Closed Thread
Page 41 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie77 View Post
    We really are all over the place. I too understand about feeling happy but also frastrated and even a little jealous with friends who are expecting.

It was devastating last year when one of my friends who I felt this way about had many complications with her pregnancy and her bub at 22 weeks. He lived for about an hour. It really brought it into perspective. I can't for a second imagine what she felt. It's so important to support our dearest through good and bad. Our time will come when it's right.
    So True, and so very well put. I will always support my mates, but it is really good to remember. really puts things into perspective
    Last edited by MrsLA; 10-09-2012 at 20:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    This weekend we spent putting up a new back fence. Its been a long process and we got it really high to block out the annoying neighbours behind us. except that those annoying neighbours moved out and a really nice mum of 4 moved in. We have been having big chats over the old broken fence every afternoon when we would bring our washing in. Now the new fence is so high I can only just see the top of her washing line. I am going to have to put a stump at the fence so we can still chat! It feels so werid to be blocking out a friend like that.
    At the moment it is only halfway across the back yard, and with the old fence gone all her bottle fed lambs have been playing in our yard. so cute! I hope we still chat. Its lovely having a friend next door!
    It is so great when you have good neighbors. We loved our old neighbors, and got along so well (they have become great friends even though they are not next door anymore) But they moved out about 10 months ago, now there is a family of really strange people living there.
    They are ok though, don't do anything to P*$$ us off but just are not friendly.
    You might have to actually go around the fence to have a coffee and catch up

Is up the duff just a fun read or is it useful as well??
    I was so intrigued by this, that I just brought it off Ebay, so i will let you know lol! was a total bargain $5.50 and its just down the road from me, so I will pick it up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    It is so great when you have good neighbors. We loved our old neighbors, and got along so well (they have become great friends even though they are not next door anymore) But they moved out about 10 months ago, now there is a family of really strange people living there.
    They are ok though, don't do anything to P*$$ us off but just are not friendly.
    You might have to actually go around the fence to have a coffee and catch up

I was so intrigued by this, that I just brought it off Ebay, so i will let you know lol! was a total bargain $5.50 and its just down the road from me, so I will pick it up
    Wow $5.50 is so cheap!! It was like $45 in dymocks... I don't really know our neighbors very well, I certainly wouldn't know them by name. I live n an apartment building so it's more like small chat in the lift every now and again... I kinda wish we did have a better relationship with our neighbors...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys, it's been super quite around here how is everyone going? How are everyone's baby levels? I'm at my wits end with work at the moment and I'm starting to wish for a baby not because I want one but so I have an out from work! Terrible I know!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Hey guys, it's been super quite around here how is everyone going? How are everyone's baby levels? I'm at my wits end with work at the moment and I'm starting to wish for a baby not because I want one but so I have an out from work! Terrible I know!!!
    Lmao. I have had this exact same thought at times.min saying that I work with kids so I'm like at least if I just had mine I can discipline it properly. Some of the methods we have to use in the centre I find bs really. No shouting no saying no or don't silly really, how are they meant to learn boundaries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Baby levels are very high! I think it is the warm weather. I have 9 months till TTC. Seems short when I type it but its the same length of a pregnancy and I was pregnant forever last time!
    If we were TTC when I wanted to start we could be pregnant now. Stupid thyroid/license/DH/lack of a period.
    I have started trying to wean DS off a few night feeds, so far so good he is only having two, but still waking up every 2hrs. Hopefully he will figure out he is not being fed and start to sleep a bit longer. I find myself through the day trying to figure out how I will do stuff around the house with DS and a newbie. I guess I will figure it out when I have too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    Lmao. I have had this exact same thought at times.min saying that I work with kids so I'm like at least if I just had mine I can discipline it properly. Some of the methods we have to use in the centre I find bs really. No shouting no saying no or don't silly really, how are they meant to learn boundaries.
    I did too!

I didn't realise you had to follow the parents methods. I would have thought that a centre would have there own ploicy and if the parents wern't happy they would take there kids elsewhere. That makes it so hard for you!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

I did too!

I didn't realise you had to follow the parents methods. I would have thought that a centre would have there own ploicy and if the parents wern't happy they would take there kids elsewhere. That makes it so hard for you!
    No that's not really parents methods that's most centers policy because our framework & regulations basically tell us that's how we have to react. IMO I think it's a bit to airy fairy, I mean don't get me wrong I don't want to smack or yell and scream so kids are scared of me but I mean saying no never hurt anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha I find it so funny when you see parents trying to reason with a 2 year old and express themselves like "billy I feel you are being naughty why are you doing this, is mummy ignoring you, is there something I'm not providing, tell me and I'll fix it" ha good luck lady! Billy is being naughty cuz you have no control and he is hyped up on sugar!

Lilnightmare I agree with you 'no' never hurt anyone! A co worker got yelled at by a parent the other day because the kid was jumping on the leather sofas at work and digging his nails into them and she went and asked the kid to stop as the leather sofa are not his to destroy and the parent went mental! She didn't raise her voice at the child and didn't touch him just stood back and asked him to cease his behaviour. The parent said he is expressing his Creativity and how dare she squash that!

Oh and the worst one we have had was a kid who took a crap in one of the office pot plants and when my co worker yelled no stop at him the parent went ape because he was being 'naturally' toilet trained and at the moment he only does his business in nature and the the pot plant is nature and if he has any lapses in his training she will be writing a formal letter of complaint! She then refused to clean the sh!t out of the pot plant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby levels are very high! I think it is the warm weather. I have 9 months till TTC. Seems short when I type it but its the same length of a pregnancy and I was pregnant forever last time!
    If we were TTC when I wanted to start we could be pregnant now. Stupid thyroid/license/DH/lack of a period.
    I have started trying to wean DS off a few night feeds, so far so good he is only having two, but still waking up every 2hrs. Hopefully he will figure out he is not being fed and start to sleep a bit longer. I find myself through the day trying to figure out how I will do stuff around the house with DS and a newbie. I guess I will figure it out when I have too!
    9 months will go by so fast!! Waking up every 2 hours is horrible! Oh gosh!! When do kids sleep through the night??