Closed Thread
Page 53 of 107 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjk View Post
    Also not sure if this has been asked before but has anyone had a thought about if they are going to try anything particularly while TTC (Like charting, temping, OPKs, Pre-seed?) or just going to stop trying for a little while?
    What is Pre-seed? I have heard people talking about it but I have no idea what it is!

I have about 40 ovulation test strips in the cupboard. I got them ages ago when I thought we would have been TTC now. I think I am going to test them out now, figure out when I O. I had a cycle around 37days before I was pregnant. I am about 1/2way through my third period since DS was born, my last cycle was 41 days so I think they might be regulating somewhat. I think it will be good to get them used up before we are actually ttc. Then we can just DTD around O and hope for the best. No stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LRA View Post
    We aren't going to try anything in particular to start with. We are just going to stop contraception and see how it goes. If it doesn't happen after a few months we might start doing something, but it is just one thing I don't want to stress about at first (I am an organisational freak, and if we were charting or temping or anything, I would get absolutely OBSESSED with it and get carried away and just stress more over it - just a personality flaw of mine - very obsessive ) DH has to bring me back down to earth and take it easy
    I am exactly the same as you (organisational freak). I want to take a relaxed approach but I did have a terrible dream last night... I was sitting in the fertility clinic because we were having issues ttc and there was women after women walking into the doctors office and then back out with a baby and each time the nurse stood up to call a name I would get up thinking I've been here forever it's my turn she would call another lady in.

I am really worried we are going to have problems and I'm not sure if that's some inner thing pre warning me or if I'm just being stupid and over thinking things...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We'll be doing OPKs and preseed too - though I'll most likely be on fertility meds. I've bought some herbal stuff that's meant to help with my PCOS so I'm going to start that soon, and see if something happens with my cycle before we start trying.

Been an overly stressful day today. Coffee with the rellies this morning and Pop took a turn. Just waiting for news really. His blood pressure was really low. He had a turn on Tuesday apparently - couldn't talk etc - but didn't want anyone to fuss over it argh. Hoping everything settles down and it's just one of those things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    We'll be doing OPKs and preseed too - though I'll most likely be on fertility meds. I've bought some herbal stuff that's meant to help with my PCOS so I'm going to start that soon, and see if something happens with my cycle before we start trying.

Been an overly stressful day today. Coffee with the rellies this morning and Pop took a turn. Just waiting for news really. His blood pressure was really low. He had a turn on Tuesday apparently - couldn't talk etc - but didn't want anyone to fuss over it argh. Hoping everything settles down and it's just one of those things.

Oh gosh I hope he is ok!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well he's been discharged. Not overly impressed, but guess they don't like keeping anyone in unless absolutely necessary. They said it's a combination of low blood pressure, dehydration, the heat and heart problems. They think he'll need a pace maker. He's got an appointment with his cardiologist next week, so hoping they will be able to do something pretty quick. Apparently he'll keep having these issues until the pace maker is in! Makes me worry as he's nan's main carer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies,

Can i join you all in here??

Just a bit about me, im 27, DF is 29. We have an 18mnth old DS together, and have just made the decision to postpone TTC #2 starting from next WEEK.....to early next year.

A few reasons influenced our decision... Financially we will be better off, I was diagnoes with Hypothyroidisim when he was 6mnths old, its generally stable but ive just had to re-adjust my dosage of medication....If its not stable while preg, especially the 1st trimester, it can cause potential issues with bub...it also gives me time to loose some weight.

Im also still LOVING my 1 on 1 time with DS, (would love another though) But DS is still quite reliant on me, and wont sleep through the night in his cot, waking hourly from about 1am....but sleeps soundly all night in our bed.

We fell quite quickly with DS, so im hoping for similar luck 2nd time around I went off the pill Jan 2010, AF Feb and March, BFP April, MC May, AF June, BFP for DS in July

Look foward to sharing this journey with you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there shadowangel

Welcome and all the best in giving your DS a sibling

J

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    What is Pre-seed? I have heard people talking about it but I have no idea what it is!
    http://www.preseed.com.au/preseed.html
    This is Pre-Seed. I've seen similar items in the local chemist, but I've heard heaps of people having troubles conceiving and then they get pregnant after a month using Pre-Seed. Probably coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    I am really worried we are going to have problems and I'm not sure if that's some inner thing pre warning me or if I'm just being stupid and over thinking things...
    Dreams are often your brain filing away your sub conscious thoughts. So if you are worried, it makes sense you are having dreams like these. I wouldn't take it as a sign of anything to come otherwise you'll worry more and it could become a vicious cycle. I'm sure you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    Well he's been discharged. Not overly impressed, but guess they don't like keeping anyone in unless absolutely necessary. They said it's a combination of low blood pressure, dehydration, the heat and heart problems. They think he'll need a pace maker. He's got an appointment with his cardiologist next week, so hoping they will be able to do something pretty quick. Apparently he'll keep having these issues until the pace maker is in! Makes me worry as he's nan's main carer.
    Oh dear. I hope he gets that pace maker soon then. It will make a world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Hi ladies,

Hi ShadowAngel! Nice to meet you. Good luck with your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Hi ladies,

Just a bit about me, im 27, DF is 29. We have an 18mnth old DS together, and have just made the decision to postpone TTC #2 starting from next WEEK.....to early next year.

A few reasons influenced our decision... Financially we will be better off, I was diagnoes with Hypothyroidisim when he was 6mnths old, its generally stable but ive just had to re-adjust my dosage of medication....If its not stable while preg, especially the 1st trimester, it can cause potential issues with bub...it also gives me time to loose some weight.

Im also still LOVING my 1 on 1 time with DS, (would love another though) But DS is still quite reliant on me, and wont sleep through the night in his cot, waking hourly from about 1am....but sleeps soundly all night in our bed.

We fell quite quickly with DS, so im hoping for similar luck 2nd time around I went off the pill Jan 2010, AF Feb and March, BFP April, MC May, AF June, BFP for DS in July

Welcome Shadow Angel!

I have a DS too! hes 13months, we were going to TTC this month but have had to wait for my thyroid to sort out too. Snap!

hamji, I hope your pop is okay. Oldies can be such worries. Our nan broke her hip last month, but is all fine now. I just hope DS will look after us when we nned pacemakers and new hips!

Disney, I took my husbands name. I wanted to have the same name as my kids. I was lucky in that it has the same number of syllables as my old last name so didn't muck with the flow of my name. It took ages to get used to it though.

I am also abit nervy about my fertility this time. My periods are different. And I now know I have a retroverted uterus, and I am older. and we hardly ever get to have sex.

and

GO THE SWANS!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trio, you've got it all wrong!

GO HAWKS!!!

( I'll probably be outvoted being the only Victorian)