Closed Thread
Page 80 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    So how was everyones weekend??

I went to a Halloween party last night which was awesome but it didnt start till late and so we didnt finish until this morning and I've spent the day in bed promising i'll never drink again. I then had to start packing for America (We will be 10 hours into our flight this time next week!) which was not as much fun as I thought it was going to be. Tuesday I have a work function to attend, Wednesday I'm going out for dinner and Friday we are staying in the city so we are closer to the airport (we have to be at the airport at 7am) and so I've really gotta get my packing done tonight, well as much as I can!

What does everyone else have planned for the week? Any exciting plans?

Oh Disney, I hate those "I will never drink again" moments. fortunately they are few and far between for me
    How exciting to be packing for your holiday. Im jealous. we are just going down to the beach next weekend for the melb cup long weekend which I am excited about, but no where near as cool as disneyland
    I have a busy week too. I have a day off work tomorrow, where I have a massage booked, need to do food shopping, and need to pack the caravan for next weekend. then Mon night - water aerobics, Tue night - netball, Wed night - netball (again) Thu night - staff meeting Friday LONG WEEKEND

Thanks
    Reviews
    PLEASE HELP ME... with opk advice
    Wed - negative, could only see control line
    THu - negative, could only see control line
    Fri - did not test (some very mild low abdo cramping upon waking)
    Sat - definite positive (some light cramping in mornig in lower abdo, more light cramping in right side late at night)
    Sun - negative, very faint test line (woke with cramping on right side, felt a bit tight and heavy in lower abdo most of day with slight cramping)

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN????? DOES IT MEAN ANTHING????
    did I have a LH serge on Sat, and ovulated today (Sunday) or could I still be waiting to ovulate????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry MrsLA, I'm really not sure what all of it could mean
    Hopefully someone else might have an answer? Just try not to stress too much about it, have lots of fun, unprotected s3x and you'll soon know if you do/don't get your AF!!

Loved reading your DH/DP stories. My DH and I have been together 12 and a half years and married for almost 3 years . We met through friends at a Sydney Uni party called 'Beer 'n' Bangers' - as the name suggests, a very classy event including the 'Bin of Death', a garbage bin full of every spirit you can think of, wine and tinned fruit! Sounds ghastly but it wasn't too bad! Anyway, must have been more like a love potion! We discovered a shared love of music, mostly the Beastie Boys and silverchair, and the rest is history... He's also my best mate, is very funny and kind and handsome too!

As for this week, I've got halloween dress up day and party at the Kindy I teach at, a parade at the child care my DD goes to and then a disco at my Kindy on Friday night. DH is away testing utes for work for a few nights so I'll be on my lonesome. I love having whatever I want for dinner and ALL of the bed to myself, but I miss having another set of hands for getting DD fed and off to bed.

Had to giggle Disney when you said you'd spent the day promising never to drink again! I do that now when I've only had two drinks and gone to bed at 10:00, then have to get up to DD at 5:30 the next morning! I think not drinking for 9 months, then for a year after while breastfeeding, has made me a massive lightweight!!

So what will you all be madly consuming in the months before you concieve? I've upped my sushi and brie intake Was also remembering that things like buying a sandwhich can pretty much be ruled out. How anal (for want of a better word!) will you be when it comes to food/drink?

Just remembered something funny from being pregnant. I really wanted to watch masterchef, even though it made me feel so ill just watching all the food being prepared. It got to the point where I could walk into coles, see a cut out of Curtis Stone (who was on every second ad during masterchef) and I would start feeling queasy!! This continued even after I'd had DD, just the association was enough to make me feel sick - unbelieveable what being utd can do to you!

Good luck MrsLA, hope it becomes clear asap
    Have a good week ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JessyJ View Post
    Had to giggle Disney when you said you'd spent the day promising never to drink again! I do that now when I've only had two drinks and gone to bed at 10:00, then have to get up to DD at 5:30 the next morning! I think not drinking for 9 months, then for a year after while breastfeeding, has made me a massive lightweight!!
    LOL my DH jokes that if I have drink now I'll won't even make it through 1 before I'm on the floor. My last drink was August 2010 and it was a big one, my brothers 21st. Disney I too swore I would never drink again, and didn't because we were TTC and then I fell pregnant had DS and have been breastfeeding ever since!

MrsLA I sometimes think we need a little see through bit into our uteruses(?!) so we can actually see what is happening! Not that you could see a lillte eggie or anything, we just need to have confidence in our bodies. You have done everything you can. I would DTD a few more times every cupple of days for piece of mind. Thats all we really can control anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So what will you all be madly consuming in the months before you concieve? I've upped my sushi and brie intake Was also remembering that things like buying a sandwhich can pretty much be ruled out. How anal (for want of a better word!) will you be when it comes to food/drink?
    Wine, soft cheese, wine and soft cheese! lol
    I think I will be relatively careful when it comes to food. definitely no wine and will try to avoid possible listeria food. But in saying that I really don't know how I will feel, and I am not very strong willed, so will have to see what happens.

I will really miss playing netball,

MrsLA I sometimes think we need a little see through bit into our uteruses(?!) so we can actually see what is happening! Not that you could see a lillte eggie or anything, we just need to have confidence in our bodies. You have done everything you can. I would DTD a few more times every cupple of days for piece of mind. Thats all we really can control anyway!
    That window would be great, let me know if you find one haha
    I am pretty sure I o'd yesterday, we did not have a chance to bd yesterday though, so will definitely be wooing him tonight!

I still have not asked him if not using contraception was a silip of the mind, him not thinking I was o'ing, or if he has caved and is willing to make a baby

How was everyone's weekends?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the wooing tonight MrsLA!

My weekend was great, trivia night Sat night and I won everything haha coin toss at the bottle of booze - won it, raffle - won a prize & then a game everyone in the hall played and I was the last one standing so won $100 cash & a hamper. I think half the hall secretly hated my good luck that night HAHA!!

Went for a 2 hour beach walk with my bestie yesterday morning then had a lovely cafe lunch, went home and had a movie marathon with DH in the afternoon. Couldnt ask for a better weekend!

Disney sounds like you had a ripper weekend - hangovers suck though dont they! I bet you are excited about your holiday I am going to Disneyland during my Vegas trip and I cant wait! I must say you are hilarious, love the comment about singing to the spermies LOL

Jessy J, I had a glass of moscato last night becuase I thought stuff it, soon enough I wont be able to have it! I know I will be a health nut when I am preggers. I have already changed most of my diet to include all the nutrients & goodness I need when up the duff. The things I try to have everyday are fruit salad, vegetable soup with wholemeal pasta & 500ml calcium fortified millk and a serve of yoghurt, lots of wholegrains just the normal good stuff we need.

Day 2 of taking elevit, woohoo cant wait until February!!
    Last edited by Cantwaitforabubba; 29-10-2012 at 13:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsLA - were they cheap opk's ? It seems odd that it went from neg to pos back to neg ? The beach for Melbourne cup weekend will be awesome fun!!

Jessej - I am going nuts for salmon sashimi before I'm utd !! Soo much salmon sashimi !! Cocktails hmm salami and huge amounts of coffee!!

Trio - I would love a little window into my uterus!

Cantwaitforbubba - LOL you think I'm hilarious! I love a good motivational song and use them in all kinds of situations so it only seems appropriate to make one up for baby making too! I am so excited for my holiday although hurricane sandy is making me a little nervous, I'm keeping an eye on the qantas website about flight cancellations etc !! I'm going to be arriving 3 days after it hits! After nyc we head to new orleans and then to vegas and then disneyland on the way home. Have you been to disneyland and Vegas before? I'm extremely impressed by your baby diet as well good work!!!

AFM - I have recovered from my weekends antics, i figure these are my last chances (look out las vegas!!) so im enjoying them as much as possible.. a little too much maybe I have my doctors appointment booked in after I return from holidays for dh to get the chicken pox vacc, both of us to get the whooping cough vacc, a Pap smear, pre conceiving blood work and some genetic counselling for the disorders that dh has. After that it will be full steam ahead! So freaking excited ! 64 days till 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsLA - were they cheap opk's ? It seems odd that it went from neg to pos back to neg ? The beach for Melbourne cup weekend will be awesome fun!!
    yeah, they are just cheapies of ebay, but from what I can gather this is pretty normal (to go from neg to pos in a day).
    For opk to be positive the test line needs to be darker than the control line. it can be negative but still have a line there. (unlike a pregnancy test) if the test line is faint it usually means that you are on your way up or down from your LH surge. it is only positive during your LH surge which is usually 24 - 48 hours before ovulation.
    once your ovulate, the test will go back to being negative

Does this make sense???
    Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong!

My weekend was great, trivia night Sat night and I won everything haha coin toss at the bottle of booze - won it, raffle - won a prize & then a game everyone in the hall played and I was the last one standing so won $100 cash & a hamper. I think half the hall secretly hated my good luck that night HAHA!!
    Well done cantwait. that is really cool. I love trivia nights, but don't usually win anything. when we go to CFA functions, there is ALWAYS a raffle or 10 and I but so many tickets every single time (even when the prizes are terrible) and NEVER win

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    yeah, they are just cheapies of ebay, but from what I can gather this is pretty normal (to go from neg to pos in a day).
    For opk to be positive the test line needs to be darker than the control line. it can be negative but still have a line there. (unlike a pregnancy test) if the test line is faint it usually means that you are on your way up or down from your LH surge. it is only positive during your LH surge which is usually 24 - 48 hours before ovulation.
    once your ovulate, the test will go back to being negative

Does this make sense???
    Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong!
    That does make sense... I suppose time will tell fingers crossed for a bfp or for af to show up and then sort itself out in a nice neat 28 day cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post

Jessy J, I had a glass of moscato last night becuase I thought stuff it, soon enough I wont be able to have it! I know I will be a health nut when I am preggers. I have already changed most of my diet to include all the nutrients & goodness I need when up the duff. The things I try to have everyday are fruit salad, vegetable soup with wholemeal pasta & 500ml calcium fortified millk and a serve of yoghurt, lots of wholegrains just the normal good stuff we need.
    Thanks Cantwait, I might just borrow your eating ideas! I remember all I wanted was an icy cold beer towards the end of my first pregnancy (it was a stupidly hot summer), so I'll get a few of those in before ttc

I really had no idea when it came to using an OPK last time, got a negative, then a positive and then just had lots of fun in the bedroom and then got a bfp! I might have to purchase a kit or two and do some experimentation. Pretty sure I've just ovulated over the last couple of days though, so will have to wait til next time.

I'm booked in for a blood test on Saturday (getting a bit excited a bit early, but you never know!). All good last time, had a pap smear at the start of the year, but I do need a proper breast check now that I've stopped bfing. My mum had breast cancer a couple of years ago so I like to have a proper examination all good. I think I'll start taking Elevit late November. Also, just read that it's important to be eating healthy/excercising for at least 120 days before conception for optimum fertility and health of bub...it's kind of inspiring and kind of feels a bit too much like hard work with holidays and Christmas coming up...oh well, better give it a go!

The other thing I want to do before I get utd is donate blood. I've been meaning to do it for years and promised I would once I'd stopped breastfeeding. Being pregnant helped me overcome any fear of needles and I was so close to needing a transfusion after birth (and in hindsight, probably could have done with it) that it made me realise just how important donating blood is. And I've got rockstar blood - O-Neg

Have a good day ladies