Closed Thread
Page 49 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Name: LilNightmareMonth: December 2012/January 2013State: nswPregnancy: firstAge: 23

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    In reply to worries about pain relief, in my 1 experience with labor you kind of go into a zone
    Oooh, it sounds very "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

J

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    So ladies as our thread has grown and I thought I'd start a list of who's here and when your magic month in 2013 will be! Add your details below....

Name: Disney
    Month: may 2013
    Pregnancy number: first
    state: NSW (Sydney)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    In reply to worries about pain relief, in my 1 experience with labor you kind of go into a zone, and time seems to fly. You just concentrate on what you are doing. I had gas though. As for spewing with gas, my midwife said when I spewed that your body can only do one thing when it is in labour and that is be in labor! Luckly I was in the spa I didn't even really notice it.
    Thank you so much for responding !! I have wanted to hear positive stories about gas and labour and yours sounds not horrid!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to the doc's this morning, and she did a blood test, the Doctor rang me this arvo and blood test was negative, so I am definitely not utd. My cycles have somehow just got themselves all out of wack! If af does not arrive in the next 2 weeks she wants me to go back. She thinks my cycles may have got off track by me missing some pills last month.

So DH and I decided tonight that if my cycle can go so wrong from just missing a few pills then what the hell is it going to do when I actually stop the pill???? So we decided that I am not going to continue to take it at all, and have now officially stopped altogether, so that my cycles can sort themselves out before we ttc.

We will still use some form of contraception over the next few months (not sure what yet, maybe just monitoring fertile times and not dtd in that window?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    I went to the doc's this morning, and she did a blood test, the Doctor rang me this arvo and blood test was negative, so I am definitely not utd. My cycles have somehow just got themselves all out of wack! If af does not arrive in the next 2 weeks she wants me to go back. She thinks my cycles may have got off track by me missing some pills last month.

So DH and I decided tonight that if my cycle can go so wrong from just missing a few pills then what the hell is it going to do when I actually stop the pill???? So we decided that I am not going to continue to take it at all, and have now officially stopped altogether, so that my cycles can sort themselves out before we ttc.

We will still use some form of contraception over the next few months (not sure what yet, maybe just monitoring fertile times and not dtd in that window?)
    Wow that's crazy that missing a few pills could do that to you. It's probably best to stop taking them and let your body get back to normal, hopefully its just a one off and your cycles go back to normal quickly. Are condoms not an option??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Wow that's crazy that missing a few pills could do that to you. It's probably best to stop taking them and let your body get back to normal, hopefully its just a one off and your cycles go back to normal quickly. Are condoms not an option??
    Yeah, they are but we both agree that they are a pita! I would rather take our chances with withdrawal, I would definitely not be upset if we had an 'accident'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone and welcome to the new posters! I've been keeping up on the thread through email updates, but haven't had time to post in a while.

I've been MIA for a little while. I was a bit sick a few weeks ago and then have spent a couple solid weeks at work catching up.

I had some sort of virus, Dr couldn't really say what, I was just really exhausted for a week but didn't have many other symptoms. Only reason I went to the Dr at all was because I fainted. I'd never fainted before and it was pretty scary. Dr did a lot of tests since it'd never happened before but all came back good except the blood test showed I had a viral infection.

Anyway it was quite handy in the end because I got to ask about my blood test and preparing to ttc. Dr said I only need to take folic acid not a prenatal vitamin. All other levels were good and my iron level was perfect. So yes handy! Don't think I'll bother getting another test done before ttc in March, surely nothing much will change

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good idea Disney!

Name: Tashee

Month: March 2013 (as long as dp doesn't change his mind again)
    Pregnancy:first
    State: SA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Yeah, they are but we both agree that they are a pita! I would rather take our chances with withdrawal, I would definitely not be upset if we had an 'accident'
    Yep we always just take our chances with withdrawal too if we ever need to be more careful (missed pills, antibiotics). I think it's fine as long as you're in a position where an accident would be ok (or welcome in my case hehe!).

DP started a discussion about ttc again on the weekend talking about putting it off until 2014 because now he wants to go on another trip to south america this time! I didn't give in, he was the one who said March 2013 was the right time and I said I'm not waiting. I told him I'll be stopping the pill in Feb 2013 and then contraception is up to him if he doesn't want a baby haha! He's too lazy and hates condoms so that'll be as good as actively ttc haha! But seriously, I'm sure he'll be happy with March 2013 once the travel bug is out of his system after our Europe trip.