "practising" for the big event haha. Good luck & lots of baby dust coming your way!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    wow back to work full time in 3 weeks!!!! that must of been so hard??
    I havent had a baby before, this will be my first but we own two businesses & only myself and my husband run them both, without me neither will run effectively. Sooo I have no choice, I have to try and keep them going with minimal down time after our 1st is born. Its a bit stressful thinking about how I will cope with such a huge workload and having to look after a newborn!! I am a bit scared.

JessyJ I hope you have an awesome trip to Byron & good luck travelling with your bubba

I just finished up a morning/afternoon riding dirtbikes with a big group of motor cross riders, my husband built a bike track over the road on 60 acres so the club had their Xmas break up there today with a BBQ etc. Being out in the sun all day makes me so sleepy which is a bummer when I have to go out for a birthday dinner tonight, all I want to do is sit on the couch! It was lots of fun though
    Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Cantwaitforabubba- it's the only time you will ever be happy to see af. Lol hopefully you won't have to see her too many more times lol.

Jessyj- cool. Yeah we only have 2 rooms in our centre. 39 place centre. We have my room 0-3 and a 3-5 room. We are constantly wanting a toddler room. We are pretty well adjusted to eylf now... Trying to get our directors head around it though. She is very old school and doesn't do change well. Sometimes I feel like id be better hitting my head on a brick wall to get the point across lol

MrsLa- ill let you know our results when they come in. On an day were we are full (which is most days) I have 16 kids. I have 4 staff members in my room including myself. I have days where it's mega stressful.... Especially this time of year when my older toddlers are ready to move into the other room. I know my Dp feels the same way about all the testing stuff however he's happy to let me test and just tell him "we are good to go!" lol. A good o test is the clear blue digital ones. It's a Poas and shows a smiley face when you have ur LH surge or nothing if you don't.

Afm I have tested myself the last few days to try and pinpoint o. First 2 says nothing. Today I had a slight line (using the first response opk) will test again tomorrow and see if it's darker. Today was cd12 so we shall see. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I had a long chat yesterday and mutually decided we would be better off waiting another 12 months to start trying so maybe early 2014 (just after my 30th birthday). I am happy with the decision because its going to make my life a hell of a lot easier when the baby does eventually arrive! We will have no business or personal debt by then, no mortgages etc so we can cut our work load in half and it wont matter. Yay! I'm so glad we have found a solution to our work / baby problems. I can be patient if I know its in my best interests to wait, I will then be able to enjoy the experience with minimal stress when it does happen, so its all good