Closed Thread
Page 50 of 107 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    tashee - welcome back! It's so glad to hear you are feeling better! That's a bit unfair of your DP to change his mind again or even mention he wants to delay TTC! That's also very handy you could ask about TTC, I really think prenatal vitamins are a marketing scam. I was at Priceline the other day and saw there is folate and I-folate which also has iodine in it... I don't know what the difference is but they were both way way way cheaper than prenatal vitamins!

MrsLA - ha ha an accident would be welcomed! It's is an exciting thought isn't it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Name: hamij (Jade)
    Month: Prob Feb/March 2013 - I have a kilo goal I want to get to, so it depends on when I hit that.
    Pregnancy: 3rd
    State: NSW

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I haven't been around in awhile, I have been sick for a couple of weeks and then super busy. I tried to post a couple of days ago, but looking back through the thread it hasn't worked for some reason.

How has everyone been? I looked back through most of the posts but didn't read them all. There has been a lot happening while I was gone it seems.
    So exciting that some of you are so close to starting to TTC.

Unfortunately, some things have changed for us and we will be delaying TTC until NOVEMBER next year. Only a little bit later than we originally planned but it seems like so far away. 14 months and counting.
    Although the good thing is DH is now a lot more on board with talking baby stuff Before he used to tell me it is ages away and not to worry about it but now we can talk more freely about it without him telling me it is ages away (even though it is).
    He actually told me I could start making some things. I am on school holidays at the moment (school teacher) and told him I needed a project to keep me occupied. We had been looking into the different between disposable and MCN's and he suggested that I could make some as my project to see what they are like, because neither of us like the idea of disposables. He even came and chose some fabric with me (he wanted pirates, typical boy). I will have to post some pictures of them they are super cute. Now we are just waiting for his sister to have a baby so we can test them out and see if they actually fit/work well haha. Seems crazy, but I like doing little things at a time to prepare.

Also, about someones comments about prenatal vitamins. It seems that most people I have spoken to have been told by their doctors that they only need to take the folate and iodine, not the full prenatal vitamins. I asked my doctor about this the other week too, and she said that being young and healthy with good levels of everything else that is all that I need to take as well. She said the others are a waste of money until you are actually pregnant because your body doesn't need all the extra stuff. Looking at the price difference (about $8 for 150 of the blackmores folate and iodine compared to about $30 for the pack of prenatal ones) I will definitely just be going with those and making sure I maintain a healthy diet for everything else. If I needed to I would pay the extra for the prenatal ones, but I don't see the point when the doctor (and it seems majority of other people) say that it isn't necessary.

Anyway, sorry for the long rambling post, I just wanted to catch up with everything I have missed.

Also I would like to be added to the list of 2013 TTC

Name: Lauren
    TTC: November 2013
    Pregnancy: First
    Age: 23 (but will be almost 25 by the time TTC which is scary)
    State: NSW (south of Sydney)
    Last edited by LRA; 25-09-2012 at 06:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lauren - where abouts south of Sydney? I'm in Wollongong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is a quick pic of my 'project' that I mentioned I have been playing with for the past few days. I need a newborn to check them on (hopefully from SIL very soon). I want to adjust the pattern slightly but I thought they were super cute.
    ANyone else thinking of using cloth nappies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    Lauren - where abouts south of Sydney? I'm in Wollongong
    Im in the Sutherland Shire. Not far away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those nappies are gorgeous! We'll be using cloth nappies. Have you just used cotton as the outer or PUL?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    Those nappies are gorgeous! We'll be using cloth nappies. Have you just used cotton as the outer or PUL?
    Thanks Its been fun to get back into sewing - I haven't done any in years.
    I found PUL with the coating on the back wasn't easily available unless I got it online, which I didn't want to do for the first 'test' so instead I found some that was front laminated from spotlight and used that in-between the cotton and the inside (so there is actually three layers of fabric instead of two but the layers are only thin so not any extra bulk, and there was so much more choice of patterns when choosing cotton as the outer), and they have turned out really well. We tipped half a cup of water into one of them and let it sit there and it didn't come through, so it worked well
    I have now ordered a small piece of the back laminated PUL fabric to try and see the difference, if it is worth the extra money or not. The way I have done it has turned out really cheap.

Are you going to make or buy nappies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome - I think the main thing with PUL is that it's breathable - rather than plastic backed fabric.

I'm probably going to buy... figure I did make some with my previous kids but found they didn't last as long. I'm hoping to make things like maternity wear and a few baby things though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just remembered the PUL that I used for the nappies I made - I put in an 'invisible' layer of pul - I bought it by the metre, was heaps cheaper, and I just put it after the absorbent layers, and then used a cotton print outer.