Closed Thread
Page 33 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

I'd also be interested to know what everyone is planning in terms of nappies. I haven't done much research yet but the cost of disposables and having to buy them every week turns me off them. And the amount of rubbish they make.
    But as I said I still haven't done much research yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found they didnt take that much longer - I'd sit and put them all together while watching TV at night. Wash every couple of days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LRA View Post
    I'd also be interested to know what everyone is planning in terms of nappies. I haven't done much research yet but the cost of disposables and having to buy them every week turns me off them. And the amount of rubbish they make.
    But as I said I still haven't done much research yet
    And the fact that every single disopsable nappy that has ever been made is still in existance. They don't decompose for 500 years! I really wanted to go cloth, we used terry ones when DS was very small. Then his wees got bigger and they started to leak, we started to use disposables over night and they just crept into use. There are a couple of photos I love of ds in the near nuddy, but a gross disposable nappy wrecks it. I am going to get a few mcns for this summer, so he can wear a cute nappy when he is in just a nappy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    I found they didnt take that much longer - I'd sit and put them all together while watching TV at night. Wash every couple of days.
    What brands do you reckonmend?

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Welcome BoyCrazy!!! We have another January trier on this thread whoo hoo!! So your going to try for your fourth! Wow!!! I'm scared of the thought of one! Do you have a preference over a particular sex? Another girl to even it out?
    Hey Disney! Yeah call me crazy lol we are gonna try for our 4th. I dont really know which Id prefer, ok, secretly maybe another daughter, but thats only cause I cant think of any boys names and already have a few girl names picked out haha. It gets harder and harder to name them with each bub lol. Least we have a few months to find some more!

and mcns-im WAY too lazy to do that, and the idea of scraping poo just isnt my idea of fun lol. There are some super cute mcns out there though! But id probably be broke (more so) if i used them lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BoyCrazy For This Useful Post:

Disney  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Welcome. To all the new girls that have joined.
    I've been a bit quiet the last few days. So much to catch up on, where to begin.

Disney- its a shame about your family and Xmas but yay that your ttc dates have moved up, how Exciting.

Boy crazy- yay someone else who is starting after Xmas. I'm starting then and am about to burst with the idea already. I just want to start now however plans are plans.

Hamij- dw your not crazy for looking at baby things. I do that too and have started a mini stockpile for things. No big ticket item however I have picked the ones I want when utd. I plan to use mcns. What brand have you used with your other children?

Afm well have officially stopped bcp. Feel no different really lol don't know what I was expecting. I think after you read other peoples reactions on bh you expect them yourself. Guess I'll have to just wait and see how long it will take to o and af to arrive. Hopefully not to long and I can stick with my plan of ttc after Xmas - January. I have scheduled an appointment with my doctor to get a pap smear done and just a preconception check up so hopefully that will be all good too.

So my Dp told his dad yesterday that he may be a grandfather late next year. His dad was happy with that.
    While we were away on the weekend Dp & I talking about fathers day and saying fx next fathers day he would be an expectant dad. Was very cute and he seemed excited about that. Yay hurry up these next few months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post

Afm well have officially stopped bcp. Feel no different really lol don't know what I was expecting. I think after you read other peoples reactions on bh you expect them yourself. Guess I'll have to just wait and see how long it will take to o and af to arrive. Hopefully not to long and I can stick with my plan of ttc after Xmas - January. I have scheduled an appointment with my doctor to get a pap smear done and just a preconception check up so hopefully that will be all good too.
    Oh you'll have to let us know how the doctors appointment goes and what we can expect! I can't believe your in full pre TTC swing that's soo exciting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used greenkids and baby beehinds for my older two. But it seems that SO many more brands have come onto the market since then! I'm leaning towards getting ones with snaps rather than velcro this time. I'm thinking I might just go prefolds and some newborn covers to start with, and then make a decision. Figure I can always keep using the prefolds in pocket nappies as the baby gets older. Might buy some nappies second hand to try a few different types. I also made some when my kids were younger - but found they didn't last as long, and they still weren't overly cheap. Considering making some wetbags etc instead to save some dosh. Also thinking I'll make my own wipes. Least it'll give me something to do other than shop!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    I used greenkids and baby beehinds for my older two. But it seems that SO many more brands have come onto the market since then! I'm leaning towards getting ones with snaps rather than velcro this time. I'm thinking I might just go prefolds and some newborn covers to start with, and then make a decision. Figure I can always keep using the prefolds in pocket nappies as the baby gets older. Might buy some nappies second hand to try a few different types. I also made some when my kids were younger - but found they didn't last as long, and they still weren't overly cheap. Considering making some wetbags etc instead to save some dosh. Also thinking I'll make my own wipes. Least it'll give me something to do other than shop!
    Wow go you. I don't think I could be bothered doing all that myself. I have looked into a nz brand called real nappies. I'm thinking i might give them a try and I think for what you get reasonably priced.

Disney- ill let you know. I'm booked in for tomorrow afternoon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LilNightmare For This Useful Post:

Disney  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I was wondering if people have thought about pain relief during labour and what they are thinking they are going to do/not do? Those that have had kids what did you do before to get through labour?