Closed Thread
Page 64 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Yeah SBS at 9.30. There was a baby boy that did not breathe for a few min's and they had to give him oxygen, I was a blubbering mess. He is ok though.

That's very exciting about Feb. Best you go for your pre TTC check up and start taking folate sooner than later .
    I'm actually not nervous, just want to begin already!!!! we are using condoms atm which we both hate, I keep trying to convince dh not to use one, but he wont budge lol

We are having a mini 'sh*t we are nearly 30' crisis atm.
    not sure if we are doing the right thing selling our house. it means we will be mortgaged to the max again on a bigger house, with higher repayments and living a lot tighter financially at the time where I will want time off work for mat leave, and won't have as much $$$ to spend on bubs. we will likely have to watch every $ we spend.
    We are living quite comfortably atm, with a big chunk of equity in our current house, saving money, going out lots, and could easily afford me not working for 12 months
    (not sure I want that long off work) and buy bubs everything we want.

So do we get a bigger house, setting ourselves up for the future, (more children) and live a different lifestyle to what we are used to?
    or do we just be happy with what we have, live comfortably, not have to think about every $ we spend, and make the big decisions when/if we have 2 or 3 children?????? (really we could have 2 children in our current 3 bed home, but we want a second bathroom and a study! WOW first world problems i know)

SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the long ranty post
    So this is my opinion. I would stay where you are. I think it's important not to add extra pressure of financial mayhem to your relationship while you try and wade your way through the first years of your babies lives. It's not fun for anyone and I think your best not to have to count every penny if you don't have to. Also I know personally I don't love change in my lifestyle, we can go out for mega fancy dinners, travel overseas, buy what we want and not have to think about it. I would love to continue that to a point when bubs comes along. I have stupid fantasies of walking down to our local cafe with bubs in its super nice pram (yep one that costs the same as a small car) having breakfast with hubby and discussing things like when we will take our next overseas trip.. Yes with a baby! I told you it was a stupid fantasy LOL but my point here is its easier, I think, to stick with the status quo while making a big life change ie having a baby then to completely turn everything up on its head. Then once you have your second re assess. You will have butt loads more equity in your home, you will be in a better position to go back to work part time if needed to balance out the bigger mortgage when you buy that bigger home you want.

Anyway as I said that's just what I reckon. On a side note I know what you mean by the 'nearly 30's crisis'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    Also DS saw snow for the first time today! He liked watching it fall but wasn't very impressed with it landing on his face!
    omg I haven't even seen snow!! Trio where are you again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did anyone watch one born every minute tonight? My golly gosh I am so unbelievably clucky now!!! ( well even more than I was)
    Made me bawl my eyes out!! Love that show so glad it's back.
    I have all three seasons. Some moments when the baby doesn't scream straight away is so scary!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Is anyone else really nervous about it all??
    Yes! We will be newly married and in a brand new house. I'm sort of torn between TTC straight away or saving some money to get a nice cement driveway put in, starting a garden, getting some decor, etc. I'm hoping I can still have enough $$$ to do those things after a bub. But probably not. Hmmm.

So do we get a bigger house, setting ourselves up for the future, (more children) and live a different lifestyle to what we are used to?
    or do we just be happy with what we have, live comfortably, not have to think about every $ we spend, and make the big decisions when/if we have 2 or 3 children?????? (really we could have 2 children in our current 3 bed home, but we want a second bathroom and a study! WOW first world problems i know)

SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!
    If I was you I would stay where you are and see how you settle into being a mum first. Give it a few years maybe and see how you feel then? I would stay in a comfortable zone. It would be horrible to be stressed about money with a new baby. Just my two cents. Either way I'm sure you'll work through it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsLa- In my opinion, I would stay where you are. Financially you would be better off and if you can fit at least 2 children in there comfortably I would make that choice when you get to that point.

disney- yay for February ttc! As much as I'm excited, I do get the oh I have to do this and that to get a baby here. Not to worried about the ttc part.

Tashee- I feel the same. I hear it everywhere that this person or hat person is expecting. I keep thinking that will be us soon.

Also very addicted to one born every minute. Has anyone else who has foxtel been addicted to discovery home and health channel this week? They have had baby week. All these baby shows and I slowly think I'm getting more clucky if that's even possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MrsLA, Id stay where u are if i were you, theres alot of "hidden" things with a bub i didnt expect. Some of it i guess was unnessicary though! lol. I never thought id be spending around $500 to get a breast pump and set us up for bottles, because id planned to exclusively breast feed, but couldnt. I persevered until 6mnths doing both, but the formula was a minor extra ongoing cost we werent expecting! Of course it made no difference really, but if u are already having to watch $$, that would've been alot harder IYKWIM?

Disney - Im am Scared, Nervous, Excited, Anxious and Impatient about TTC all rolled into one! I guess it all depends on my mood and the happenings as to where i fall with my thoughts at the time. My biggest worry is DS and how he will handle it, each time our agreed time gets close, i freak out thinking "but he is only.........old" DF asks if we will EVER have another one! He is ready to TTC, and has been for a few months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    omg I haven't even seen snow!! Trio where are you again?
    We are in Armidale NSW. I hadn't seen snow before I moved here either, but there was enough to make snow balls to throw at DH and a little snow man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Disney - Im am Scared, Nervous, Excited, Anxious and Impatient about TTC all rolled into one! I guess it all depends on my mood and the happenings as to where i fall with my thoughts at the time. My biggest worry is DS and how he will handle it, each time our agreed time gets close, i freak out thinking "but he is only.........old" DF asks if we will EVER have another one! He is ready to TTC, and has been for a few months.
    This is my biggest worry too. Sleep, I don't know how that is going to work. I hope DS will start sleeping through soon and then he can learn to sleep with dad so that I will only have to deal with the newborn at night. I have no idea about day sleeps, I just hope the newbie can sleep in the carrier! Then theres breast feeding, how do I spend 6hours a day feeding and take care of ds? I know we will figure it out when the time comes. I just hope it is not too much of a big adjustment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies! I've found a cool tv show to obsess over! It's called 'the midwives'. It follows a group of midwives in Manchester UK, it's similar to one born every minute. I found it while searching for one born every minute online to catch up on episodes. It's such a great show and I thought I would share my find with you. Google The midwives and watch online and it should come up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much everyone for all of your suggestions, thought and support. DH and I totally appreciate it and took it all on board in making our decision.

After receiving a good (albeit a bit low) offer on our house, we decided to turn it down, and stay where we are for a few more years.
    We had a lot of D&M's and did some serious number crunching and it was not going to be as tight as we thought if we moved, and we probably could still have lived relatively comfortably. But decided that there is no hurry and at the end of the day the more money in the bank the better.

We want to spend some money around this house, and improve some things, and maybe when the time is right we may even look at extending here, because we really do love the location and the block. So we will just wait and see, and keep saving our pennies.
    I am still not sure that this is the right decision, but all goes to plan.

In our old plan, we brought a new 2002 model car and were selling our 2011 model car to free up a bit of cash, but now we get to keep the 2011 car and have to sell the 2002 car!!!!

anyway thanks again ladies,

Snow - I love snow, it occasionally snows at our place, but only about once every 5 years. about 2 min up the road it snows about once a year, so pretty.

Disney, I will have to get onto the midwives, sounds great thanks for the heads up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Disney i love that show too Its awesome.

Trio, i know what u mean! Will your DS accept Daddy if daddy tends to him now? Mine so wont! lol. He will NOT re-settle during the night unless i take him. It really upsets DF, as he can persevere for AGES with him screaming to the point he holds his breath, i walk in, take him, he flops onto my shoulder and is asleep within seconds! Mummys touch?? I Do worry about the hospital stay and all too! DS has never spent a night away from me...ever...then add the above...lol. I had an emergency c-sect with him, so not sure where i stand with VBAC. And id LOVE to BF, but suffered with VERY low supply with DS... Long story short, by 6 days old he'd lost 17% of birth weight, we got re-admitted to hospital and i got set up on a 3hrly routine round the clock.... BF ds, Top him up with EBM, then formula, then pump... If he didnt wake overnight i had to wake him. I doubt i could handle that again! I tried everything from motillium, fenugreek, pumping, drinking water, eating healthy, extra feeds when i could, skin to skin, etc etc etc... It just never ever established. I never got any "milk boobs" never felt my milk come in, never felt let downs etc etc. After all that work, at 6mnths i was still only pumping between 90-110mls...TOTAL over 24hrs! Enough for 1 bottle of EBM a day Had to stop at 6mnths because we discovered some health issues that required medication unsuitable for BF.

Anyway, point of all that, i dont think i could handle a reigeme like that with a newborn, as well as DS... But ill give it a really good go BF is so important to me, i was shattered and so emotional that i couldnt exclusively BF him. For the first few months, i cried everytime he had to have formula, which was at every single feed But i was seeing an awesome LC, who helped me realise what an amazing effort it was, and that "Breast is best......IF both mum n bub are happy and able" otherwise FF is ok.