Closed Thread
Page 82 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I would say......

I cant wait to have a baby!!!!!! .... No surprises there!

Disney I haven't been to Vegas or America before so its going to be new and exciting although I am not looking forward to the long flight. I cant sleep on planes so the last time I went overseas I was up for 36 hours straight by the time we got to our destination with airport stopovers etc included ARGH!

I am currently reading What to Expect Before you are Expecting, lots of good info I skip the bits I already know about & parts that aren't relevant to me (like giving up smoking & drugs lol). Its interesting, I didnt know it only takes the sperm 1 hour to reach the egg and for fertilization to occur, fancy that!

I am going bananas I just want to start this journey NOW! hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    Just thought I would say......

I cant wait to have a baby!!!!!! .... No surprises there!

Disney I haven't been to Vegas or America before so its going to be new and exciting although I am not looking forward to the long flight. I cant sleep on planes so the last time I went overseas I was up for 36 hours straight by the time we got to our destination with airport stopovers etc included ARGH!

I am currently reading What to Expect Before you are Expecting, lots of good info I skip the bits I already know about & parts that aren't relevant to me (like giving up smoking & drugs lol). Its interesting, I didnt know it only takes the sperm 1 hour to reach the egg and for fertilization to occur, fancy that!

I am going bananas I just want to start this journey NOW! hehe
    Oh you will love the states! Its my fav place! If you want any tips or advice don't hesitate to ask. The flight is really not bad either so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Leaving on a jet plane

Hey ladies,

So this is my last post until the end of November when I get back from holidays!! I'm so excited for this time away and it's going to be our last big thing dh and I do as a couple before we embark on our ttc journey.

We have some great dinners (and stupidly expensive) booked, margarita nights, soft cheese and salami eating feasts, which im so excited about and I've packed my folic acid so ill be in the habit of taking it and im sure its going to help, even though i wont be treating my body like a temple while im away LOL!! But I'm guessing every bit counts.

It's only 59 days until 2013 so I hope you all stay excited (ha as if you wont !!) and I can't wait to catch up on all the news, gossip and random tmi questions that's you have all been discussing!

Speak to you all soon!

Xoxo Disney!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Hey ladies,

So this is my last post until the end of November when I get back from holidays!! I'm so excited for this time away and it's going to be our last big thing dh and I do as a couple before we embark on our ttc journey.

We have some great dinners (and stupidly expensive) booked, margarita nights, soft cheese and salami eating feasts, which im so excited about and I've packed my folic acid so ill be in the habit of taking it and im sure its going to help, even though i wont be treating my body like a temple while im away LOL!! But I'm guessing every bit counts.

It's only 59 days until 2013 so I hope you all stay excited (ha as if you wont !!) and I can't wait to catch up on all the news, gossip and random tmi questions that's you have all been discussing!

Speak to you all soon!

Xoxo Disney!!
    I hope you have an absolutely wonderful holiday! Just think when you come back we are going to be way closer to 2013!

Your expensive dinners and eating feasts sound great, have a ball and enjoy it 100%, you will be looking after yourself when you get back so make the most of it

Bye for now, see you on the flip side

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay disney! Have fun!

Well all of a sudden I'm considering ttc now! I have my bleed from pill atm, and am excited about it. Will make a decision tomorrow before I have to start taking the pill again.

I'm feeling life is too short and uncertain as my besties mum passed away yesterday. My own parents are not young and its really scared me! I never knew my grandparents at all so I want my children to know theirs. Ds love love loves his poppa and nanna (my parents) and we don't associate with dfs family.

Anyway, hope all is well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Yay disney! Have fun!

Well all of a sudden I'm considering ttc now! I have my bleed from pill atm, and am excited about it. Will make a decision tomorrow before I have to start taking the pill again.

I'm feeling life is too short and uncertain as my besties mum passed away yesterday. My own parents are not young and its really scared me! I never knew my grandparents at all so I want my children to know theirs. Ds love love loves his poppa and nanna (my parents) and we don't associate with dfs family.

Anyway, hope all is well!
    Awwww I am so sorry to hear the news about your besties mum passing away, that must be devastating for you, your friend and her family

The possibility of TTC now is awesome and I am sure you will make the decision that is right for you. How exciting, looks like we are all busting out of our skin to start the ball rolling on TTC!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks cantwait... I am more emotional than my bestie, im sure it hasnt hit her yet. She seems so upbeat and matter of fact about it all, laughing and joking over the phone (Shes now away at a wedding in NSW, we live in SW vic!!)

She will be back sunday, and im dropping around with DS monday. As we hung up she was like "Oh, ill fill u in on the funeral details monday! My dad and sister are planning it so i dont know whats happening" and sort of giggled. just really strange, but i guess everyone deals with grief in different ways!

Well ive semi decided that i will be not preventing as of tomorrow! It all depends on the results from todays blood test. If it comes back stable (monitoring dosage of medication for thyroid) I will no longer take the pill, get a few tracking cycles in, the consider actively TTC if no BFP in 2-3 months.

Im not telling DF straight away. He is MORE than happy for me to stop taking the pill, tells me every night i shouldnt, is always talking about #2, and even asked DS tonight while bathing him "Do you want a brother or sister? mummy needs to give you one doesnt she?" At the start of the year he said go off the pill whenever im ready, as he is ready and waiting. I just dont want to feel pressure from him for DTD to TTC and to produce a BFP... IYKWIM? (he would want to DTD multipul times a day if i agreed!) so i figure this way he can either get a nice suprise with a BFP that i Know he will be estatic with, or i will at least know where we stand and when i O to increase our chances when he does know.

If i have to adjust the medication, then i will continue to take the pill till things are stable. I should know for sure either way tomorrow morning!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a fantastic trip away Disney! We will miss your Disneyisms while you are off the boards, you know, the glowing uterus and singing to spermies! Have a wonderful time!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    If i have to adjust the medication, then i will continue to take the pill till things are stable. I should know for sure either way tomorrow morning!!
    That is so sad to hear about your friends Mum. You are right though everyone deals with things in there own way. She will lean on you when she needs too. And remember to take care of your self too.

Shadow, I hope your thyroid is behaving itself! I have to have a blood test for mine next week, and then ring the specalist for the results. Then in January (i think) next year i have an appiontment with him and hopefully I get the all cear to TTC. Do you know if it makes conception harder? I am going to ask him that. Then I have to get DH on board. Do you know your levels? My specalist always just says they are too low or too high. I am going to get numbers next visit. I am currnetly taking 100 of thyroxine on mondays wednesdays and fridays and 50 the other days. Can i ask what you take? Sorry if I am getting too personal. I told the mums at playgroup about my thyroid when the topic came up. A girl there had to have hers out as they found unexplained bits in there. they were worried about cancer and are waiting the results. way back when I found out I could develop thyroid problems i had an ultrasound and it found I had nodules on both halves. Now i'm getting myself worried while I'm typing this. another thing I will ask. But yeah, none of the other mums had problems with theirs. My Gran in law said once, 'Who thought such a tiny little part could cause all these problems!' My aunty in law also has thyroid issues. Such a pain. I know even with all these tests I am still going to worry during pregnancy.

But now we are off grocery shopping, have a great weekend everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It can cause quite a few issues if not monitored correctly trio. Firstly, conception is harder, I think its because it has something to do with ovulation, but don't write me on that part.
    It can cause spontaneous miscarriage as in the first trimester bub relies on your thyroid for the hormones. Most women may have to up their dosage of thyroxine.
    There is some research saying in the last trimester out can cause things like slight intellectual delays etc.

In saying that, in my ds birth group, one lady had hers removed for cancer, one has had problems since a teen and its now pregnant with #2, and another was diagnosed after me, she had #2 this week!

It can also affected milk supply severly if bf and not managed.

I was put on 150 mg a day 8 weeks ago. So im hoping we are good now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry about your besties mum shadowangel It's funny how tragedy makes you want to create life even more.

A belated bon voyage Disney, hope you have a fantastic holiday!! I'm already putting orders in for baby gap clothes when my DH goes to LA at the end of November

So I went to my GP this morning to get my blood screen done but she wouldn't do it!! She's suggested I get a mammogram and ultrasound first, then have the test done in Dec. So have to wait a bit longer. I guess I was jumping the gun, especially seeing as I've done it all before and know that my Hep B/C, MMR etc is all ok... I was just getting excited!

I was caught this week by my hubby with a bulk package of ovulation and pregnancy tests! He was a bit , I don't think he realises how clucky I actually am!

Off to the movies to see Argo tonight with friends, then dinner. Looking forward to some time away from the little person after a week on my own

Hope you're all having a good one