Closed Thread
Page 73 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cantforabubba - Ive updated the roll call for you. Yay for moving your TTC date forward.

I didnt take into account if the baby comes earlier with my PHI! Its moved my date back NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! What are the chances of bub coming 4 weeks early?? Oh what should i do? I'm going to have to wait hey ? Is it necessary? So I changed my PHI over on the 18th of October which means the baby cant be born until the 18th of October 2013, but then add on 4 weeks it makes it the 16th of November!!!! And rough calculations means i have to wait for my period in Feb but depending on when that is I could miss my window all together as most of you are aware of my adversions to babies being born in december! AHHH

Actually id love opinions/help on this...what are my actualy chances of this working?

The last time I take my bc pill will be 20 November and for some reason with me (im not sure if this is normal or not) it takes like 3 or so days for the bleeding to start. So say my period starts on November 23 is that a real period, do i start counting from then or the last day i stopped my bc pill OR do i wait until my period in December and then start counting? Eek I'm so confused!

So ive just done some calculations and assuming I do start counting from November 23 (please tell me if im wrong about this?) and i have a spot on perfect 28 days cycle (i have NO idea what my cycles are like as the last time i had a real one was when i was 17) My cycle day 1 will be Feb 8th which means conception needs to happen on Feb 22nd and the baby if perfectly on time will be born 1 day after the PHI 12 month waiting period plus 4 weeks for safety. Does this seem a little too perfect ?? hmm... If it doesnt happen like that then we go back to using protection until May. Ha could I put anymore pressure on the situation? LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting for you cantwaitforbubba. It's always nice when things move forward rather than backwards. I think we are all becoming eager beavers to just start trying to ttc.

I myself have bought the what to expect before your expecting book. Have had a quick flick through it. I bought a book a while ago from big w and read that within 3 days I couldn't put it down. Dp even read it (making me a tad more clucky that he showed Interest too). It's called conception to pregnancy or something along those lines. It's a baby centre book so very informative. I recently bought the second book about raising a baby.

Disney, I counted mine from the time my af arrived as that is when your meant to. So my first real af was 34 days from the first day I bled to the next time I bled. And as my doctor said don't put too much pressure on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    Disney, I counted mine from the time my af arrived as that is when your meant to. So my first real af was 34 days from the first day I bled to the next time I bled. And as my doctor said don't put too much pressure on it.
    so the first bleed from coming off bc pills you count from then?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney I am adding the 4 weeks on because the private hospital I am going to accepts deliveries of babies over 36 weeks. If I didnt wait that extra 4 weeks I run the risk of bubs coming even a week early and I wouldnt be covered and would have to go public. If I have a prem then I will be going public anyway due to the fact that the private doesnt take babies younger than 36 weeks. I think I have most scenarios covered if I wait 4 more weeks. I would be spewing if I wasnt eligible to use my PHI by a few days or even 2 weeks!!

Soooooo if you dont want to wait you would just have to be open to the idea of going public?

Its all a guessing game and very rough calculating when the first day of your period may be for the month you start trying especially this far out. I just did a rough estimate and used an online pregnancy calculator using what I estimate to be the first day of my period for the month in question, it then tells you what the due date would be at full term (40 weeks). I then added 4 weeks on to see if it was before or after my PHI waiting term. Its all rough and will vary depending on what my cycle does but it gives me a rough starting month at least

Day one is always the first day you see red blood so if this happened today for example (23rd) you would consider today as day 1 and your next period would be on the 19th November (your new day 1 for the next month) if you have a 28 day cycle.

LilNightmare - the baby centre book is the one I was referring to in a previous post but I couldnt recall the name. Its a great book, very imformative and not like a boring text book! I am impressed your partner read it, no way in hell I could get my DH to read a book hehe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cantwaitforabubba For This Useful Post:

Disney  (23-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    Disney I am adding the 4 weeks on because the private hospital I am going to accepts deliveries of babies over 36 weeks. If I didnt wait that extra 4 weeks I run the risk of bubs coming even a week early and I wouldnt be covered and would have to go public. If I have a prem then I will be going public anyway due to the fact that the private doesnt take babies younger than 36 weeks. I think I have most scenarios covered if I wait 4 more weeks. I would be spewing if I wasnt eligible to use my PHI by a few days or even 2 weeks!!

Soooooo if you dont want to wait you would just have to be open to the idea of going public?

Its all a guessing game and very rough calculating when the first day of your period may be for the month you start trying especially this far out. I just did a rough estimate and used an online pregnancy calculator using what I estimate to be the first day of my period for the month in question, it then tells you what the due date would be at full term (40 weeks). I then added 4 weeks on to see if it was before or after my PHI waiting term. Its all rough and will vary depending on what my cycle does but it gives me a rough starting month at least

Day one is always the first day you see red blood so if this happened today for example (23rd) you would consider today as day 1 and your next period would be on the 19th November (your new day 1 for the next month) if you have a 28 day cycle.

LilNightmare - the baby centre book is the one I was referring to in a previous post but I couldnt recall the name. Its a great book, very imformative and not like a boring text book! I am impressed your partner read it, no way in hell I could get my DH to read a book hehe
    Thanks for your help! public is not an option my local public hospital is not awesome! I didn't know day 1 was the red blood! That comes like a day or so in...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep its about 3 days in for me too which caused me a lot of confusion for a while but at least now I can get a general idea of my cycle length. I think we are in for a world of confusion TTC if the other boards provide any indication! Trying to figure out when ovulation is occuring so you can DTD on the right days, then the TWW & imagining all the pregnancy symptoms known to man kind while we are waiting to test haha its going to do my head in!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah day 1 is considered the first day you bleed.so my first period off the pill counted as day 1 then 34 days later when real af came that was considered day 1 again.

Cantwaitforabubba, I really liked the baby centre book and so did Dp. Was very cute watching him read it and say things like I'm going to do this to you to help you relax , I can't wait til (insert our babies names) are here so I can do this with them. He is just excited as me at times. He's even told his close mate that they wil be uncles soon lol I'm glad I don't have to convince him. Feel sorry for you ladies if ur men are anything like mine can be. Stubborn for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh this is all a little nerve wrecking! Eek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are so lucky you have a guy who shows such enthusiasm and excitement, I would melt if my husband did those things! My man is a real bloke, he may start paying attention when I go into labour haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW, phi calculations are confusing, good luck all with making dates fall into place

I thought cd1 was the first day of full bleeding? so if af arrived at 4pm on Monday, cd1 would begin on tue?
    but if af arrived on mon morning, then that is cd1?????

My DH is quite enthused, and agrees (to a certain extent)that now is a good time to ttc, and we are ready. BUT he suffers pretty bad with anxiety and depression, and is going through a rough patch atm .
    He is scared that if we ttc right now, that if i get utd straight away then his anxiety will grow, and he will not be 100% in the best head space to support me.
    If we wait a month or 2 till ttc until he is feeling better and more in control of his mental health (as much as it can be) then if we are lucky enough to fall pregnant fast, he will be feeling good, and be able to be the best daddy he can be.

As much as this is frustrating, and I believe that no matter what stage his mental health is at he will support me 100% (he has supported me in millions of massive ways at some of his worst moments) I can understand his reasoning.
    BUT ITS SO FRUSTRATING