Closed Thread
Page 61 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    That's awesome that your sister will help with wedding planning! It makes things more fun when you plan with friends

My children have just drawn on my new (well only a couple of months old) doona cover with texta!!!!!! They are now in their rooms. It better bloody come out, not impressed - we decided to splurge on a nice cover for about $100! And now look at it . And I want another child?? lol
    Spray it with preen and leave it for 15 minutes then wash it and hope for the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    glad to hear your sister is going to help Nomie! it will make it easier hope it relieves some stress for you!

if preen doesnt work, SARD might. I wet the area, scrub sard into it, scrub/rub it against itself, and let it sit. If its really bad ill soak it overnight in some water too.. It got pumpkin stains out of a pale yellow top of DS's! As well as some orange/red tomato looking lunch stains in pale grey from childcare. Not that it mattered, i only send him in basics to childcare for that reason!

How exciting for you Jorja. FX for a BFP soon! omg, im with disney. Id skip a week before i took one dry - YUCK! ive thought about it....and decided against it lol Just the thought of it doesnt sit right with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I am odd coz I used to take my bc pill every morning without water. Panadols weren't a prblem either. I can remember when I was in hospital as a kid getting made to take antibiotics as a tablet for the first time. that was so scary, I was crying and gagging.

Boycrazy sorry to hear your news. I hope you are okay and take good care of yourself.

Hamji, I know arn't we crazy to go back for more! my DS woke up at 3:45 this morning and was wide awake. I adjusted the clocks for daylight saving and that made it seem abit better, at naerly 5 o'clock, but gee wizz it was still stupid o'clock!

Disney, 'made my uterus glow!' love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and Nomie, So glad your sister can help, it will make it that much more fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok everyone so I have a list of names I love and my dh and I agree on them and I told my brother the boys name we like and he went on and on about how stupid that name is (it's jobe) and now I feel like I can't all my kid that. What do you all honestly think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney, they are your names babe, it's you that will live with them. If you like them use them! No point worrying about whatothers think because there will always be someone who won't like them. Dp and I have our names and have agreed on them, they aren't traditional and that's why we love them. I don't want to have my child in a classroom with 7 other kids named the same. My family rant fussed on the names but in the end my decision. My baby my choices!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LilNightmare For This Useful Post:

Disney  (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BoyCrazy, I am so sorry to hear about your loss to you

Nomie, that's great your sister is going to help you out. It will make a huge difference. I never had that 3 month freak out that some of you speak of as it was only 11 weeks from deciding to get married to being married for us .
    I think because timing was so tight to organise the whole lot with just me and DH doing the organising, there was not time to freak out. lol
    I'm sure everything will be amazing when the day arrives. SO excited for you

Trio, I must also be odd, because I never used to take my bc pill with water, always dry and had no problems. I do have water for anything bigger than bc though. Im fine taking vitamins, but sometimes the really strong smelling and tasting ones tend to repeat on me all day, and it is GROSS! the folate i am taking atm is no problems though (thankfully)

I agree with naming your child. Its your baby and your choice. If someone does not like it its their problem, not yours.
    we had friends over last night who are expecting a baby girl in March, and we were talking names. DH and I are pretty close in terms of the type of names we like. There are some that we don't agree on but I don't think we will find it too hard to agree on one.
    I find it hard working in child care and knowing so many children, you tend to relate the name back to the person, so there are so many names I like/don't like because I know children that are lovely/not so lovely with that name

Thanks
    Reviews
    BoyCrazy - sending Hoping for a sticky one for you next time
    Nomie - Take all the help you can get, it needs to be the most enjoyable time possible, not a stressful time.

Trio and MrsLA - I always took bc pills dry as well. I can take most tablets dry actually, although I don't take tablets anymore coz I have the implanon (only for a few more moths though, yay)

Totally agree with naming your child - no matter what you choose there is always going to be someone who doesn't think the name is suitable because of some reason or another, so the name has to be what you and dh want.

Question : DH and I bought the book 'what to expect before you are expecting' today. I haven't read it properly yet, but I saw something in there when I was flicking that said that there is some research to say that taking vitams for 12 months prior to conception can reduce the risk of preterm labour? I haven't heard of that before? Has anyone followed this advice? Maybe I should be getting onto the vitamins sooner rather than later? I was planning for 6 months prior, not 12?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am with the other ladies, If u love the name - USE it!

MrsLA, Its so hard having worked in childcare, then trying to name a baby!! Do you have children already? I found any names DF suggested for DS, i hated because they always reminded me of "That" child who done *something* that i didint like....We ended up deciding on a name id never even heard of before, and we both loved it! its so unusal that No one we;ve mentioned it to has ever heard it, but all love it We were SO stuck for a boys name, last time, and will be again...but already have our girls name chosen

LRA, we started TTC in Jan 2010 for DS, i just swapped my BC pill for a folate & iodine tablet, and once i got my BFP swapped to elevit. I had heard of it taking 3 months to establish a good amount of folate, but nothing else.

Im taking vitamin D now as its always low, i have a fairly healthy diet now, and when we TTC ill take something a bit pregnancy related, maybe start taking folate soon JIC.

TBH if we had an "oops" from now on it wouldnt worry me, but im on the pill till Dec-Jan for now, will re-assess it when we get closer. if i go off then, or if i take it a bit longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I ended up getting the texta out!!! FOUR washes and used a gazillion different stain remover treatments! Winner ended up being the SARD stick - though even that I had to use twice.

Names are hard hey! I have a girls name picked, but even then I'm not 100% sure! Boys... well I don't know... I wanted to name these kids after a few people - so girls name was going to be Analise Jean (my grandmothers middle name is Ann, and my mum/sister's middle name is Jean). Boys is a bit harder.... my grandfather is Ronald Arthur... and I don't think I really like either of those. Their surname is Haddon... and I thought Haddon for a middle name - but then we're Hamilton... so it'd be a bit of a tongue twister!

I'm doing a primary teaching degree - so meeting SO many kids through schools and ARGH the names that I no longer like lol.

First day of prac today, gotta get kids up and at them, need to leave by 7... so better get moving lol