Closed Thread
Page 70 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So a quick questions for everyone whilst I'm on the bus on the way home daydreaming about when I get my bfp... Who will be the first person you tell (not including the soon the be daddy) and at what stage will you tell them?

For me it will be after I get the positive results from the doctor and it will be my immidiate family. Ill call my mum ad suggest a family dinner at her place and then tell them all over dinner!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think I could keep a secret from my mum for long so I would tell her ASAP. I would only tell people I would seek support from if something went wrong. Therefore I would tell mum and dad as soon as I found out.

I would also tell my two best friends (after I have told mum and dad), they would find out sooner anyway just because I wouldnt indulge in my usual glass of Moscato - they would be onto me in a flash!

I wouldn't tell anyone else until after the 12 week scan other than fellow bub hubbers of course

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are planning to tell my parents and his parents oh and my sister... leaving it at that until after 12 weeks. I just don't want to be telling all these ppl and god forbid something happens and I lose the baby. I'd rather only lean on them until the safe period begins

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anyone else not planning on telling their dh/dp/df's parents straight away? I feel it's kinda different cuz you need your mum if anything was to go wrong but I would be really uncomfortable to discuss anything like that with his parents. And them having them know we would start trying again... I dunno it makes me feel icky...
    Am I the only one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney I feel exactly the same way. I dont have a close relationship with my father and mother in law so they will be told when everyone else is told after 12 weeks. If my husband and I were closer to them it would be a different story though so I can understand why a lot of people would tell both sets of parents.

Personally we are much closer to my parents and I would turn to them no questions asked if anything went wrong and we lost the baby at any stage. No way I would go to my husbands parents so no point telling them early?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    Disney I feel exactly the same way. I dont have a close relationship with my father and mother in law so they will be told when everyone else is told after 12 weeks. If my husband and I were closer to them it would be a different story though so I can understand why a lot of people would tell both sets of parents.

Personally we are much closer to my parents and I would turn to them no questions asked if anything went wrong and we lost the baby at any stage. No way I would go to my husbands parents so no point telling them early?

Im so glad that I'm not the only one who feels like this! We will be telling them at 12 weeks, same with his siblings....

I'm just so excited to ttc!! It's all consuming at the moment. Now I'm taking folate and reading what to expect before your expecting every night it's really really all consuming. I just can't wait... I'm kind of excited to see what af does for me! I've never had a 'real' one ... Well not since I was 17! I'm coming off it at the end of November... I kinda not want to take it in November when I'll be travelling around America and I don't want surprise af or period pains etc so when we get back that'll be it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    See for me I think if anything was to happen I would be leaning on my mil. She has 5 children Dp being the eldest. In between all her children's pregnancys she mc so she should really have 9 children if all survived. So I think knowing she has been through it and had babies after would be reassuring for me. However just have hope everything will go fine.

Disney I'm. With you on the consuming issue. I'm doing that too. I'm now stalking baby store websites like no tomorrow lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilnightmare it definitely comes down to the quality of the relationship you have with the people you are telling, I think its great you have that closeness with your MIL - some of us can only dream of that and put up with the reality haha luckily I am very close to mum.

Disney I am so excited too, I have been waiting so long for this and now I am busting out of my skin to get started. I see babies everywhere and I fantasise about what its going to be like to look into the eyes of my own little prince or princess and just the thought of it makes my heart melt! I cant wait for a first smile and just the hilarious things kids do, the innocence will be amazing to witness first hand. I havent had much to do with kids so its all new and amazing (especially when its my own baby)!

As for the pill, I have been off it for over a year but havent really taken much notice of my cycle. It didnt take me long to get back into a normal (I think) cycle. this month I counted a 26 day cyle. I will keep an eye on it for the next few months and about 3 months before I will start using OPK's to see when I ovulate.

What is everyone doing in preparation? Do you girls think it is important to have a BMI of 25 or do you think its a load of crap, if you are healthy it doesnt matter? I am 6kg over having a BMI of 25 and wonder if there are any benefits to losing the extra weight over the next 6 months?

Possible goals before TTC:
    1. Lose the extra 6kg or maybe even 9.
    2. 3 months before - Start taking supplements ie folate & iodine. I am already taking calcium with vitamin D and chewable vitamin c.
    3. Try to drink 2L of water a day. I suck at this!! Today I didnt drink anything until 3pm but once I realised I drank two 750ml bottles.
    4. Exercise, I suck at this too. Love exercising with friends but I am very inconsistant when I am left to my own devices!
    5. Take more notice of my cycle and start using OPK's for the 3 months before TTC so I have an idea of when we should aim to DTD hehe

I think thats enough to work on for the next few months!
    Last edited by Cantwaitforabubba; 22-10-2012 at 20:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think my dad will be the first to be told, then my in laws, my siblings, BIL and then my Mum. obviously not very close with my mum, I would only be telling her because I feel like I have to.
    I think I would probably tell a few close friends too in the early days. I think that if anything did go wrong, I would like all the support I could get (without people feeling sorry for me everywhere I go) also they would guess pretty much the first weekend we saw them because I would not be drinking or eating cheese and bic's until my heart is content lol

But I agree that it totally depends on your different relationships with family members.

I am so excited and impatient to ttc, all I am waiting for is DH to agree that this is the right time!

My only goal to ttc is to convince DH haha
    I should also cut down on my weekend wine intake! but i also figure that there is plenty of time to do that when we are actually ttc.
    I am pretty good with water but could do with a little more each day and I am very active and exercise at least 3-4 days a week, so I am happy with that for the moment.
    I think it is important to have a good bmi, but it is definitely not the be all and end all, and there is A LOT worse things than being a tad overweight. I would not stress about it, but would set goals and ideals to aim for without causing too much stress and anxiety over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    The Class of 2013!!

(only 9 weeks or 71 days to go)
    I love your countdowns Disney! Doesn't sound long at all when you put it that way! YAY! So excited!