Closed Thread
Page 68 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashee View Post
    Is anyone else suddenly finding waiting incredibly hard? I know there's really not much longer to wait but just the last week I've been feeling really desperate and impatient! Hopefully I'm just hormonal and this won't be what the rest of the wait is like! How are you all handling the wait? Any good distraction suggestions?
    Yeah I'm with you it's getting harder and harder and I think it will get worse before it gets better to be honest. I have the holiday in 2 weeks which is helping a little but dh is really starting to all alot about when we have kids and so he isn't helping. I know I cant do anything at until early feb because of my phi and so that is keeping me focused, I'm superpowers off that I hadn't upgraded it earlier but at least I remembered when I did.

My only suggestion for distraction would be to focus on Christmas (66 days to go)! And New Years!

Whats everyone doing to celebrate their last New Years as a non-mummy and if you have kids what's New Years eve like with kids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    New Years - not much happening here. Think hubby will be working new years day, and he'll need to leave at 4am. Figure usually we just grab some takeout and watch some movies or something, can't remember the last time we made it til midnight lmao.

I'm on prac atm so busy as, don't really have time for baby stuff. We've worked out a budget of what we want to buy etc, and I've been looking at things to make to save us some money. Want to do it as cheap as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    I've had my period since August... and I thought it was letting up, but doesn't seem to be the case. The longest I've ever had it was about 6-9 months. It'll really put a dampener on TTC...
    You've had your period for 2 months? I thought mine were long when they last seven days. You poor chook.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    My only suggestion for distraction would be to focus on Christmas (66 days to go)! And New Years!

Whats everyone doing to celebrate their last New Years as a non-mummy and if you have kids what's New Years eve like with kids?
    I've definantly still got two new years as a mum of one! we have never really celebrated new years night, but new years day is a bbq with the family with the cousins all swimming in the blow up pool. This year will be different as DS will be old enough to go in! So not much has changed for us. Its just less relaxing as you are looking after the kids!

I can't wait for chrissy, I've just started making a few decorations. It will be at our place this year so we are going to start grabbing specials now and spreading the cost out abit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For us, DS was only 9mnths at christmas/new year so it was pretty much the same. I NEVER drink, so that didnt affect me. Our town has a pretty big street party thing on the beachfront with a carnival, rides, fireworks, live bands etc...normally (pre-bub) we'd go down after a BBQ dinner - any friends are welcome to have dinner with us, go on some rides, chat with friends and watch the fire works and come home. Last year we watched the kiddie fireworks with DS at 10, and came home, put him to bed and just chilled together, then went to bed ourselves.
    This year im not sure, we may be at my brothers, we may be home, DF may be working so id just be DS and I.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    You've had your period for 2 months? I thought mine were long when they last seven days. You poor chook.
    Yup been 2 months. Driving me nutty.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    Yup been 2 months. Driving me nutty.
    Wow, definitely time for me to stop my winging about not having mine at all for 2 months.
    Hope you get some respite really soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. It's getting hard for me tashee. Knowing I'm only a few weeks away from actually starting. As for your dh Disney, my Dp is the same keeps saying when we have (insert baby name) we can do this, I wanna take them here and is even looking in the bubs aisle at the shops now too.

As for new year we usually have a BBQ with friends .im not really a big drinker anyways, I'm lucky to have 5 drinks a year lol. But I won't be drinking this new years anyways coz we would start ttc before hand lol. Dp is like we just won't have a BBQ this year we will bring in the new year with a BANG Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Disney,

Welcome Jesse j
    I can add you to our class on 2013 list if you want!
    state: NSW
    month you are planning on ttc: Jan/Feb
    pregnancy number: 2

I'm always shocked when I come on here now and then and see how many posts have been and gone since I last looked! I'll have to get on a bit more!

I've just bought a pack of Elevit and it's sitting on my bathroom shelf so I can see it everyday and use it to inspire me NOT to eat too much choc and to get some exercise in! Good luck to you too Trio

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JessyJ View Post
    Thanks Disney,

Welcome Jesse j
    I can add you to our class on 2013 list if you want!
    state: NSW
    month you are planning on ttc: Jan/Feb
    pregnancy number: 2

I'm always shocked when I come on here now and then and see how many posts have been and gone since I last looked! I'll have to get on a bit more!

I've just bought a pack of Elevit and it's sitting on my bathroom shelf so I can see it everyday and use it to inspire me NOT to eat too much choc and to get some exercise in! Good luck to you too Trio
    I've added you to our roll call for next year!

It is amazing how much happens in this little thread I love it! I wish I had of lost more weight then I have now. I wanted to loose 4 kg before I went on holidays (2 weeks to go) and then re loose the 4 kg when I got back from holidays but I injured my back so I can't exercise so now I'm worried that I'm going to be 4 kgs fatter when I come back from holidays and then over Christmas I'm going to have to try and drop 8kgs before we start to ttc in feb ! Obviously I could diet whilst on holidays but that would suck!!! So I'm not sure what to do. I can loose weight whilst ttc can't I?