Closed Thread
Page 72 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    You want twins, wow! That would be great but very scary at the same time, double trouble haha

I will settle for one, would love a pink one but would happy as long as the bubba is healthy. Thats the most important thing!
    I also get into the pregnancy mags Practical Parenting & Mother and Baby. I am a shocker for reading anything preggo related!! I also read novels that are based around babies and parenting hehe

I think disney and I are up for twins, but you are right a healthy bubba is the most important thing.

What are the parenting mags like? Are they biased? I think I have fallen into the AP style of parenting, do they support AP? Also whats a good novel based around pregnancy babies and birth? I'd like to give one a try. Thanks heaps!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trio For This Useful Post:

Disney  (23-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the mags are informative and in my opion they are not biased. They have articles on baby carrying etc and provide info on the best carriers to use, co sleeping and safe ways to do it. There are always articles exploring both sides of any situation ie breast vs bottle, cloth vs disposable, working mums vs stay at home etc the pros and cons of both options. I like reading the birth stories and problems people face and how they deal with it, gives you a real sense of what it will be like caring for a baby in reality, not fantasy land where we all have perfect babies hehe

The last baby related book I read was The Mothers Group, it was sad in the end but overall it was a good read. Mama Mia was also pretty good, I read that ages ago so cant remember if it was that great but I read it all so it couldnt have been too bad. I will have a look at my book collection tonight to jog my memory on some more titles you could look for

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cantwaitforabubba For This Useful Post:

Trio  (23-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A facebook friend just announced they are expecting their first baby she is my age and has been married for a year, I am so jealous haha they put up an ultrasound pic and I just wish it was me! Ahh well everything comes to those who wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    A facebook friend just announced they are expecting their first baby she is my age and has been married for a year, I am so jealous haha they put up an ultrasound pic and I just wish it was me! Ahh well everything comes to those who wait
    Oh it will be you soon enough!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Thinking about books - the very first booked I picked up when I was pregnant with my DD was The Australian Pregnant Book. I thought 'great, should be a bit more relevant'...how wrong I was!! It's written by a Ob/Gyn, is incredibly technical and goes through every way things can go wrong, with pictures, during pregnancy The only thing I got from it was diet guidelines and after birth I've been able to read up on what actually happened and why...had a forceps delivery amongst other things...ah!
    I think this time round it will help me to be a little more informed - though I was only saying to my hubby last night that I wish in a way that it was my first time round and I could be somewhat nieve about it all again! I think I will have greater expectations for how I want labour and birth to go this time round, which probably isn't a bad thing.
    I loved Up the Duff, would read on weeks in advance - it made light of an otherwise slightly scary experience!!! I also read a book called The Bad Mothers Handbook only a month ago - it sounds like a guidebook but it's actually fiction, about a teenager who gets pregnant, her young mum and her do-lally nan. I really enjoyed it Have you all been watching One born every minute? I'm slightly obsessed with it! I remember that I couldn't watch it when I was actually utd though!
    Chose fruit today over a freddo, will do some gardening and have a walk this arvo. Have a good one

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the mags are informative and in my opion they are not biased.
    I like reading the birth stories and problems people face and how they deal with it, gives you a real sense of what it will be like caring for a baby in reality, not fantasy land where we all have perfect babies hehe

The last baby related book I read was The Mothers Group, it was sad in the end but overall it was a good read. Mama Mia was also pretty good, I read that ages ago so cant remember if it was that great but I read it all so it couldnt have been too bad. I will have a look at my book collection tonight to jog my memory on some more titles you could look for
    Thanks heaps! I think I am going to look for 'mothers group' I don't mind a sad story.

I'm very glad the magazines give every side to the story, I think parents need every trick possible up there sleeves. It's then just finding what works for your family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JessyJ View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    Thinking about books - the very first booked I picked up when I was pregnant with my DD was The Australian Pregnant Book. I thought 'great, should be a bit more relevant'...how wrong I was!! It's written by a Ob/Gyn, is incredibly technical and goes through every way things can go wrong, with pictures, during pregnancy The only thing I got from it was diet guidelines and after birth I've been able to read up on what actually happened and why...had a forceps delivery amongst other things...ah!
    I think this time round it will help me to be a little more informed - though I was only saying to my hubby last night that I wish in a way that it was my first time round and I could be somewhat nieve about it all again! I think I will have greater expectations for how I want labour and birth to go this time round, which probably isn't a bad thing.
    I loved Up the Duff, would read on weeks in advance - it made light of an otherwise slightly scary experience!!! I also read a book called The Bad Mothers Handbook only a month ago - it sounds like a guidebook but it's actually fiction, about a teenager who gets pregnant, her young mum and her do-lally nan. I really enjoyed it Have you all been watching One born every minute? I'm slightly obsessed with it! I remember that I couldn't watch it when I was actually utd though!
    Chose fruit today over a freddo, will do some gardening and have a walk this arvo. Have a good one
    The bad mothers handbook sounds good too, I will add it to the list!

One born every minute started just after DS was born, it was awesome watching the women in labour, it wasn't me! The new season is on abit late for me. I have been watching Teen mom though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Ooohhhh I love a good read! I'll have to find mothers group and the bad mothers handbook

I'm currently reading up the duff, and brought what to expect before you're expecting last week off eBay ( just waiting for it to arrive)
    I like UTD and am sure over the next few years I'll read it a few more times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you for choosing fruit over a freddo, it can be so hard! I also love the funny books, the text book type ones make me want to fall asleep. The Bad Mothers Handbook sounds like a good one so I might buy that and read it next, thanks for the tip JessyJ!

I have watched one born every minute a few times but its one of those things DH doesnt want to watch so it makes it hard. I will have to watch it on catch up TV when I can have some ME time to do whatever I want

I have some exciting news, I just worked out the sums and taking into consideration the 12 month waiting period with PHI it turns out I can give birth after the 9th October 2013 (allowing an additonal 4 weeks just in case bubs comes early). Soooooo we are going to start trying after my period in late January which means we will be actively trying in February instead of April woohoo

Disney can you please update the roll call for 2013 with February instead of April for me, thanks!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cantwaitforabubba For This Useful Post:

Disney  (23-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is everyone doing in preparation? Do you girls think it is important to have a BMI of 25 or do you think its a load of crap, if you are healthy it doesnt matter? I am 6kg over having a BMI of 25 and wonder if there are any benefits to losing the extra weight over the next 6 months?

Possible goals before TTC:
    1. Lose the extra 6kg or maybe even 9.
    2. 3 months before - Start taking supplements ie folate & iodine. I am already taking calcium with vitamin D and chewable vitamin c.
    3. Try to drink 2L of water a day. I suck at this!! Today I didnt drink anything until 3pm but once I realised I drank two 750ml bottles.
    4. Exercise, I suck at this too. Love exercising with friends but I am very inconsistant when I am left to my own devices!
    5. Take more notice of my cycle and start using OPK's for the 3 months before TTC so I have an idea of when we should aim to DTD hehe

I think thats enough to work on for the next few months!
    I think your goals are great. Personally I think its kinda important to have a good BMI. If you think about it if your 6 kgs over from having a BMI of 25, and you put on the normal 10-12 ish kgs then that 16 - 18kgs over the BMI of 25 putting you (probably) in the very overweight category which could imact on your pregnancy, Gestational diabeties, additional pressure on your joints and body etc. It couldnt hurt top loose the 6 and start in the healthy BMI range and then only increase by the 10-12 kgs instead of the bigger amount. But again thats just my opinion. It would also be easier to loose the 6 kgs now than the 16-18kgs once bubs has arrived.

Personally I want to lose 5 kgs before TTC I've lost 2kgs so 3 to go which i'll work on once i'm back from America at the end of November.