Closed Thread
Page 65 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    For the first few months, i cried everytime he had to have formula, which was at every single feed But i was seeing an awesome LC, who helped me realise what an amazing effort it was, and that "Breast is best......IF both mum n bub are happy and able" otherwise FF is ok.
    Oh that makes me sad you felt so much pressure. I think way too much pressure is put on women to breast feed! These unrealistic expectations are placed on mums and then everyone judges when you don't meet what everyone else wants! Grr makes me mad. I see it a lot from mums who talk about other mums about EVERYTHING, what they dress their kids in ( too nice, too expensive, not nice, not expensive) what they feed them, how they feed them, sleeping, not sleeping, oh it drives me mad especially as a non parent. I think to myself what the hell are they going to say about me - then laugh coz I really don't care! Actually I have overheard what they say about me, 2 weekends ago I overheard a group of friends of friends saying I was selfish to be waiting so long to have kids (ah I'm 29 - they started when they turned 25 and most are on their second baby) and putting life on hold by travelling is silly and they won't be surprised if I need 'assistance'. Like come on!

I follow the thought of if the child is fed, clothed and cuddled who cares about the details! No one is better than anyone else EVER!

Wow that turned quite ranty ! Sorry guys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney i love that show too Its awesome.

Trio, i know what u mean! Will your DS accept Daddy if daddy tends to him now? Mine so wont! lol. He will NOT re-settle during the night unless i take him. It really upsets DF, as he can persevere for AGES with him screaming to the point he holds his breath, i walk in, take him, he flops onto my shoulder and is asleep within seconds! Mummys touch?? I Do worry about the hospital stay and all too! DS has never spent a night away from me...ever...then add the above...lol. I had an emergency c-sect with him, so not sure where i stand with VBAC. And id LOVE to BF, but suffered with VERY low supply with DS... Long story short, by 6 days old he'd lost 17% of birth weight, we got re-admitted to hospital and i got set up on a 3hrly routine round the clock.... BF ds, Top him up with EBM, then formula, then pump... If he didnt wake overnight i had to wake him. I doubt i could handle that again! I tried everything from motillium, fenugreek, pumping, drinking water, eating healthy, extra feeds when i could, skin to skin, etc etc etc... It just never ever established. I never got any "milk boobs" never felt my milk come in, never felt let downs etc etc. After all that work, at 6mnths i was still only pumping between 90-110mls...TOTAL over 24hrs! Enough for 1 bottle of EBM a day Had to stop at 6mnths because we discovered some health issues that required medication unsuitable for BF.

Anyway, point of all that, i dont think i could handle a reigeme like that with a newborn, as well as DS... But ill give it a really good go BF is so important to me, i was shattered and so emotional that i couldnt exclusively BF him. For the first few months, i cried everytime he had to have formula, which was at every single feed But i was seeing an awesome LC, who helped me realise what an amazing effort it was, and that "Breast is best......IF both mum n bub are happy and able" otherwise FF is ok.
    You poor little chook, I really like your last sentence though, It sounds like you did absoultly everthing possible to establish breastfeeding. You are amazing! I'm not sure I could have done it. Breastfeeding was hard for us to get started too. DS had jaundice and he would fall asleep after about to sucks on the boob, he needed more fluids to flush the jaundice out and my milk was slow comming in. So we gave him formula. I only let him have it through a little tube next to my nipple so he was still at the breast and stimulating milk but was actually getting fluids too. Like they do for some premies. Some midwives thought I was barmy for wanting to do it that way but I was so worried it would impact on breastfeeding. I was like you I really really wanted to breastfeed. I was lucky my milk came in and I was dolly pardon for ages, I can still feel let downs even today. I could never express though. Hopefully it will be miles easier for you with the new bub!

Shadow, DS will not go to dad after his bath at night, he winges and squirms till I take him back. Same first thing in the morning, Dad will hop in our bed with us but if he goes to pick DS up he will go snuggling back to me. I love that he is comforted best by me but gees dad does an awesome job too! I have to put him to sleep for every sleep for the past probably 6 months. A break would be fantastic. DS has never spent the night away from me too. S who knows what we are going to do! If you have your bub before me you will have to give me all your tips!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oh ill just clarify, my gp told me to just ff, the mws set me up with that tube and formula too trio...I argued with them for 2 days in tears over it before giving in, wanted to give my milk just a bit longer. But it was only on day 6 and he was just too lethargic from not enough food to suck. I feel for you having trouble as well.

Our ds' sound so alike! Will let you know how we go. I'm thinking of having my mum watch him, he responds better to her for crutial routines than he does for df.

My only concern is that there is a 99% chance I won't be birthing in town here....I would love a vbac. They only have mws, and generally if you want an epi, you get sent to another hospital 1 hr away. It sucks, the maternity ward is awesome, all single rooms and all the mws are amazing. I can transfer back for post natal care though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh ill just clarify, my gp told me to just ff, the mws set me up with that tube and formula too trio...I argued with them for 2 days in tears over it before giving in, wanted to give my milk just a bit longer. But it was only on day 6 and he was just too lethargic from not enough food to suck. I feel for you having trouble as well.

Our ds' sound so alike! Will let you know how we go. I'm thinking of having my mum watch him, he responds better to her for crutial routines than he does for df.

My only concern is that there is a 99% chance I won't be birthing in town here....I would love a vbac. They only have mws, and generally if you want an epi, you get sent to another hospital 1 hr away. It sucks, the maternity ward is awesome, all single rooms and all the mws are amazing. I can transfer back for post natal care though.
    I'd be transfering back! I could not imagine having other women and babies in the same room. Our Hospital is single rooms too. I hope you get a vbac, how was your recovery from your emergency cesear? I know about 2 hours after ds vaginal birth I felt my regular self, episotomy and all. Just abit more bleeding. A ceaser scares the bejesus out of me, though I can remember asking for one while in labour with DS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in to say farewell for a little while.
    DF and I are really unsure when to start TTC now that our house is underway. We have started thinking that we might like to get the house and garden looking nice first before we commit financially to a bub. You never know, I might change my mind again. But for now I need to focus on other things in life. And I want to be really sure when I start TTC that I am confident with my choice. So I may not start next year after all. I'm still young. So an extra year won't hurt.

Best of luck to you all next year. I hope your BFP come quickly!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkaboo For This Useful Post:

Disney  (15-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nomie, good luck with your journey. I hope whatever you guys decide works out well for you all

Trio, That WAS my plan with DS! However, against my better judgement i listened to DF about which hospital to birth at (Had a choice of 3, all an hour away) I wanted the one our hospital transfers any patients too, but DF insisted i go to the one over the border into SA because he could stay with people in town, but we found out i could transfer home...so our plan was to do exactally that, but when i rocked up in labour, on labour day...they were like "umm...you're too high risk c-sect for here...we're flying u to adelaide" (6HOURS from home!!) Im overweight and had high (pregnancy induced) blood pressure.

i was PETRIFIED of an Epi, and even more so of a c-sect! But i ended up having an epi when they offered it... Id been up since 8am Sunday, Waters broke at 1am Monday, We flew out around 11am Monday, Were settled into hospital by 4pm, and i was STILL not dialating or having regular contractions, but also hadnt slept... At around 7pm i started getting contractions, and by 10pm i was finally 3cm, and getting an Epi as i was falling asleep between 1-2min contractions on the gas. DS was born Tuesday morning around 9am.

Recovery was fine! Although apparently i had extra blood loss (borderline transfusion, but escaped it luckily!) So i had to stay in bed till lunch Wednesday before they would let me out.. I took whatever drugs they offered until the Thursday...Then cut back to just panadol...I took 1 endone before we left on our 6hr car trip home just incase the bouncing around in the car was painful... And nothing else after.

I know its naughty, but when we got home around day 12, i was doing light cleaning, carrying DS in the capsule, lifting the pram, and by 3 weeks i was driving and doing everything i normally would do. I was just slow, and cautious. The worst part was going to the toilet for the first time (Especially bowel!) I was too afraid to push thinking id burst the stitches.

Everything healed fine, no infections etc.... Considering the whole experience, i wouldnt really change anything, except maybe have forced myself to sleep earlier so i had energy later to stand up and walk around...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Starting to think about TTC #2 early next year and getting on here and reading all your posts is making me just a little excited again! I wasn't sure/am not sure if I'll feel the same amount of excitement about being pregnant the second time round, but even now my heart rate is a little up
    What are you doing about excercise/diet in the lead up to TTC? I need to shift a few kegs (hopefully) in the next few months and need some inspriation!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best wishes nomie, you are welcome back anytime!

Shadow, I had high blood pressure too! At our 37week appointment it was something like 99 over 201, my doctor got really worried and sent me to the hospital for monitering. We were ****ting ourseleves we were going to have the baby early, We were so not ready! But it came down and we were sent home.
    I had to finish work a week early. I was induced at 39+6 weeks because my blood pressure was back up. My labor was short though. I was 3cm dilated already so they broke my waters and sent me on a walk around the hospital grounds. That was so icky, every time ds moved I'd have a gush of amniotic fluid. That was at 8:30. If no contractions had started by 1:30 I was going on the drip. No contractions. Not that I could tell anyway. At 2:30 I had noticeable contractions after that it is a blur, they came so hard and fast I freaked out but my wonderful midwife suggested I get in the spa and I was fine after that. at about 5 oclock my midwife wanted to do her first internal and I had to get out of the spa. I remember telling her okay, but be quick! I was 9.5cm dilated and ready to push. Ds was born at 6:15 after an episotomy becaude his hand was up against his face and he was going to tear me big time.
    I didn't know high blood pressure carried a risk of c section. My hospital does them but I would have liked to know thats what I could have been in for. I suppose birth carries a risk of ceaser though.
    I am so glad your recovery was good. There was a girl from my anti natal classes with me on the maternity ward she had had a ceaser. Poor thing, she had been very into natural birthing and had been doing a calm birth course I think. she had a beautiful girl. Shadow I hope your next birth goes exactly how you would like, I could not imagine how tired you must have been if you could fall asleep between contractions! I am the same though I wouldn't change a thing about my labour, except sleeping the night before. I never new how precious sleep was till I couldn't have it.
    Oh and one more thing isn't it silly that partners can't stay on the ward. I find it really strange. I mean your family has just welcomed a brand new person and they get sent away. crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JessyJ View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    Starting to think about TTC #2 early next year and getting on here and reading all your posts is making me just a little excited again! I wasn't sure/am not sure if I'll feel the same amount of excitement about being pregnant the second time round, but even now my heart rate is a little up
    What are you doing about excercise/diet in the lead up to TTC? I need to shift a few kegs (hopefully) in the next few months and need some inspriation!
    Welcome Jessy J!

I need to move a few kjs too, I keep starting but never last even the day. so Today my new plan is to weigh in on my MIL scales every wednesday coz mine are foobar and report it on here. We are going camping with the family a cupple of weeks before christmas and I am not going to be fatter than my sister in law! There will be swimming and I want to be really confident. New mantra skinnyness is inyness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they were worried about it being uncontrollable or something? I was on medication to control it from 26 wks. But once he was born it went straight back to normal.

I agree on the sleep! Lol

wow, how quick your labour was!

I was lucky, df was able to stay each and every night with me.

They were also expecting him to be big, and because he wasn't engaged he was actually 6 above (you know how they say 1/5 engaged is just) he was the opposite! They thought he might have had a really big head, which would have been the cause. They couldn't find my cervix at all on the first few internals so I had 2 scans to check, and thats when they found out where he was.

He ended up being 9lbs 49cm and hc of 37 so not really long or a big head.... Just not engaged. I know the gushing. I had it dribbling constantly, maternity pads would soak in under an hour. Yuck! Lol