Closed Thread
Page 37 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    She made it very clear to have fun with trying for a baby and don't stress about the baby part as stress levels and hormones can effect our chances.
    I reckon this is very important! After my first few cycles trying for DS I started stressing. I went on holiday to recharge and thats when we fell. This time I am promising myself not to stress, no testing till AF is atleast a few days late.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashee View Post
    Might be a weird question but those of you who have had babies, did you make a lot of noise? Like screaming and yelling? Everyone on shows like OBEM make a lot of noise. I'm a very quiet person and I'd feel so self-conscious yelling. Maybe I won't care/notice when the time comes but I really think I'm going to be self-conscious about it haha!

Trio - I really like the sound of a spa bath for birth. I find water very calming. Does anyone know whether most hospitals have this option?
    When thr drip started my contractions they came hard and fast. I was saying very loudly 'I can't do this' and aaarrhhh ing. In the spa I didn't make a peep except for splashing as a contraction came to distract my self from it. Pushing I kept calling out fairly loudly 'I need to do a poo' which is highly embarrasing but the doctor and the midwife didn't care. Then there was lots of laughing and giggling as DS was placed on my chest! I was like hamij totally naked, after having my waters broken the waters kept dripping out so pants were just wet and uncomfy, and I was in the spa so naked for that. I remember just as I had started pushing the doctor arrived and I was sprawled all over the bed, in a kind of laying squat with my arms above my head. His first comment was 'well that looks comfy!'
    Then later, with learning to breastfeed I would just take my whole shirt of so I could see what the attachment was like without fluffing about with getting a shirt out of the way. It dosn't faze anyone. Except visitors!

A few nights after DS was born I was walking him too sleep out in the hall, and I could hear a woman in labor calling out 'get it out' I just smiled, so glad that wasn't me in there! Then I realsied the whole ward probably knows that I mixed up giving birth and having a crap. even more embarrasing.

Tashee, I think we are pretty lucky to have a spa being a regional town. I would think in bigger newer hospitals they would be pretty standard. I couldn't imagine labor without a spa or hot bath to float in. I think a hot shower would be okay too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    I wish I'd waited a bit longer before starting a family. But now I've got it, I wouldn't have it any other way.
    LOL I wish I had started earlier!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    Yeah was happy I didn't need any boosters however needles don't phase me. I sit there and watch them go in. In saying that I have several tattoos and piercings too so I think I'm used to them lol

I got tested for cmv. All Childcare workers are at higher risk for it however it's only potentially threatening for babies if you haven't had it before. Most ppl have had it and not realized though. It wasn't something she was going to test for, I requested it. I'd rather know if I've had it or not before i fall pregnant and know if i can or can't work in the baby room anymore.
    Wow. 13 years in early childhood and I have never heard of that! Been googling it and I can't believe I've not heard of it!!!! Totally blown away! I think I would also like to know if I've had it before ttc I don't assume it was part of my pre conception tests so I'll have to rememberer to ask about it next time im at the doc
    Thanks for the info

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first at 17 lol.

I birthed at Royal North Shore for my 2 - they only had spas in the birthing suite at the time, and you could only birth in there if you were low risk, and you had enough spots.

Our local hospital doesn't have baths. BUT I'll be using a birth pool at home. Just need to work out what to do about our hot water, as it doesn't last very long. I'm thinking lots of big pots on the stove.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow... this is beginning to feel more and more REAL! I'm going through the budget - should be doing uni though oops. Decided that we need to save $6k minimum for this baby - then we can pay the midwife and buy some basics.

Figure I'm assuming budget over 12 months - but really we will most likely be a bit longer as we probably aren't looking at trying til Feb/March, which is 5-6 months away. In that time I'll get 2x $1000 payments for studying, 1 x $820 payment for the schoolkids bonus, we'll have the tax return if we need it, but don't want to assume we'll use it as we have always had things come up that must be paid from it in the past. I'm hoping to save about $160 out of the budget each month... so all those little things seem to be adding up to almost $5k! So I really only have to find another $100-150 a month, which I do think we'll be able to do just by selling stuff and watching our spending.

Must say - bit of a relief now that I have the numbers worked out, I was thinking, holy moly, $6k!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    I had my first at 17 lol.

I birthed at Royal North Shore for my 2 - they only had spas in the birthing suite at the time, and you could only birth in there if you were low risk, and you had enough spots.

Our local hospital doesn't have baths. BUT I'll be using a birth pool at home. Just need to work out what to do about our hot water, as it doesn't last very long. I'm thinking lots of big pots on the stove.
    Omg 17! LOL I hadn't had sex when I was 17 ha ha ha! I wonder if our local private hospitals have spas/baths?? I wonder if it's weird to call and ask not being UTD...

Trio- your story made me laugh.....

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Omg 17! LOL I hadn't had sex when I was 17 ha ha ha!
    Lol. I had put myself in many situations that could have ended me being a mum at 17. Fortunately I had an 'oh ****' moment and went to a family planning clinic who put me in the pill when I was first sexually active (with a long term boyfriend) which I am sure is why I am childless now.
    Although all these years with no 'accident' is what worries me about maybe not being able to fall pregnant

Hamij, you may have said this before (and I now cant find it on my phone, our Internet is still down)but how old are your children now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a 7yo and a 5yo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. I hope it's ok if I jump on here. My partner and I are planning on trying to conceive in early 2013. I have a 7 and a half year old son from a previous relationship, so this will be my second child and my partners first. I am excited and scared at the same time. I was 18 when I had my first and it has been a large gap. My first pregnancy was a dream and a fairly easy uneventful labour, so am a little worried that the next will be the opposite.
    I feel like I have been waiting for this for so long now, the last few months seem to be agonising. Does anyone else find that the closer it gets, the harder it is to wait?