Closed Thread
Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ricepudding View Post
    Hi ladies! Mind if I join you?

Thank goodness I found this thread! I've spent a fair bit of time in the last week reading other TTC/pregnancy threads figuring that if I can't be doing either of those things, I'll just live vicariously. Sad really - this is a much better place for me!

DH and I have one DS, would love to have another, but just aren't in the right place financially and we live in a very small 2-bed house. We both wish we were able to TTC, but we're not. We don't want it to be the "right" or "perfect" time (no such thing), but do need a little more security.

I'm getting more and more clucky, am shocking when I hold babies (they bring tears to my eyes for goodness sake!), am WAY worse around ovulation. This isn't helped by the fact that my AF's are getting worse by the month - heavier, more painful etc. Last time this really happened I ended up at an endocrinologist who told me I was just in the fertile time of my life and it was by body's way of telling me it was "ready". Brilliant news then, but now making it harder!

I try to spend time around friends of mine who have 2 - they are so much busier than I am with one, and sometimes that's a good reality check. Only momentarily though.

I also record and watch A Baby Story (Foxtel) whenever I can. DH just chuckles and asks if I'm watching my "bubbas" again.

Looking forward to getting to know you all
    Welcome!!

How old is your little one?

A Baby story.. Oh gotta add that to my list! I'll have to download some episodes, I've watched one born every minute to death, all seasons, from the uk and the USA! I think I could recite them word for words LOL!

Do you have a time frame to when you think you will start?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SittingWaitingWishingX View Post
    DP and I have been together A little longer than two years. How about you guys?
    We have been together for 10 years, we got married this year (FINALLY). In the time we have been together I have watched each of my friends meet their husbands, get married AND have babies!!! Some of them are on to their second kid and I don't even have one!! But mind you we have travelled europe and the us extensively and bought our home and I suppose just done things at our own pace and we have different priorities I guess... It does make it hard because my friends and I are at different stages so it has put a lot of strain on our friendship. It made my hens a very early and non eventful having them either not drinking because they Are breast feeding or leaving at 6 pm to get home to put the kids to bed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney! Our little man in just over 2 and a hilarious, cheeky handful. I honestly don't know how I'd manage/amuse/keep up with him and be pregnant... but I wanna try it!

No idea when we'll be able to start. Both a good thing and a bad thing - it might be sooner than we think, but... maybe not too.

Just trying to enjoy every minute of DS for now! We're so very lucky to have him, so I need to count my blessings. I just keep reading in other threads about other ppl who had one easly and then really struggle with no 2. Scary. Think I need to try to get out of my own head!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney

FWIW, I had a winter baby first time around. You can get lots of warm clothes, polar fleece onsies and things, so its easy enough to keep bub warm.

I would have been nice if it was more inviting outside - I may have got out more in the early days, but honestly I found the early weeks so different (in a good way) and, at times, overwhelming that I barely noticed the weather.

You never know how long it could take to conceive - my thoughts are to focus more on conceiving a happy, healthy bub whenever you're lucky enough to be able to, and going with the flow weather/season wise. Whatever happens timing-wise, you'll make it work.
    Thanks for the advice !! Yeah I have been focusing on the time of year I would like them born which I think could put a lot of pressure on us if it doesn't work out the way I hope...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney! Our little man in just over 2 and a hilarious, cheeky handful. I honestly don't know how I'd manage/amuse/keep up with him and be pregnant... but I wanna try it!

I just keep reading in other threads about other ppl who had one easly and then really struggle with no 2. Scary. Think I need to try to get out of my own head!
    Oh 2 is a cute age! They really start to show personality and they can think for themselves which is great to watch.

I really think our minds can be our worst enemy. I often find myself worrying about things that are beyond my control!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    I too am a science nerd! Environmental science focusing on freshwater ecology. Wow a chem phD is a fantastic effort! I started my phD soon after i finished my masters but ran out of funding and got sidetracked and took a huge career change. I'm now in educational events LOL.
    Yay for scientists! lol

Thanks too for the winter baby reassurance ricepudding, I'd just been thinking about this lately, as it's been ridiculously cold lately and DP and I sleep under 2 doonas - I'm already stressing about how to keep a baby warm!

I hadn't replied for a few days because wanting to TTC has (for once) not been a huge focus, it's been a stressful week with stupid fights with DP and stupid mistakes in my research. And to make things ever so much worse, uni results came out today and were not good. So DP will be at uni (and without income, not even centrelink) even longer than expected
    And now I've been questioning our whole relationship, I don't know whether we're just having a normal rough patch at the moment (the inevitable end of the honeymoon period!) or it's all a sign that we're really not a good couple.
    Bleurgh...

Anyway, hope everyone else is having a much better week!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

ricepudding  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Baburun View Post
    Yay for scientists! lol
    I hadn't replied for a few days because wanting to TTC has (for once) not been a huge focus, it's been a stressful week with stupid fights with DP and stupid mistakes in my research. And to make things ever so much worse, uni results came out today and were not good. So DP will be at uni (and without income, not even centrelink) even longer than expected
    And now I've been questioning our whole relationship, I don't know whether we're just having a normal rough patch at the moment (the inevitable end of the honeymoon period!) or it's all a sign that we're really not a good couple.
    Bleurgh...

Anyway, hope everyone else is having a much better week!

Oh hugs to you!! That's terrible! Financial troubles are so hard on relationships and place so pressure and strain on them. I hope you guys can work through it all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    /$&
    Last edited by HOMS; 16-08-2012 at 22:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HOMS View Post
    Hi ladies. Just wondering if I can join. I have been absent from BH for a while due to your exact issue Disney - too much obsessing about when we can TTC. We were all set to go this year and then things came up and we have put it off till next year so i dropped off the BH radar. I am thinking June/July 2013 would be a good time to start (or perhaps even May) as I would like an early in the year baby. My DH and I got married last year and ever since that day I have had baby on the brain. We were together for 4.5 years before that and nothing. I am 31 (just turned in June) and DH is 30 in September. I don't want to be older than 32 when we start TTC as it concerns me the added risks and lessening fertility and we want two kids.Anyway, we are hoping to sell our place and buy a block and build in the next 18 months to 2 years so that we can bring a bub into a house that is nice and cosy. Disney - on birthing options I think you have to decide what is right for you and ultimately also be open to the fact that things NEVER go to plan. Medical intervention is sometimes necessary whether we like it or not and other times we can't have the medical intervention because things happen too quickly. My DH is a midwife so I get all the info! I am a teacher by the way.
    Hey Homs!
    Welcome to our little chat group! That must have been hard to be all set and ready to TTC and then have to alter the plans! Its not too far away now (next year)!! This year seems to be flying by... For me anyway.

I was considering an early in the year baby too (a little because im so desperate to have one ) but I was thinking about when they go to school and what age to start them (one of the many things I ponder, including future holidays when the kids are much older.. Taking them to Disneyland etc LOL). I think march April would be nice months to have a bub... Feb and jan I think would be difficult and too close to Christmas. Does anyone else consider things like this or am I really over thinking? LOL

We have kind of similar stories! It's nice to know there are others out there!

Your DH is a midwife! That's gotta be great for you when it comes time to have the baby!! Are you going to get him to deliver your baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Oh hugs to you!! That's terrible! Financial troubles are so hard on relationships and place so pressure and strain on them. I hope you guys can work through it all!
    Thanks Disney, it was nice to have a little mini vent and have someone offer virtual hugs!

It was super tense for a couple more days but we finally sat down this afternoon and had a good talk about everything, and our future and commitment to each other and TTC next year! So that's a huge relief and pretty exciting
    (heh, I've never had the opportunity to use this emoticon before!)

And welcome HOMS, it's always nice to hear from other people in the stuck waiting position. ...I think I torture myself a little by spending so much on BH, where everyone is TTC/pregnant/has children already.
    As Disney said, that must have sucked to have to delay plans, I would have gone crazy. I hope everything goes smoothly for you from now on!
    I can't imagine being married to a midwife, it'd be great to have a partner who's so involved and informed about the whole baby thing. I don't think my DP knows anything about babies and birth... (but he'll probably surprise me if the time ever comes!)
    Do you teach primary or high school or something else?