Closed Thread
Page 33 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 1062
  1. #321
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0

    Default 2013 is so far away!

    I'd also be interested to know what everyone is planning in terms of nappies. I haven't done much research yet but the cost of disposables and having to buy them every week turns me off them. And the amount of rubbish they make.
    But as I said I still haven't done much research yet

  2. #322
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Illawarra NSW
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    I found they didnt take that much longer - I'd sit and put them all together while watching TV at night. Wash every couple of days.

  3. #323
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The New England
    Posts
    1,199
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked
    441
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LRA View Post
    I'd also be interested to know what everyone is planning in terms of nappies. I haven't done much research yet but the cost of disposables and having to buy them every week turns me off them. And the amount of rubbish they make.
    But as I said I still haven't done much research yet
    And the fact that every single disopsable nappy that has ever been made is still in existance. They don't decompose for 500 years! I really wanted to go cloth, we used terry ones when DS was very small. Then his wees got bigger and they started to leak, we started to use disposables over night and they just crept into use. There are a couple of photos I love of ds in the near nuddy, but a gross disposable nappy wrecks it. I am going to get a few mcns for this summer, so he can wear a cute nappy when he is in just a nappy!

  4. #324
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The New England
    Posts
    1,199
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked
    441
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    I found they didnt take that much longer - I'd sit and put them all together while watching TV at night. Wash every couple of days.
    What brands do you reckonmend?

  5. #325
    BoyCrazy's Avatar
    BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    7,706
    Thanks
    705
    Thanked
    438
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Welcome BoyCrazy!!! We have another January trier on this thread whoo hoo!! So your going to try for your fourth! Wow!!! I'm scared of the thought of one! Do you have a preference over a particular sex? Another girl to even it out?
    Hey Disney! Yeah call me crazy lol we are gonna try for our 4th. I dont really know which Id prefer, ok, secretly maybe another daughter, but thats only cause I cant think of any boys names and already have a few girl names picked out haha. It gets harder and harder to name them with each bub lol. Least we have a few months to find some more!

    and mcns-im WAY too lazy to do that, and the idea of scraping poo just isnt my idea of fun lol. There are some super cute mcns out there though! But id probably be broke (more so) if i used them lol

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to BoyCrazy For This Useful Post:

    Disney  (04-09-2012)

  7. #326
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Penrith
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked
    160
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default 2013 is so far away!

    Welcome. To all the new girls that have joined.
    I've been a bit quiet the last few days. So much to catch up on, where to begin.

    Disney- its a shame about your family and Xmas but yay that your ttc dates have moved up, how Exciting.

    Boy crazy- yay someone else who is starting after Xmas. I'm starting then and am about to burst with the idea already. I just want to start now however plans are plans.

    Hamij- dw your not crazy for looking at baby things. I do that too and have started a mini stockpile for things. No big ticket item however I have picked the ones I want when utd. I plan to use mcns. What brand have you used with your other children?

    Afm well have officially stopped bcp. Feel no different really lol don't know what I was expecting. I think after you read other peoples reactions on bh you expect them yourself. Guess I'll have to just wait and see how long it will take to o and af to arrive. Hopefully not to long and I can stick with my plan of ttc after Xmas - January. I have scheduled an appointment with my doctor to get a pap smear done and just a preconception check up so hopefully that will be all good too.

    So my Dp told his dad yesterday that he may be a grandfather late next year. His dad was happy with that.
    While we were away on the weekend Dp & I talking about fathers day and saying fx next fathers day he would be an expectant dad. Was very cute and he seemed excited about that. Yay hurry up these next few months.

  8. #327
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post

    Afm well have officially stopped bcp. Feel no different really lol don't know what I was expecting. I think after you read other peoples reactions on bh you expect them yourself. Guess I'll have to just wait and see how long it will take to o and af to arrive. Hopefully not to long and I can stick with my plan of ttc after Xmas - January. I have scheduled an appointment with my doctor to get a pap smear done and just a preconception check up so hopefully that will be all good too.
    .
    Oh you'll have to let us know how the doctors appointment goes and what we can expect! I can't believe your in full pre TTC swing that's soo exciting!!

  9. #328
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Illawarra NSW
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    I used greenkids and baby beehinds for my older two. But it seems that SO many more brands have come onto the market since then! I'm leaning towards getting ones with snaps rather than velcro this time. I'm thinking I might just go prefolds and some newborn covers to start with, and then make a decision. Figure I can always keep using the prefolds in pocket nappies as the baby gets older. Might buy some nappies second hand to try a few different types. I also made some when my kids were younger - but found they didn't last as long, and they still weren't overly cheap. Considering making some wetbags etc instead to save some dosh. Also thinking I'll make my own wipes. Least it'll give me something to do other than shop!

  10. #329
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Penrith
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked
    160
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default 2013 is so far away!

    Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    I used greenkids and baby beehinds for my older two. But it seems that SO many more brands have come onto the market since then! I'm leaning towards getting ones with snaps rather than velcro this time. I'm thinking I might just go prefolds and some newborn covers to start with, and then make a decision. Figure I can always keep using the prefolds in pocket nappies as the baby gets older. Might buy some nappies second hand to try a few different types. I also made some when my kids were younger - but found they didn't last as long, and they still weren't overly cheap. Considering making some wetbags etc instead to save some dosh. Also thinking I'll make my own wipes. Least it'll give me something to do other than shop!
    Wow go you. I don't think I could be bothered doing all that myself. I have looked into a nz brand called real nappies. I'm thinking i might give them a try and I think for what you get reasonably priced.

    Disney- ill let you know. I'm booked in for tomorrow afternoon.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to LilNightmare For This Useful Post:

    Disney  (04-09-2012)

  12. #330
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So I was wondering if people have thought about pain relief during labour and what they are thinking they are going to do/not do? Those that have had kids what did you do before to get through labour?


 

Similar Threads

  1. TTC in 2013
    By joby84 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-08-2012, 21:38
  2. Ttc 2013
    By SittingWaitingWishingX in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 13-06-2012, 22:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Softer than your bub's bum Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Australia's favourite eco brand has delivered a gorgeous baby collection. Made from organic bamboo, Boody's extraordinarily soft and stretchy, skin-friendly tops, bottoms, onesies, bibs and wraps don't 'cost the earth'. Get 20% OFF! Code BUBHUB16.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Swim Australia
Swim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim Schools located across the country, through our aquatic education, we aim to build a Safer, Smarter, Stronger nation of swimmers.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!