Closed Thread
Page 62 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hamij that is such a relief! I've always liked sards too.

Disney, I quite like the name Jobe. We loved DS's name but knew our family would be divided so we didn't tell anyone till he was born. We were right MIL just recently said she wasn't sure of his name as she had never heard it before, but loves his nickname.

I have boys and girls names picked for this next bub, but its a secret! lol!

I take blackmores pregnancy vitamin, everyday I remember. I like taking them even though I know most of it gets pee'd out. I get the 180's when they are on sale for about $34

Have a great day on prac Hamij!

We are off to playgroup today, have a fantastic day everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    oh that's so good of your sister to come through with the goods! It's what a sister is for, to pick up the slack in times of need! What did you end up deciding on for the suits?
    The groomsmen got black suits with satin trim, black vests with ivory shirts. They had ties and handkerchiefs to match the colour of the bridesmaids dresses. DF got the same except with an ivory vest, tie, and handkerchief. It cost a lot of $$$ for his suit. But not as much as my dress, and he'll get to wear his again. So it was money well spent. And yeah, very glad my sister is coming over to help me tie up the loose ends. DF is a bit busy with the end of uni, so I'm glad to have her support.
    Also, I like the name Jobe. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe have a list of a few names that you both like (include Jobe on the list anyway) and see what suits him/her after they're born? I have a boy name I really like as well. And I can't think of any others I like. So I'm trying to convince DF it's a good name. My dad and sister love the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    I think I am odd coz I used to take my bc pill every morning without water.
    So do I. But anything else I have to take with water.

Quote Originally Posted by LRA View Post
    Question : DH and I bought the book 'what to expect before you are expecting' today. I haven't read it properly yet, but I saw something in there when I was flicking that said that there is some research to say that taking vitams for 12 months prior to conception can reduce the risk of preterm labour? I haven't heard of that before? Has anyone followed this advice? Maybe I should be getting onto the vitamins sooner rather than later? I was planning for 6 months prior, not 12?
    I've never heard that before either? I was only going to start them a few months prior. I haven't read this book yet. But I saw the movie last night. Hilarious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The movie was great wasn't it!!

I've never heard of needing to take vitamins that long - only things like folate for a couple of months prior. I definitely won't be doing it for that long. I just don't see what vitamins would need to be in the system for a year to build up.

Prac again today, yesterday was mayhem. I do love it, but it's so much work - esp the home side of things which hubby just doesn't get! For him he gets up and goes to work - not that simple for me! Just 19 more days lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yesterday at play group there were week old twins! They were so tiny and so precious, just beautiful twin girls. They have made me so clucky, especially since they were asleep the whole time, and little angels. I would love twins. I have wanted twins my whole life. I actually kind of expect them. My mum was a twin and everyone says it skips a generation, so growing up I kinda of assumed I would have twins. At DS's ultrasound, I was blown away at seeing my bub but it was only after waiting for the blood test that I realised that there was only one. It was a tiny bit sad. So this pregnancy will definantly be a twin pregnancy by my logic. Twins would be unbelieveably hard. Just watching this mum with the tiny babies and a nearly two year old even with help and even with the newbies asleep it was a very big juggling act.But still, Twins please!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LRA View Post

Question : DH and I bought the book 'what to expect before you are expecting' today. I haven't read it properly yet, but I saw something in there when I was flicking that said that there is some research to say that taking vitams for 12 months prior to conception can reduce the risk of preterm labour? I haven't heard of that before? Has anyone followed this advice? Maybe I should be getting onto the vitamins sooner rather than later? I was planning for 6 months prior, not 12?
    Ive heard mixed reviews, I really think it depends on your diet. If you have a well balanced diet then you should be fine - that's my take on it anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trio - i want twins too! There is no genetic chance for me to have twins but I can still hope...

Thanks for the feedback ladies in regards to the name... I think I will keep it on my list. Does anyone else think boys names are impossible?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum is an identical twin (and there is another set of twins in her family tree somewhere). She is hopeful that it has skipped a generation and that either myself or one of my siblings will have twins. Unfortunately it is a myth that twins skip a generation, especially identical twins.
    But there is a gene that can cause a higher chance of having fraternal twins.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/02/he...real.html?_r=0

I'm glad that my chances of twins aren't increased! My mum and her identical sister were born three days apart. Poor Grandma!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls.
    shadowangel and mrsla - I def know what you mean about working with kids make you dislike a name. There will be no isaacs or jayden in my future lol

Trio- I would be clucky if I seen them too. Played with my neighbors 9month old on the weekend and didn't want to give him back lol. Twins run in both my side ande Dp family so we may need to expect that when I fall pregnant.

Disney- I'm glad your keeping jobe on your list. It's something you like so you should keep it regardless of others. I must be the opposite for names though. I can think of a million boys names I like and only maybe 2 girls names. Please let me be a mum of boys lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Disney, Im glad u are keeping it on your list..and YES! Boys names are incredibly hard for us! We had a list of about 5 written down when i went into labour, though there was 1 id liked for years that DF hated, 3 of DFs suggestion, and one we both kinda suggested, but werent sure....Thats what DS ended up with And i love it more and more each day. The only thing is the pronunciation throws some people. his name is.... K. yan...... (No dots or spaces)
    We say it as it looks, Ryan with a K. But i have heard it pronounced Key-arhn, Ky-anne, Cayenne (like the pepper spice)..... you can just imagine! lol
    Not sure if i mentioned this before but we didnt announce his name until the day after
    I was SO worried we would choose the wrong one, and id wake up the next morning and freak out it wasnt the right choice and didnt suit...so DF and i called him that overnight in private, we were still sure the next morning so then announced it

My brother has boy/girl twins. I wouldnt want twins lol. 1 is enough for me they're cute and gorgous but i just imagine the lack of sleep. DS is a terrible sleeper....Id go crazy!

Kinda funny story! We'd just been told SIL was pregnant (about 7wks), we were driving down the street and seen a lady pushing about 8mnth old twins... I just commented that she would have her hands full! Mum said "Dont you say that, you could be in for twins! They're due to come out in your children's generation" I said no, im not having twins, i have 3 siblings and countless cousins...its NOT going to be me... The next week we find out SIL had been for her scan and they found 2 HB's! in my head, im off the hook! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Trio - i want twins too! There is no genetic chance for me to have twins but I can still hope...

Thanks for the feedback ladies in regards to the name... I think I will keep it on my list. Does anyone else think boys names are impossible?!
    I like Jobe! There'll always be some people who won't like any name, just use whatever name you guys love I find boys names harder too... Although both were difficult to agree with dp. When we first started discussing it, it became pretty obvious dp only liked his own name haha! And we can't use that! I think I had about 4 names for boys but about 20 for girls. Luckily out of those dp liked exactly 1 for each gender haha! And not the one's I expected him to like. I am so in love with both names now! I can't wait to use them I'm glad we've figured it out early thinking back to the fight we had over our dog's name lol