Closed Thread
Page 48 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow Disney, that is so unlucky for your mum and aunty, looking at the statistics nomie found. How terrible!

I have thought about pain relief and discussed it with some mummy friends, and I think I will just take it as it comes, depending how I cope at the time. I would prefer to just use gas (will prob make me vomit too, i have a really weak stomach) but if the pain got too much I would have an epi. I would prefer not to, because I think that I would like to be up moving about and able to have a shower not long after birth, and if I have had an epi that might not be possible.

I had to have a lumbar puncture last year because the hospital thought i might have meningitis! and it was HORRIBLE, after all the drugs and local anesthetic wore off my back where the needle went into my spinal cord was so sore!
    which also makes me want to avoid an epi, but people assure me that an epi needle is not as bad as a lumbar puncture one.

I do know that I definitely want to avoid pethidine, or anything like it though.

MrsLa - god your AF dramas sound terrible. I hope your appointment on Monday pulls up some positive outcomes. I fear the day I ever have to experience a bad period!!
    It is terrible at the moment, which is what is so frustrating! all my life my periods have never been a drama, no pain, arriving at the same time each month, nothing! now my whole body is falling apart

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Wow Disney, that is so unlucky for your mum and aunty, looking at the statistics nomie found. How terrible!

I have thought about pain relief and discussed it with some mummy friends, and I think I will just take it as it comes, depending how I cope at the time. I would prefer to just use gas (will prob make me vomit too, i have a really weak stomach) but if the pain got too much I would have an epi. I would prefer not to, because I think that I would like to be up moving about and able to have a shower not long after birth, and if I have had an epi that might not be possible.

I had to have a lumbar puncture last year because the hospital thought i might have meningitis! and it was HORRIBLE, after all the drugs and local anesthetic wore off my back where the needle went into my spinal cord was so sore!
    which also makes me want to avoid an epi, but people assure me that an epi needle is not as bad as a lumbar puncture one.

I do know that I definitely want to avoid pethidine, or anything like it though.

It is terrible at the moment, which is what is so frustrating! all my life my periods have never been a drama, no pain, arriving at the same time each month, nothing! now my whole body is falling apart
    Oh that's so terrible you had to experience a lumbar puncture. It seems like a horribly painful procedure! Yeah Im with you on the pethidine! I suppose we just gotta focus on the fact we get a super cute baby at the end of it! I cannot wait to get that baby!! Not long now....

For good results from your trip to the doctors tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    I do know that I definitely want to avoid pethidine, or anything like it though...

Agreed! I'm not keen on anything that affects the baby.
    Have you POAS recently? Still got the BFN?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    ...I suppose we just gotta focus on the fact we get a super cute baby at the end of it! I cannot wait to get that baby!! Not long now...
    You are so close to starting your planning! Just out of curiosity, when is everyone in this thread going to start TTC? And how many of us are there? I'm worried because I won't be starting for a long while yet, I'll end up all by myself in this thread. But I'm sure others will join.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    Agreed! I'm not keen on anything that affects the baby.
    Have you POAS recently? Still got the BFN?
    You are so close to starting your planning! Just out of curiosity, when is everyone in this thread going to start TTC? And how many of us are there? I'm worried because I won't be starting for a long while yet, I'll end up all by myself in this thread. But I'm sure others will join.

Yesterday morning, and yes still bfn, I don't think I can be utd, 7 days after af due and still bfn. I just think my body is having some sort of meltdown lol
    Hopefully the doc can shine some light on the situation tomorrow.

We will be officially starting to ttc either when we buy a new house. (not waiting for settlement though) OR if our house doesn't sell by around December, we will take it off the market and begin ttc then. We just need to wait and see what happens.

When are you starting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    I wouldn't worry at all, as you said others will join and at the start of the year I'll start a 2013 is here! It's our year thread and roll this into that!

We are starting in may! Actually I should start a list!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Whats your month?

So ladies as our thread has grown and I thought I'd start a list of who's here and when your magic month in 2013 will be! Add your details below....

Name: Disney
    Month: may 2013
    Pregnancy number: first
    state: NSW (Sydney)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great idea Disney. Name: MrsLAMonth: Dec 2012 ( if house doesn't sell) OR first few months of 2013 (if house sells soon)Pregnancy: first State: Victoria (Melbourne) I'm also going to addAge: 29

Thanks
    Reviews
    name: Trio
    month: May
    Pregnancy:2nd
    State: NSW

Thanks
    Reviews
    In reply to worries about pain relief, in my 1 experience with labor you kind of go into a zone, and time seems to fly. You just concentrate on what you are doing. I had gas though. As for spewing with gas, my midwife said when I spewed that your body can only do one thing when it is in labour and that is be in labor! Luckly I was in the spa I didn't even really notice it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Name : Nomie
    Month: October
    Pregnancy : 1st
    State: TAS