Closed Thread
Page 47 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's not good at all. If that was me I would see a doctor? Especially if it's not normal and you are about to TTC. I've also downloaded a few apps, but I won't start using them until I'm off the pill. Not much changes from month to month for me at the moment
    Yeah, Ive got a doctors appointment for first thing Monday morning.
    The reason I know I am SO regular, is because of the apps. I also used them to track when I was getting some symptoms like headaches and nausea, which is what made me realise that the headaches that i was frequently getting were hormonal, so they have been really helpful for a few reasons.

I also had a really bad period last month.
    I had HORRIBLE cramps, and nausea, so bad that I spent 2 days on the couch with a blanket and movies, and was really, really heavy.
    I was getting woken up through the night because the cramping was so terrible.
    So I went to the doc last month to make sure that this was ok, and she checked everything out and gave me some pain killers for this month, I was expecting it to be bad again!! So I think that there is something NQR at the moment. Hopefully its nothing major!

Im also having trouble with using my phone, that my subscribed threads keep disappearing for some reason I was not subscribed to this thread, and had to actually go and look for it! is anyone else having the same problem?

Nomie, I'm currently looking through our 2000+ wedding photos trying to find a good shot of our candles! Ill post it when I find one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney, I just found this! for last Sunday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found One!
    candles.jpg

These where what we gave to our guests as thank you's
    For decorations, we just used bigger versions of this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsLA, they look lovely. What a great idea! Hope everything goes well at the doctors on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsLa - god your AF dramas sound terrible. I hope your appointment on Monday pulls up some positive outcomes. I fear the day I ever have to experience a bad period!!

Nomie - your wedding plans sound amazing!! I loved my wedding day so much, it was SO much fun!

On a different topic, I had always been a big hater of epidurals growing up because my mum had an epidural with me (I was a c section - I was breech and she has a teeny tiny pelvis) and it had bad side effects. The doctor hit a nerve and caused permanent damage to her leg, she can't walk properly, she can walk just not very well.

As time has gone by and I have started to face the fact that I will have to squeeze a giant baby out of my argh small space and I have started to think epis are a god send and then just recently I declared I was going to have an epi and there was no changing my mind and I was most certainly not going to utter a word of it to my mother, I figured doctors are better trained and technology and medical advancements would take the risk out of it.

Then today I got a call from my mother giving me an update on my aunt who is suffering from severe back pain, my aunt had tried all types of pain meds and nothing worked so the doctor suggested an epi for some relief while they run more tests and she took it. The doctor hit a nerve and she has no control over her bladder and Bowels and will spend the rest of her life with a colostomy bag!

So now I'm freaking out about not having an epi (there is no chance in hell ill have one after my mum and now my aunt) and I'm going to have to have a baby and feel it and oh my gosh it is really scaring the hell out of me and now every time I have a happy baby thought it is very quickly followed by a horrible painful baby birthing thought. How do I get over this fear??????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney, that really scares me too! I've just declared to DF "Even if I'm in heaps of pain and demand an epi, don't let me get one!" Until now I've always thought I'll get a light epi just to take the edge off contractions while I could still feel what was happening. I also thought that doctors would be better at it now. Obviously not. That is not a risk I'd like to take. I'd rather endure birth pains. I had in my mind I'd like to deliver on all fours as opposed to lying on your back (I hear gravity helps make it easier and you are less likely to tear). I'm sure there are other pain relief methods we could use? I was talking to my mum the other night. She didn't use any pain relief for any of her four births! Not even gas. If she can do it I figure I can (hopefully I've inherited her pain tolerance!) I have a funny feeling I would hate gas and it would make me vomit. Disney, have you thought of water births at all? Women have survived for years without pain relief. I don't know if that helps at all? Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow - I guess when they are in there in your back there are things that can go wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    Disney, that really scares me too! I've just declared to DF "Even if I'm in heaps of pain and demand an epi, don't let me get one!" Until now I've always thought I'll get a light epi just to take the edge off contractions while I could still feel what was happening. I also thought that doctors would be better at it now. Obviously not. That is not a risk I'd like to take. I'd rather endure birth pains. I had in my mind I'd like to deliver on all fours as opposed to lying on your back (I hear gravity helps make it easier and you are less likely to tear). I'm sure there are other pain relief methods we could use? I was talking to my mum the other night. She didn't use any pain relief for any of her four births! Not even gas. If she can do it I figure I can (hopefully I've inherited her pain tolerance!) I have a funny feeling I would hate gas and it would make me vomit. Disney, have you thought of water births at all? Women have survived for years without pain relief. I don't know if that helps at all? Haha.
    Its funny you say you think the gas will make you vomit, I think the same thing. I suppose it's not something I will know until I get there. I have thought of water births but I know the private hospitals in my area don't do them. I suppose I'll just have to wait and hope for the best and start researching options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Its funny you say you think the gas will make you vomit, I think the same thing. I suppose it's not something I will know until I get there. I have thought of water births but I know the private hospitals in my area don't do them. I suppose I'll just have to wait and hope for the best and start researching options.
    I've just looked up the pros and cons of epidurals and other pain relief. Another website said this about epis: "There's a very small risk of nerve damage leaving you with a numb patch on your leg or foot, or a weak leg. This rarely happens. The risk is a about one in 1,000 for temporary nerve damage and one in 13,000 for permanent damage." I don't know about you, but that makes me feel a bit better about epis. Your mum and Aunty seem to both be the unlucky "one in 13,000". Doesn't seem fair does it. But I did also read that patients with existing back problems are higher risk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    I've just looked up the pros and cons of epidurals and other pain relief. Another website said this about epis: "There's a very small risk of nerve damage leaving you with a numb patch on your leg or foot, or a weak leg. This rarely happens. The risk is a about one in 1,000 for temporary nerve damage and one in 13,000 for permanent damage." I don't know about you, but that makes me feel a bit better about epis. Your mum and Aunty seem to both be the unlucky "one in 13,000". Doesn't seem fair does it. But I did also read that patients with existing back problems are higher risk.
    Yeah they are extremely Unlucky! It's not a dice I think I want to roll anymore!