Closed Thread
Page 30 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So DH and I had a chat last night about TTC and our plans (this stemmed from finding out a friends sister and her dh have been trying for a year and a half to make a baby and she is only 28!). So basically he said as soon as we get to our savings target we are good to go. By his calculations that will be march, he looked so excited to be telling me we can start earlier but as some of you will know, I'm not the biggest fan of having my baby born in December! Am I being stupid or should I stick to my original plans of may-August

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just thinking it has been a bit quiet around here for a few days! What has everyone been up to?

Ok so who loves Christmas cuz I sure as hell do!! It's only116 days to go
    whoo hoo... It also means its not long until 2013

What does everyone do for Xmas?? I'm very jealous of those do you who already have bubbas.. It would take Xmas to a whole new level!!!

I totally love Christmas and everything about it! We go all out every year, and every year I say I will scale it down next year but i never do lol.
    We will have lunch with one of our families and dinner with the other. Both are just massive present giving occasions with way to much food and drink. (always some backyard cricket thrown in for good measure) We always have so much fun, and are totally exhausted by the end.
    Then we usually go away with a bunch of friends for a week, but this year we will be going away in our caravan with just 2 other couples. should be a blast! (although one of the ladies will be 7 months pregnant, so I am not sure how she will cope if it is hot)

Disney, good news about your chat, I think you should just wait until you hit the savings target and then reassess. If its earlier than anticipated then just see how you are feeling. (If your anything like me, the desire to have a baby will take over any rational thoughts of the when's and whys, and that urge just keeps getting stronger and stronger) My original, earliest time to get pregnant was October (so I was eligible for mat leave) but now I just don't care at all, if DH said he was ok for us to ttc now, there would be no holding back!
    Maybe you could go off bc in march and just see what happens then actually ttc in may-august?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    So DH and I had a chat last night about TTC and our plans (this stemmed from finding out a friends sister and her dh have been trying for a year and a half to make a baby and she is only 28!). So basically he said as soon as we get to our savings target we are good to go. By his calculations that will be march, he looked so excited to be telling me we can start earlier but as some of you will know, I'm not the biggest fan of having my baby born in December! Am I being stupid or should I stick to my original plans of may-August
    I don't think ttc is always something you can plan!! I actually did ivf in march and before my miscarriage was due in Nov
    You may take 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year... Or even more!
    I'm 29 (we are the same age) & we've been trying 2 years - I never ever thought that was going to happen.
    I've had friends fall the first month they tried...

I guess I'm trying to say 'just go with the flow'

Don't stress about money, plans, months your baby could possibly be born & just try when it feels right

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks..... :'(

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN
    IVF all over for us for now..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    I was just thinking it has been a bit quiet around here for a few days! What has everyone been up to?

I totally love Christmas and everything about it! We go all out every year, and every year I say I will scale it down next year but i never do lol.
    We will have lunch with one of our families and dinner with the other. Both are just massive present giving occasions with way to much food and drink. (always some backyard cricket thrown in for good measure) We always have so much fun, and are totally exhausted by the end.
    Then we usually go away with a bunch of friends for a week, but this year we will be going away in our caravan with just 2 other couples. should be a blast! (although one of the ladies will be 7 months pregnant, so I am not sure how she will cope if it is hot)

Disney, good news about your chat, I think you should just wait until you hit the savings target and then reassess. If its earlier than anticipated then just see how you are feeling. (If your anything like me, the desire to have a baby will take over any rational thoughts of the when's and whys, and that urge just keeps getting stronger and stronger) My original, earliest time to get pregnant was October (so I was eligible for mat leave) but now I just don't care at all, if DH said he was ok for us to ttc now, there would be no holding back!
    Maybe you could go off bc in march and just see what happens then actually ttc in may-august?
    Oh your Christmas sounds like so much fun!! I bought 3 new decorations today.. I I will never be able to cut back on Christmas intensity! That's so cool you have a caravan, it sounds like such a fun adventure. I'm not sure if I'm going away this year, we are going to be quite broke after our holiday in November and my DH will have no more holidays left.

I like your idea of gong off bc in march and seeing what happens. Oh another totally exciting development with my DH, he always shrugs off my baby craziness and tells me that he's sure my behavior is not normal and how can I be SO obsessed with having a baby and if we are out and I even look at a baby shop sign or window or anything baby related he will run the other way. Anyway.. We were out today and walked past mothercare and I was looking through the window at the prams and he turned to me and I was expecting him to say keep walking or what is your problem it's a pram, he said YOU HAVE 5 MINUTES!! he came in with me for 5 whole minutes and looked at prams, well he looked I lusted! He also actually said the bugaboos looked the best!! This is the first time this has ever happened ever!! I have never been so excited !!!

How was everyone's weekend and those of you in the midst of house selling how's that going??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Christmas really is wonderful! its even better now that I have a 2yo nephew, he makes it so much more fun! Imagine how great Christmas will be when there are lots of children??? (maybe one or 2 of us will have babies for next Christmas)

We brought a caravan with the money we got in our wishing well at our wedding, did a few minor renovations on it and can now have a mini holiday whenever we like, it is lots of fun! Its like my own little Hilton on wheels!

How exciting that DH is finally starting to show interest in your baby crazyness lol and I assure you that I agree that your behavior is completely normal!

Weekend was pretty uneventful, went out for a big family dinner last night for fathers day which is always fun. ofi went pretty well so can't really complain.

How was your weekend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney that's so exciting that you might be TTC earlier! Yay for March! That's when we're starting to TTC too I think wait to see how you feel once you reach your savings target too, but I bet you won't be able to wait, this baby mania is only getting worse haha!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    My original, earliest time to get pregnant was October (so I was eligible for mat leave) but now I just don't care at all, if DH said he was ok for us to ttc now, there would be no holding back!
    I feel exactly the same! I keep hoping to get dp to agree in a moment of weakness... He has been more interested in babies lately... And if he ever has that moment of weakness I'll hold him to it haha!

I'm looking forward to Chrissy too, mainly to have a break from work! We usually just do a couple family gatherings at each of my grandparents houses. I have big families on both sides with lots of cousins so it's usually good fun. All the cousins are pretty well grown up now though, can't wait til there's some new babies and kids around to make it magical again. Hopefully there will be (or almost will be) next year

I didn't get up to much this weekend, mainly the usual relaxing, cleaning, shopping and netball. I had my dad and brother over for lunch today for father's day which was nice and I tried a out a new roast chicken recipe which was awesome. We also Skyped my sister who is living in Vietnam and it was great to talk to and see her. We had such nice spring weather here this weekend which was a relief, it was so nice to sit and warm up in the sun rather than in front of a heater What did everyone else get up to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha I just realized I haven't shared what I do for Christmas, my family and my DH family are spread all over the place so we do 1 year in Sydney 1 year in Melbourne. My family are in Sydney and I miss them so much when I have To go to Melbourne. We have an arguement about going to Melbourne each time it comes around. His family aren't into Xmas so those xmases are so crap and I spend the whole time on FaceTime to my family in Sydney. My family make a place for me at the dining table and pop the laptop there and leave it going the whole day so im virtually in sydney! Lol

I don't understand why we can't just fly down on boxing day.. Grr anyway I have to do it but I'm never happy about it. I just hope he doesn't expect us to do it when we have kids! That would be a nightmare! I hope he understands kid wanna wake up in their own beds Xmas morning! does it sound unreasonable? Am I being a brat about it?

So my weekend.. Hmm it was good actually i had a weekend of indulgence..I had a massage, mani pedi, we went of for breakfast, lunch and dinner lol!! Don't have weekends like that ever!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love christmas too! We usually go to my Mums for christmas as my DH's familylive here and we see them all the time. Though this year I want to stay up here as my mums house is way too filled with little breakable things and furniture. DS has no where to crawl and it would be way too hard. Plus I have 4 nieces and nephews here as well so hopefully they stay as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad I found this! We're going to be TTC #3 in 2013. I want/need to lose a bit of weight first. This baby has been a LONG time coming, I left work in 2008 with the plan of TTC. Well... obv didn't happen! Through many reasons we've had to keep putting it off. Now I really have baby fever. And it's killing me to think it may be another 6 months before we do anything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    I'm so glad I found this! We're going to be TTC #3 in 2013. I want/need to lose a bit of weight first. This baby has been a LONG time coming, I left work in 2008 with the plan of TTC. Well... obv didn't happen! Through many reasons we've had to keep putting it off. Now I really have baby fever. And it's killing me to think it may be another 6 months before we do anything!
    Welcome to our thread hamij!! Wow 2008 until now is an epic amount of time. What were the hold ups's/setbacks for you? How old are your other children? Baby fever can be intense we can all testify to that but you mentioned you want/need to drop some weight so look at that as your first step to your TTC journey. If you are planning on starting the weightless after Christmas then technically you only have 4 months before you start your TTC journey (doesn't that sound less traumatic than 6 months!). That's how I'm thinking if it at the moment.. Focusing on when I'm going to get into gear to make a baby as opposed to actually dtd.