Closed Thread
Page 58 of 107 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No probs There is also a marker higher up under the head rest that u cant see until the head rest is right up that says something about the child can only use the seat till their shoulders reach that spot. He has quite a while yet! Im quite happy with it, but the base is quite wide. Hoping it doesnt cause issues with #2, we need to have the capsule in the middle...We have head rests on the side seats and it has a single strap that digs into them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    Do many mum's take the full 52 weeks of unpaid parental leave? I really want to but I'm worried about how my boss will react. To him, our lives should revolve around the workplace. He doesn't come across as a family first man. What will you guys be doing? This worries me than anything else about having a baby.
    I'll def be taking a year off... At a minimum... I've actually been thinking lately I might resign. I've been pretty bored at work lately and am still thinking about being a sahm. DP says we can't afford for me to stay home but I'm hoping I'll prove him wrong during the year off! If I go back to work it will only be for 1-2 days and this is not possible in my current position, I'd have to go back 3 days to make it work. I was going to look into getting some teaching work at one of the unis here cos they usually need people, pay well and are very flexible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Trio how has this (cosleeping) impacted on your relationship with your dh?? If you don't mind me asking
    Thats hard to answer because DS arriving has made such a big impact! So much has changed, it was so hard to get used to this massive change in lifestyle being a parent brings. Our whole way of life has changed.

I know some familes are able to have both mum dad and bub in the bed, but Dh is not keen at all. I can understand as he does have to go to work in a very physical job, were as I can catch mummy naps when DS sleeps. I just miss that closeness of falling to sleep with DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    I honestly didnt realise until then, that he could've been RF in it until then, but we only got it in June and with his jumper on he is above the line...
    LOL! We need 3 jumpers and two jackets to make it to the line!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I left work when I had my children. I had to reduce hours while I was pregnant - so I had to go from permanent to casual (though I did have set days). I was going to go back after I had my first, but childcare costs were ridiculous, I wasn't going to earn very much once I paid for daycare etc, so decided to throw in the towel. I worked out that by being at home, I could do lots more to save money etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thats our problem too Hamij, plus i also work in childcare...lol! And id only send DS to one, which only leaves 1 other in town that id work at, with him being SO reliant on me, i wouldnt work at the same centre.

But i figured by the time i paid fees and the little bit we'd gain financially...didnt equate to the quality time i get with DS, and how we can save. Just little things like being at home to get clothes on and off the line VS using a dryer as we're short on time. Cooking healthy meals as i have all day vs something quick or take away...

LOL Trio! Im always getting told he's got my height. Im 5'7, and about 2cm taller than DF. but i dont really see him as tall

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's it isn't it. I figure when I look at working I'm going to try and find a nanny. Figure I'm studying to do primary teaching - so I'll bring home $300ish a day for casual work. Thinking of finding someone that would let me pay them a certain amount a week - say $100 a week during term time - for being 'on call' and then would pay probably $100 a day to do the school drop off/pick up and about an hours care before and after school. BUT I dunno how realistic that'd be!!! Figure if I was a single uni student, I'd jump at the chance, but I dunno if any would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    Thats hard to answer because DS arriving has made such a big impact! So much has changed, it was so hard to get used to this massive change in lifestyle being a parent brings. Our whole way of life has changed.

I know some familes are able to have both mum dad and bub in the bed, but Dh is not keen at all. I can understand as he does have to go to work in a very physical job, were as I can catch mummy naps when DS sleeps. I just miss that closeness of falling to sleep with DH.
    It's actually not something I had thought about, how having a child will impact our relationship....

those of you who have children what changes have occurred good or bad with your relationship with your dh/dp/df etc. has it brought you closer, have your lost some distance since the birth of your child, has life never been the same ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like to think that DF and I will cooperate well after we have a kid () so I'm hoping it won't have any negative affects on our relationship. If anything, I hope it brings us closer together. I mean I'm sure having children brings up issues, but we've worked through tonnes of stuff before.

As for work, I really wanted to take the whole 52 weeks (in an ideal world), but I honestly don't know we could keep making house repayments etc. on one income. I only work three days a week now anyway, so I think I'd take the 18 weeks paid leave and then go back to work two days a week. One at home and one at work. DF is self employed luckily so he could look after the bub on the days I work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Hamij, there were new standards for seats released a while back, they are based on height now not weight

In the new meridian (we got it in june as we had another car hit us) my ds is pretty average for height, and at 14 mnths, he was just over the line to turn the seat to forward facing. Before that we had a12kg rf hipod milan. Much better
    Does this mean with the new standards older seats can't be used, or do they just have to comply?
    We got given a safe n sound reversible one (can't quite remember what model) that was brought for my cousin a few years ago.
    I don't mind buying a new one if it is a safety issue or doesn't, but the one we got given is in great condition and I would rather use that if we can?

Also, just saw your news BoyCrazy!!!
    So exciting for you!! CONGRATULATIONS!