Closed Thread
Page 60 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 1062
  1. #591
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,265
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked
    1,143
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi jorja! Welcome!

    Disney, i took elevit with DS, and i cant even take normal panadol, i have to take the mini caps... I cut the elevit in half, they come with a line you can, and i took them half at a time. Also, if u have a really healthy diet, and dont need all the extra vitamins etc, plain Folate, or folate & iodine tablets are TINY!! (like BC pill size) Theres a way around it

  2. #592
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Illawarra NSW
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    Yeah - some of these are pretty horrid! I don't think I'll be taking vitamins during pregnancy, so figure want to get everything up to scratch now if possible. Main ones that are pregnancy related are folate and iron.

    Some are powders that I can put in smoothies - so far so good with those as they smell disgusting. But figure a banana smoothie for brekky I'm more than happy with .

  3. #593
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jorjarenee View Post
    Lol Disney, I misread what you said and thought you said 'So that all made my uterus grow'
    I had a giggle!
    Ha ha ha ha!!! That's so funny!!!

    Good luck with your ttc journey how long have you been at it?

  4. #594
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    hi jorja! Welcome!

    Disney, i took elevit with DS, and i cant even take normal panadol, i have to take the mini caps... I cut the elevit in half, they come with a line you can, and i took them half at a time. Also, if u have a really healthy diet, and dont need all the extra vitamins etc, plain Folate, or folate & iodine tablets are TINY!! (like BC pill size) Theres a way around it

    Oh I'm glad I'm not the only pill chopper out there!! Sometimes I even struggle with my bc pill if I don't have enough water or it touches my teeth etc!

  5. #595
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked
    14
    Reviews
    0
    This is my first month! I had my implanon removed 3 months ago so I thought now was an okay time to try as I got my regular cycle back the day I got it out.
    And I'm with you guys on the pills subject. I had to take my bc pill dry one time (I wasn't home) and I dryreached SO bad it hurt. I still dryreach thinking of it to this day!
    And once I thought the panadol I was taking was a dissolvable, but it was just a plain one and I sucked on it and it was absolutely hideous! I read panadol packets 3 times over now before taking one!

  6. #596
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jorjarenee View Post
    This is my first month! I had my implanon removed 3 months ago so I thought now was an okay time to try as I got my regular cycle back the day I got it out.
    And I'm with you guys on the pills subject. I had to take my bc pill dry one time (I wasn't home) and I dryreached SO bad it hurt. I still dryreach thinking of it to this day!
    And once I thought the panadol I was taking was a dissolvable, but it was just a plain one and I sucked on it and it was absolutely hideous! I read panadol packets 3 times over now before taking one!

    Oh your first month that is so exciting!! For you!! Oh no I would rather skip a pill then take it dry, my eyes are watering thinking about it!!!!

  7. #597
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked
    14
    Reviews
    0
    Thankyou! That means so much. I can't wait to share my possible future pregnancies with others going through the same thing. So exciting.
    Yeah, it was a struggle to take it for a couple of weeks after that incident!

  8. #598
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    TAS
    Posts
    1,197
    Thanks
    456
    Thanked
    799
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My sister called to talk and I said I would really need her help with wedding planning for the next few months and she said she was keen to help. Phew. I think I just got sick of trying to decide everything by myself and it's a relief to know that she will be able to help me now.
    I went with the boys to get their suits and they looked so handsome. Especially DF! I'm glad I went, but I left all the decision making to DF.

    As for pills, my DF hates taking them too. He has a really sensitive gag reflex. A trick he has learned it to have them with a large spoonful of yoghurt.

  9. #599
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    My sister called to talk and I said I would really need her help with wedding planning for the next few months and she said she was keen to help. Phew. I think I just got sick of trying to decide everything by myself and it's a relief to know that she will be able to help me now.
    I went with the boys to get their suits and they looked so handsome. Especially DF! I'm glad I went, but I left all the decision making to DF.

    As for pills, my DF hates taking them too. He has a really sensitive gag reflex. A trick he has learned it to have them with a large spoonful of yoghurt.
    oh that's so good of your sister to come through with the goods! It's what a sister is for, to pick up the slack in times of need! What did you end up deciding on for the suits?

  10. #600
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Illawarra NSW
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    That's awesome that your sister will help with wedding planning! It makes things more fun when you plan with friends

    My children have just drawn on my new (well only a couple of months old) doona cover with texta!!!!!! They are now in their rooms. It better bloody come out, not impressed - we decided to splurge on a nice cover for about $100! And now look at it . And I want another child?? lol


 

Similar Threads

  1. TTC in 2013
    By joby84 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-08-2012, 21:38
  2. Ttc 2013
    By SittingWaitingWishingX in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 13-06-2012, 22:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
The Little Gym Bella Vista
Get ready for some serious, fun gymnastics! The Little Gym Bella Vista
The world’s premier experiential learning and physical development center for children ages 4 months - 12 years. Create opportunities for your child to try new things and build self-confidence, all with a grin that stretches from ear to ear
featured supporter
Sudocrem / Infacol
Sudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, abrasions, wounds and minor skin irritations. Infacol Wind Drops are an effective method of treating wind in infants.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!