Closed Thread
Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs Baburun. And kudos for acknowledging and admitting how you're feeling. Glad to hear all has been sorted with a good heart to heart. I feel you - we're struggling a bit financially too, which really factors into the reluctant reluctance (?!) to TTC.

Hi HOMS! I seriously reckon there's something in some women's makeup that is like a switch- one day you're not clucky the next day you are. I think for me it was the day my boss told me, clutching my hands and so excited, that she was pregnant, that the switch flipped for me. We conceived 3 months later... When it flipped, it really flipped! Your DH is a midwife - that's awesome. He must have all sorts of useful, knowledgeable info. I wish I had someone in my life like that! (I don't mean I wish DH knew, just someone would be good!). What sort of teaching do you do? I considering a career change into primary teaching one day when we can afford for me to do that...

Disney, how are you going? How goes newly-weds married life?! (If its anything like us - much the same?!). I kind of know what you mean about trying to factor in when bubs will be born - I do in terms of age gap in between DS and our next bubba (fingers crossed!). We initially planned for a 3 year gap, give or take. That would mean we'd need to conceive next month - I don't think so! What will be will be - whatever age gap eventuates, we'll love because it will just be our reality! But, I wish it'd hurry up (that sounds awful - not meaning to wish time away!).

I was out of control clucky at the beginning of the week cos its AF time - but those emotions are subsiding now, and all feels a bit more normal now! I'm also enjoying a wine now and counting small blessings (if I was UTD, I couldn't)... DS is at the stage of seriously taking in everything we say - he repeats things I haven't said for days and just has me in fits of laughter. Such good fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello Everyone! I'd like to join in the fun if I may? I was very keen to TTC no 2 in august this year, but my DH was just not ready yet. So after much soul searching, talking, argueing and coming to terms with this we have decided that May 2013 will be the month for us. Now I have a date I am so very excited! The stress levels in our house have gone way down, which is very important because I really want to concive our new baby the way we concieved DS, with the most amazing loving intense sex LOL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Baburun View Post
    Thanks Disney, it was nice to have a little mini vent and have someone offer virtual hugs!

It was super tense for a couple more days but we finally sat down this afternoon and had a good talk about everything, and our future and commitment to each other and TTC next year! So that's a huge relief and pretty exciting
    (heh, I've never had the opportunity to use this emoticon before)
    Oh that's such good news to hear that you we table to talk it out!!

Whoo hoo to next year!! 5 months and 2 weeks until 2013!! What month is everyone going to TTC??? Personally I'm still trying to work that out but I am thinking maybe June / July for a march/ April baby I would really like a September baby but I don't think I can wait until December next year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ricepudding View Post

Disney, how are you going? How goes newly-weds married life?! (If its anything like us - much the same?!). I kind of know what you mean about trying to factor in when bubs will be born - I do in terms of age gap in between DS and our next bubba (fingers crossed!). We initially planned for a 3 year gap, give or take. That would mean we'd need to conceive next month - I don't think so! What will be will be - whatever age gap eventuates, we'll love because it will just be our reality! But, I wish it'd hurry up (that sounds awful - not meaning to wish time away!).

I was out of control clucky at the beginning of the week cos its AF time - but those emotions are subsiding now, and all feels a bit more normal now! I'm also enjoying a wine now and counting small blessings (if I was UTD, I couldn't)... DS is at the stage of seriously taking in everything we say - he repeats things I haven't said for days and just has me in fits of laughter. Such good fun!
    Hey ricepudding ! Things are going well. Married life is EXACTLY like it was before, 10 years together and living together for 5 years will do that. We are just poorer now after our epic honeymoon and wedding spending LOL!!!

3-4 year gap isn't bad at all!! It would be fun having a bub after that amount of time because it would be quite new again! My niece is that age and she is exactly the same remembers everything and repeats it in wrong situations which is always very very funny!!

I spent Friday afternoon in the sun enjoying soft cheese, salami and wine and thought yep this is awesome, the time is my own and I couldn't do this if I was UTD!

I hope things are well for you ricepudding !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    Hello Everyone! I'd like to join in the fun if I may? I was very keen to TTC no 2 in august this year, but my DH was just not ready yet. So after much soul searching, talking, argueing and coming to terms with this we have decided that May 2013 will be the month for us. Now I have a date I am so very excited! The stress levels in our house have gone way down, which is very important because I really want to concive our new baby the way we concieved DS, with the most amazing loving intense sex LOL!

Welcome to the 2013 club Trio!!!

You have a solid date I'm so jealous.. We are still working on hypotheticals at the moment but I'm thinking June/July 2013.

Ha ha ha amazing loving intense sex sounds awesome. I REALLY hope that we can do that!! I don't want to get bogged down in charting and taking huge notice in cycle changes and predicting ovulation to the second. It's gotta be better when you are making a baby out of love and hot sex then methodical clinical predicted sex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Ha ha ha amazing loving intense sex sounds awesome. I REALLY hope that we can do that!! I don't want to get bogged down in charting and taking huge notice in cycle changes and predicting ovulation to the second. It's gotta be better when you are making a baby out of love and hot sex then methodical clinical predicted sex.
    LOL we call it the baby making bryon bay sex! We were on holidays at bryon when we concieved him. Some nights when DS is actually asleep by himself and I climb into what used to be our bed, DH will jokingly be like 'so quick before he wakes up sex or bryon bay baby making sex?

Thanks
    Reviews
    /$&
    Last edited by HOMS; 16-08-2012 at 22:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    LOL we call it the baby making bryon bay sex! We were on holidays at bryon when we concieved him. Some nights when DS is actually asleep by himself and I climb into what used to be our bed, DH will jokingly be like 'so quick before he wakes up sex or bryon bay baby making sex?
    Bah ha ha ha that's so funny!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HOMS View Post
    Aw, thanks for the welcome ladies.

DH probably knows a bit too much but then he educates me too and it really opens your eyes to how much risk is involved in the whole process from TTC to birth. I think people think once they conceive (if they can) and then get past 12 weeks then it is all smooth sailing but that is so not true.
    Oh share any knowledge he has! I'm so fascinated by the whole process. It's quite amazing.

It's my one big fear...not knowing if I'm going to be able to concieve easily or not. I can deal with the fear of the unknown with childbirth and pregnancy but for some reason Its always in the back of my mind my ability to actually fall pregnant. It could have something to do with the fact that ALL the ladies I work with are travelling down the IVF road! Every. Single. One! So all I hear is doom and gloom and they share stories of how it's so important to start a family ASAP and they should never have waited and they never thought it was going to be hard etc etc. it stresses me out!

Its a hard choice between your two home options HOMS... I'd love to renovate but it's could be hard with a bub, a rebuild could be a little easier and a lower mortgage sounds nice... Tough decision!! Option 2 does seem like a good choice.

Ive been hanging out with little kids recently and they are great little kids, really cute and not annoying and they make me want my own soo much! I just keep thinking 2013 isn't far away... It'll be Christmas before we know it then come January 2013 I'll kick up the fitness and dieting then April I'll come off the pill and learn about how my body operates without artificial hormones ( that'll be interesting) then (hopefully) before I know it bam it will be mid year and it'll be baby making time

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP and I are looking to start trying feb - April. Wow it's great to have a group that are all having the same thoughts. I'm hoping to take the stress less approach but because I have already had fertility issues I'm a little anxious.
    DP announced this week that if we don't get our loan to by our house we will still conceive as we live in a house owned by his boss. Now that was a relief!!!