Closed Thread
Page 40 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    Up the duff is a lot of fun! I laughed and cried through it! I got it planning to only read the week of pregnancy I was up too each week, but I read the whole thing in a few days. I really enjoyed it. I read a diary chapter out to DH in bed every week instead.
    Is up the duff just a fun read or is it useful as well??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Logan, just south of Brisbane. Where are all the other mums and mums2be from?

Im in South East Melbourne, we are all over the place!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Is up the duff just a fun read or is it useful as well??
    I think that it is a bit of both, I have not read it though so I might be totally wrong. Think that I will look into getting it though, as I have heard really good things from others also .

Whats everyone been up to this weekend? I have had a prety quiet one, nothing very exciting.
    This arvo we are going to catch up with some very close friends who are 15 weeks pregnant, and my feelings are so mixed! I really am so happy for them (they were trying for a long time) but I just keep thinking HURRY UP DH!! I WANT MY TURN!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found it useful. I also had 'What to expect when you are expecting' which I think probably had more information. but really all the stuff in the books is all on the web, and you get so much first hand experiance here. And then alot is just common sence. I borrowed 'up the duff' from the library but had to have my own copy I liked it so much. Probably because it had a lighter side! I have noticed alot of listings on ebay for both books second hand pretty cheap.
    We called DS cellsie like Kas cooke did before he was born. That was a mistake in hindsight. This next bub we are finding out the sex and using its earthside name before its born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Whats everyone been up to this weekend? I have had a prety quiet one, nothing very exciting.
    This arvo we are going to catch up with some very close friends who are 15 weeks pregnant, and my feelings are so mixed! I really am so happy for them (they were trying for a long time) but I just keep thinking HURRY UP DH!! I WANT MY TURN!!!
    We hosted a birthday party last night for my step dad which was fun! On Friday I had my epic baby day which lead to my DH and I writing out a serious baby budget (it made it easier after my research on Friday as we had real figures from the ob on how much that costs and also from Medicare). And today we are relaxing in the sun having bacon and egg rolls!!

I can totally understand how you feel mrs LA about being happy for friends but also having the feeling of are you serious when will it be me!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And today we are relaxing in the sun having bacon and egg rolls!!
    SUN, I miss sun feels like we have not had sun for so long! Roll on spring!

I saw that you had a massive day off the other day. Very productive, well done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have had quite a few fantastic days lately, I'm really enjoying this beautiful weather... Oh those of you who have had babies privately how much were your out of pocket expenses? The receptionist for the ob I want said it was between $2300 -$2500. That doesn't seem insane to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Whats on your wish list for big ticket items??
    I was looking at the Strider Plus like Trio and discovered the new Strider Compact. I want two bubs (preferrably not at the same time) but have yet to convince DP. These prams are good because they can take a travel system and add a second seat when the need arises. And of course the capsule to match. And upgrade to car seat will be the Safe n Sound Meridian AHR most likely. I have heard it has one of the best safety ratings.

I like the idea of the Miyo baby hammock in place of a bassinette and travel cot for when bub is still little.

For a cot, the Boori Urbane Byron or Grotime Rollover or Sleepover. This is one thing that won't be fully decided until I know the gender and where we will be living. We are in a two bed t/house now and will get a bigger place just before or just after bub is born.

I have decided on using MCN, just not sure what brand yet. They are so cute all the different designs, and so much better for the environment. They are also so much cheaper than disposables, especially if you can use them for a second child or sell them when you've finished using them.

There are also heaps of other things that I know I want/need but haven't decided on brand, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We really are all over the place. I too understand about feeling happy but also frastrated and even a little jealous with friends who are expecting.

It was devastating last year when one of my friends who I felt this way about had many complications with her pregnancy and her bub at 22 weeks. He lived for about an hour. It really brought it into perspective. I can't for a second imagine what she felt. It's so important to support our dearest through good and bad. Our time will come when it's right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie77 View Post
    We really are all over the place. I too understand about feeling happy but also frastrated and even a little jealous with friends who are expecting.

It was devastating last year when one of my friends who I felt this way about had many complications with her pregnancy and her bub at 22 weeks. He lived for about an hour. It really brought it into perspective. I can't for a second imagine what she felt. It's so important to support our dearest through good and bad. Our time will come when it's right.
    I agree completely. Very well said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This weekend we spent putting up a new back fence. Its been a long process and we got it really high to block out the annoying neighbours behind us. except that those annoying neighbours moved out and a really nice mum of 4 moved in. We have been having big chats over the old broken fence every afternoon when we would bring our washing in. Now the new fence is so high I can only just see the top of her washing line. I am going to have to put a stump at the fence so we can still chat! It feels so werid to be blocking out a friend like that.
    At the moment it is only halfway across the back yard, and with the old fence gone all her bottle fed lambs have been playing in our yard. so cute! I hope we still chat. Its lovely having a friend next door!