Closed Thread
Page 56 of 107 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Basically cot pressed up to bed and only have 3 sides of the cot up - so like cosleeping, but have that little extra room

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations BoyCrazy that is so very exciting! we all get our BFP as fast as you did!

So much to catch up on after not being around for a few days!

LilNightmare, af still has not arrived, so I am currently at cycle day 42 and no signs of af! (however my b00bs are very sore and sensitive today) but I still secretly hope that that little accident may have happened as have not been taking the pill for 3 weeks now, and forgot it about half the time in the last month I was taking it. I highly doubt being utd is possible but until af arrives I will hold onto the glimmer of hope (we have not been using any contraception for a few weeks, so who knows?)
    I don't think my body has really changed since not taking the pill, I think my libido has increased massively, but not really knowing where in my cycle I am it may be a very temporary thing and considering its only been 3 weeks, who really knows?

Again, the MCN discussion, and again I still say hats off to you ladies who will be using them, I just cringe at using them!!!

I cant remember if I answered this or not earlier, but I will be using ovulation tests to ttc, but I am worried that I will become obsessed. (very addictive and controlling personality over here )
    So I don't become too obsessive, I am hoping to just go with the flow for a while and keep fingers crossed. (not sure if I will cope with that though)

Hamij- how is your pop doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsLA - Pop is ok - thanks for asking. He's driving us up the wall. According to drs he's going to need a pacemaker, and he's not drinking enough. Just worried about him getting a pace maker as nan relies heavily on him. I wish I wasn't going on prac as I'd be able to help, but I just don't know how much extra help I'm going to give as I think I'll be struggling to stay on top as is. We'll get by with them somehow. Hard when people that you've seen to be the best people in the world, are now needing to be reliant on other people and unfortunately seeing that they aren't going to live forever - the time we have left with them is declining.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Disney, We just have a general cot, nothing special.... The base height isnt adjustable, however in the first few months until DS was rolling and sitting, we just left the side down All i made sure was (obviously) it met the Aus Safety standards for SIDS.

I LOVE looking at baby stuff! Furniture wise we are good for next time, althoguh i would love a proper basinette. We got a pram with the basinette attachment for DS, and the stand for it, but its alot smaller, to fit into the pram, so he had outgrown it by 8wks!!

The other thing i really want is an Ergo baby carrier. I had a sling with DS and he hated it, i also got given a tommee tippee carrier pod (Like a bjorn) and he loved it, but it hurts my neck, and ive heard good things about the Ergo.

Im not sure about a pram. We can get a toddler seat for DS, with sunshade and all to fit our current pram, but we wouldnt be able to use our capsule with it....So im not sure if we would get another pram or what yet.... I guess it will depend on how much we still use it with DS towards the end of the pregnancy.

The only other thing we would need, would be another car seat. We would probably look at getting DS the SNS Maxi Rider after bub was born. He is currently in the meridian, and we have a capsule, so bub would be in that until it outgrows it, then into the meridian to RF as long as possible (We had DS RF till 10mnths, would've liked longer, the meridian with new markers will allow it.) And will put DS into the Maxi Rider when that all happens.....

We use sposies here... huggies.. I wanted to use MCN but had no idea where to start, and the thought of trying to dry them in winter wasnt very appealing. Theres so much washing here already!!

Boycrazy - congrats on your BFP!!! How exciting

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an ergo (though I can't find it argh!) Will DEFINITELY be buying one if I've lost it. I tend to lend it out to lots of people so chances are I haven't got it back and I've forgotten who I gave it to. I'm more thinking we're going to go for a carrier rather than a pram, but not 100% sure. Pram would be handy at other peoples places for sleeps etc. And I think I've found one I like for a couple of hundred rather than the other one I like for $500+ lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Car seats are hard to know what to get - I *think* I've found the one we want - we want it to be reversible until 12kg. Will probably put something like that off til last, as new ones are being released all the time etc. I was going to go a capsule to start off with - but I don't know. They do get so heavy to carry.

It's hard not to buy stuff now!!!! But I've promised hubby that we'll wait until we're pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had to jump on quickly here to say a big congrats to BoyCrazy!!! How exciting and I hope everyone is just as quick as you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hamij, there were new standards for seats released a while back, they are based on height now not weight

In the new meridian (we got it in june as we had another car hit us) my ds is pretty average for height, and at 14 mnths, he was just over the line to turn the seat to forward facing. Before that we had a12kg rf hipod milan. Much better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations boy crazy! Your head must still be in a spin it happened so fast! When will you be due?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Those of you who have kids already what do you look for in a cot? What makes a good cot or a bad cot? It's a real mystery!!
    When I was pregnant with DS the one thing I couldn't wait to get was a cot, I wanted one in a dark wood with straight lines. I made sure it was to the Aust saftey standards, had an adjustable base height, converted to a toddler bed and I could raise and lower the side really easily.
    We also got a bassinett for when hw was tiny.
    Well he slept in the bassinette kinda okay, as long as it was right up agaisnt the side of the bed and he was sound asleep whn you put him in it. (never ever in the day though). He also had to be wrapped up nice and snug. I struggled with muslin wraps for nearly 4 months before I discovered ergo cocoons. I was so annoyed I had never heard to them! I highly rate a zippered or velcro wrap so much easier. Then he started rolling and had to move to the cot. I think he slept in there maybe 4 nights, after hours of struggling to lay him down and him not to wake after a few seconds. Then he just slept in the bed with me. I could lay down with him in my arms and he wouldn't stir. So we become co sleepers. DH sleeps in our king bed in our room, and we sleep in a double in DS's room. It is awesome in some ways but really crappy in others. If I want to sneak into Dh's bed I have to wrap DS up in a safe t sleep so he dosn't roll out of bed if he wakes and I'm not there. I havn't slept with Dh in 13 1/2 months. But I know exactly how hot or cold DS is I can get up and feed him before he even properly wakes and he is in easy reach if we need to get out of the house fast. Another thing I like is when he wriggles in the night it kinda feels like he is still inside my belly.

I also rate the ergo, it has been so handy. I used a baby borjn when DS was little which I also really loved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Hamij, there were new standards for seats released a while back, they are based on height now not weight
    I noticed this, we use a gardian seat and have had DS facing forwards for ages. then we got a new car and needed another seat so we got the same again, but he comes nowhere near the shoulder height for forward facing, which is so hard because he screams the whole time rearfacing and only some of the time forward facing.