Closed Thread
Page 28 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    I work in child care, and prices depend a lot on the area you are in. In Vic prices are much higher the closer you go to the city. I work about 45min away from the city and we charge $96 a day, I know some inner city centre charge $120 a day. BUT you get Child Care Benefit (its means tested so all families get different amounts) as well as Child Care Rebate (which covers 50% of your fees if both parents are working or studying)
    for example our fees are $96 but some families are only $30ish out of pocket, and some families pay the full $96 Its a quite detailed and confusing process!!!
    Wow so it does differ a lot by state! One of the child care places I managed to find prices for here in SA is in the city and $73 per day. Another just outside the city was $70.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    What work do you do Disney?
    I work at a cultural institution in Sydney, we do lots of kids programs and have awesome exhibitions so I'm always surrounded by cutie pie kids.. Doesn't help with my desperation for a baby

Thanks
    Reviews

I work in child care, and prices depend a lot on the area you are in. In Vic prices are much higher the closer you go to the city. I work about 45min away from the city and we charge $96 a day, I know some inner city centre charge $120 a day. BUT you get Child Care Benefit (its means tested so all families get different amounts) as well as Child Care Rebate (which covers 50% of your fees if both parents are working or studying) for example our fees are $96 but some families are only $30ish out of pocket, and some families pay the full $96 Its a quite detailed and confusing process!!!

I think I will take 8 or so months off, maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more. I really love my job, dont particulary like spending time at home, and am lucky enough that baby can come to work with me (I love these little emoticons!)
    The child care rebate sounds great but so complicated ! I didn't even know there was a rebate or anything like that!! ??!! Thanks for the help/responses everyone!

8 months seems to be a common theme, I was thinking I would go back just after their first birthday for 2 days a week. I'm a little scared about how we will go without the 2 full incomes. I have become accustomed to a certain lifestyle and it's going to be hard giving that up. That's awesome mrsLA you can take the bubs to work!

I love the emoticons as well

Thanks
    Reviews

Just then at lunch DH came home even more worried about his job, so I guess if he is out of work I will have to pick up some shifts at work. I just work retail at kmart, and my year of maternity has just run out. They didn't ask me back and I didn't apply for another year of maternity leave but I am sure they would give me a few shifts if I asked. I was the gun casual before
    Fingers crossed things are ok with your DH and his job!! Lol gun casual! Do you think you'll go back at some stage trio or are you destined to be a stay at home mum!

I would love to be a super rich stay at home mum ! Lunch with the ladies, visiting the museums and the zoo and other fun but educational things with my kids, facials and mani pedis, a nanny for when I get my facials! Lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

[QUOTE=MrsLA;

Lil Nightmare, you beat me to the Childcare costs, while I was typing lol
    $76 that's really cheap compared to where I am, I'm sure you have said it before but where are you from? (my memory is like a sieve and I cbf going through all the old posts)

Sorry for so many posts, so much to talk about today!!![/QUOTE]

I work in western Sydney. The area is a low socio-economic one and the suburbs around us have a bit of a bad reputation. In saying that I love my job and the kids as well as the families are lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Fingers crossed things are ok with your DH and his job!! Lol gun casual! Do you think you'll go back at some stage trio or are you destined to be a stay at home mum!

I would love to be a super rich stay at home mum ! Lunch with the ladies, visiting the museums and the zoo and other fun but educational things with my kids, facials and mani pedis, a nanny for when I get my facials! Lol!!
    Thanks for your concern Mrs LA and Disney, I am 80% sure it will all blow over. So many times it has been threatened by his bosses but it never happens. He is a woolbuyer and the price of wool has dropped so while he made heaps of money for his bosses last year, this year it seems that they are loosing money. His bosses don't seem to see it that way, they figure he should be making them even more money, despite the falling market and less farmers in sheep around here.

I would like to go back to work but not neccessarily at kmart, and then only a few days a week. I have a science degree but have never been in a possition to use it, a have really low self esteem and sell myself short so have never really tried for the jobs I would love to do. National park ranger would be a dream come true, but I would love to plant trees or run a native plant nursery, work in a fish hatchery. Plus I have never had a drivers license. But I am very happy being a stay home mum, and there are lots of things you can do that are free or very cheap, like playgroups, mothers groups, story day at the library, the park. Though disney I still by a lottery ticket most weeks, a nanny would be great especially if they were like your best friend and you can share babie duties abit more.

I am lucky in that if I did pick up a few shifts a Kmart my MIL would be able to watch DS, I didn't realise child care was so expensive, I would only earn about $100 a day with a longer shift, so I would only make $20 after childcare costs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trio, we are wanting a bigger house (ours is only 12 squares) and something a little more modern and contemporary that has all the reno's done for us! We want to stay in the area that we are in at the moment, and these houses are few and far between, hence why we think we will be renting for a while.
    I love your dream, that would be so awesome! (im not too keen on the 20 acres, (way too much gardening for my liking) but love your house plans)
    I wouldn't been keen on gargening 20 acres either, though 30 head of sheep would do a pretty awesome job of it! Room for a vegie patch and some fruit trees would be fantastic!

I would love a renovated house, ours is so old and getting run down. Especially the bathroom. Just this morning Dh got cranky with the child lock on a kitchen cupboard that wouldn't open so he broke it off. now the kitchen door won't shut and DS will take every opourtunity to be in there pulling all the plates out. Sigh.

I hope you do find a nice place soon, fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews

I would like to go back to work but not neccessarily at kmart, and then only a few days a week. I have a science degree but have never been in a possition to use it, a have really low self esteem and sell myself short so have never really tried for the jobs I would love to do. National park ranger would be a dream come true, but I would love to plant trees or run a native plant nursery, work in a fish hatchery. Plus I have never had a drivers license.
    Oh you have a science degree?! I can't remember if I knew that or not... What kind of science did you study?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just this morning Dh got cranky with the child lock on a kitchen cupboard that wouldn't open so he broke it off. now the kitchen door won't shut and DS will take every opourtunity to be in there pulling all the plates out. Sigh.
    Oh the joys of children ! LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Oh you have a science degree?! I can't remember if I knew that or not... What kind of science did you study?
    I studied ecology at UNE, I loved it!