Closed Thread
Page 38 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013 is so far away!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie77 View Post
    Hi all. I hope it's ok if I jump on here. My partner and I are planning on trying to conceive in early 2013. I have a 7 and a half year old son from a previous relationship, so this will be my second child and my partners first. I am excited and scared at the same time. I was 18 when I had my first and it has been a large gap. My first pregnancy was a dream and a fairly easy uneventful labour, so am a little worried that the next will be the opposite.
    I feel like I have been waiting for this for so long now, the last few months seem to be agonising. Does anyone else find that the closer it gets, the harder it is to wait?
    Hi and welcome Carrie 77
    Definitely agree the closer it is the more impatient I become. I'm ready yesterday, just waiting for dh to be completely on board!
    I curb my obsession by looking into what baby stuff I want to buy when the time comes. I was just looking at prams (again) originally I wanted a strider plus but just saw they now have a strider compact
    Also just discovered peg perego skate which looks pretty amazing. Will have to suss it out in the shops though.

Where are you from?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsLA For This Useful Post:

Carrie77  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    Wow... this is beginning to feel more and more REAL! I'm going through the budget - should be doing uni though oops. Decided that we need to save $6k minimum for this baby - then we can pay the midwife and buy some basics.

Figure I'm assuming budget over 12 months - but really we will most likely be a bit longer as we probably aren't looking at trying til Feb/March, which is 5-6 months away. In that time I'll get 2x $1000 payments for studying, 1 x $820 payment for the schoolkids bonus, we'll have the tax return if we need it, but don't want to assume we'll use it as we have always had things come up that must be paid from it in the past. I'm hoping to save about $160 out of the budget each month... so all those little things seem to be adding up to almost $5k! So I really only have to find another $100-150 a month, which I do think we'll be able to do just by selling stuff and watching our spending.

Must say - bit of a relief now that I have the numbers worked out, I was thinking, holy moly, $6k!
    6k does sound like a lot but now you have a figure to work to it tillbe easier. Good job on doing your budgets!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Although all these years with no 'accident' is what worries me about maybe not being able to fall pregnant
    ?
    I have the same fear!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. I hope it's ok if I jump on here. My partner and I are planning on trying to conceive in early 2013. I have a 7 and a half year old son from a previous relationship, so this will be my second child and my partners first. I am excited and scared at the same time. I was 18 when I had my first and it has been a large gap. My first pregnancy was a dream and a fairly easy uneventful labour, so am a little worried that the next will be the opposite.
    I feel like I have been waiting for this for so long now, the last few months seem to be agonising. Does anyone else find that the closer it gets, the harder it is to wait?
    Welcome!!!
    We have a few early 2013 triers here!! And yep the closer it gets the harder it is to wait! Your 7 year old will be a great help when ur new one comes along! Do you this he/she will be excited or do you think it will be a slight shock having to share you with a new bub?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone else find that the closer it gets, the harder it is to wait?
    Hi Carrie!

YES! Two nights ago DH and I managed to get DS asleep by himself, so we had a chance to DTD. We are fooling around when it is time to get a condom. (I hate those things!) We realised the only had two left and one was outside in the car, the other in DH's wallet that he had left at work. We in the moment decided to risk it, but after a bit it just got too scary, and we decided to risk waking DS up instead when DH went out to get the thing. Luckly he didn't wake up. I remember saying 'would two kids be so bad' to convince DH, which it did, but it also freaked me out!
    The next day I had an appointment with my thyroid doctor, my levels are down and he has to up the thyroxine I take. He says we still have to wait till netx year for anymore kids. So that brought me back to earth. We were so very nearly ready lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    Hi Carrie!

We realised the only had two left and one was outside in the car, the other in DH's wallet that he had left at work.
    Reading this back it sounds really sus but, we had been away for a wedding on the weekend and we were hoping to slip away from the reception for a bit if someone was watching DS!

Reading this back I realise all this is way too much information!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reading this back it sounds really sus but, we had been away for a wedding on the weekend and we were hoping to slip away from the reception for a bit if someone was watching DS!

Reading this back I realise all this is way too much information!
    ha ha ha not too much information at all. Your a mum, you do what you have to do to get sexy time with your husband! LOL!! It eye opening to us mums to be, this is what we have to look forward to. It sounds like it would be sexy/fun to have to sneak around LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Carrie77 - seems we're a similar age and my eldest is the same age as your son. Welcome

I'm sooo pleased the budget is sorted, and going by figures we should be able to save a bit more - figure anything that I can buy before the baby is born rather than waiting til after will be fantastic. Figure we're going with a private midwife and that alone is $4k. And everything else just adds up so quick! Though I am hoping to get things heaps cheaper by using gumtree etc - I've had great luck with that site before!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Hi Carrie!

YES! Two nights ago DH and I managed to get DS asleep by himself, so we had a chance to DTD. We are fooling around when it is time to get a condom. (I hate those things!) We realised the only had two left and one was outside in the car, the other in DH's wallet that he had left at work. We in the moment decided to risk it, but after a bit it just got too scary, and we decided to risk waking DS up instead when DH went out to get the thing. Luckly he didn't wake up. I remember saying 'would two kids be so bad' to convince DH, which it did, but it also freaked me out!
    The next day I had an appointment with my thyroid doctor, my levels are down and he has to up the thyroxine I take. He says we still have to wait till netx year for anymore kids. So that brought me back to earth. We were so very nearly ready lol!
    Aghhh! Just read this and it made me realize that I have forgotten my pill AGAIN today!!
    Ive missed a couple over the last week and not been stressed as have not dtd. But dtd last night and according to cm and slight cramps I think I ovulated wednesday! (if I was on the computer crazy hyper emote would be here)

I keep forgetting because it usually sits on my dresser but with house for sale I've been putting it in my top drawer and don't see it do don't remember it!
    As much as I would love to be utd if it happens I would be a little freaked out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Aghhh! Just read this and it made me realize that I have forgotten my pill AGAIN today!!
    Ive missed a couple over the last week and not been stressed as have not dtd. But dtd last night and according to cm and slight cramps I think I ovulated wednesday! (if I was on the computer crazy hyper emote would be here)

I keep forgetting because it usually sits on my dresser but with house for sale I've been putting it in my top drawer and don't see it do don't remember it!
    As much as I would love to be utd if it happens I would be a little freaked out
    Do you ovulate when your on the pill??