Closed Thread
Page 27 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Oh a 3 day weekend would be brilliant! I would prefer to work for 10 hours a day and get a 3 day weekend than to work 8 hours a day and only get 2 day weekend! I have to say thought my day went so crazy fast! I don't know what happened to to the time!
    Totally agree! a 3 day weekend every week would be ace!

So I went to the doc today, and was talking to her about preconception vitamins, and she looked at all my level's from my blood tests last month and said all I should take in the months prior to actually conceiving is folate. Just plain old folate. I asked about all the preconception vitamins like elevit and blackmores and she said that at the moment, and up till I am actually pregnant that all I need is folate! so I suppose that is a plus, as she said it is about $10 for a month.

I also had a big chat with DH and he says he is ready to ttc, (well as ready as he will ever be) but he is just worried that if we sell the house and don't find one to buy straight away that we will end up in a shi**y little rental house. (rentals in the area that we want to live are pretty typically really small, and often really old and in need of work) and that is not how he wants to bring a baby into the world. I told him in no uncertain terms that we may end up renting for 12mths if we cant find a house and there was NO WAY I was waiting 12 mths to ttc! So we agreed that if the house has not sold in 3 mths that we will take it of the market and ttc straight away. And if it sells in that time, we will make sure that we either buy ASAP or rent a house that is 'acceptable' for him to have a baby in (fingers crossed I can actually make this plan happen)
    He also agreed that it is a reasonable idea for me to go off the pill at the end of this packet, but he wants to use some other form of contraception in meantime before starting ttc. (Not sure if this will happen though, I may just get another prescription until we are actually going to start ttc. Will see how life is traveling in the coming weeks)

SO big weekend of decisions over here!!!
    How was everyone elses weekend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=MrsLA;6795099]

QUOTE]

That is very exciting!

We waited till we were ready to TTC before I stopped taking the pill. I don't think it affected our chances of concieving too much, we concieved DS in my 5th cycle. Though thinking back I remember starting to talk adoption with DH! This time round I haven't started taking the pill again. DS is a great form of contraception especially since DH and I sleep in different beds. When the stars align and we do have some time together, I love the miniscule possiblity that maybe it could happen. But now I am daydreaming and I must have my license and my thyroid on track before any more kidlets!

What sort of house are you looking to buy? We would love to be out of town on atleast 20acres with a view but those places are so out of reach at the moment. I would love to build our own hexagonal house, with a veranda all around, open living spaces with bedrooms up stairs, big sun filled windows and a walk in pantry. Daydreaming again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post

So I went to the doc today, and was talking to her about preconception vitamins, and she looked at all my level's from my blood tests last month and said all I should take in the months prior to actually conceiving is folate. Just plain old folate. I asked about all the preconception vitamins like elevit and blackmores and she said that at the moment, and up till I am actually pregnant that all I need is folate! so I suppose that is a plus, as she said it is about $10 for a month.

So we agreed that if the house has not sold in 3 mths that we will take it of the market and ttc straight away. And if it sells in that time, we will make sure that we either buy ASAP or rent a house that is 'acceptable' for him to have a baby in (fingers crossed I can actually make this plan happen)

Good news about just needing to take folate that means your really healthy (and a quick ttc journey!) I'll be doing the same thing you have done and seeing with the doc what I NEED to take according to my blood work, I know you can overload on vitamins and the bonus of saving money is awesome.

That so exciting you could be TTC in 3 months oh my gosh that will go so quickly.. That said if you are ttc in 3 months that means your house hasnt sold which is annoying/stressful so im not sure which scenario to have my fingers crossed for! Which are you secretly rooting for?

I'm still focusing on the 3 months until I start my pre TTC processes so it doesn't seem like so far away.

I just realized I am due for a pap smear soon so I need to remember to book that in... I don't knowif I should do that soon or add that to my pre TTC list of things to do starting in January?!

What is everyone planning on doing in regards to work? Full time Stay at home mum or returning to work if so for how long?

Im going to take a year off and then go back to work part time I think, I was looking at child care places and not many advertise their prices. Does anyone know what is normal to pay for child care?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just realized I am due for a pap smear soon so I need to remember to book that in... I don't knowif I should do that soon or add that to my pre TTC list of things to do starting in January?!

What is everyone planning on doing in regards to work? Full time Stay at home mum or returning to work if so for how long?
    I think I would get the pap test done when its due, It would be terrible not to catch something as early as possible.

Just then at lunch DH came home even more worried about his job, so I guess if he is out of work I will have to pick up some shifts at work. I just work retail at kmart, and my year of maternity has just run out. They didn't ask me back and I didn't apply for another year of maternity leave but I am sure they would give me a few shifts if I asked. I was the gun casual before I left!

What work do you do Disney?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 2013 is so far away!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post

I also had a big chat with DH and he says he is ready to ttc, (well as ready as he will ever be) but he is just worried that if we sell the house and don't find one to buy straight away that we will end up in a shi**y little rental house. (rentals in the area that we want to live are pretty typically really small, and often really old and in need of work) and that is not how he wants to bring a baby into the world. I told him in no uncertain terms that we may end up renting for 12mths if we cant find a house and there was NO WAY I was waiting 12 mths to ttc! So we agreed that if the house has not sold in 3 mths that we will take it of the market and ttc straight away. And if it sells in that time, we will make sure that we either buy ASAP or rent a house that is 'acceptable' for him to have a baby in (fingers crossed I can actually make this plan happen)
    He also agreed that it is a reasonable idea for me to go off the pill at the end of this packet, but he wants to use some other form of contraception in meantime before starting ttc. (Not sure if this will happen though, I may just get another prescription until we are actually going to start ttc. Will see how life is traveling in the coming weeks)

I was at the doctor last week too and she told me all I need to be talking is folate until I'm pregnant which is good.
    So exciting about all the decisions being made. 2013 will come around quickly now it's getting close

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    What sort of house are you looking to buy? We would love to be out of town on atleast 20acres with a view but those places are so out of reach at the moment. I would love to build our own hexagonal house, with a veranda all around, open living spaces with bedrooms up stairs, big sun filled windows and a walk in pantry. Daydreaming again!
    Trio, we are wanting a bigger house (ours is only 12 squares) and something a little more modern and contemporary that has all the reno's done for us! We want to stay in the area that we are in at the moment, and these houses are few and far between, hence why we think we will be renting for a while.
    I love your dream, that would be so awesome! (im not too keen on the 20 acres, (way too much gardening for my liking) but love your house plans)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Im going to take a year off and then go back to work part time I think, I was looking at child care places and not many advertise their prices. Does anyone know what is normal to pay for child care?

I want to have at least 8 months to establish a bond and decent routines. If I can afford to have longer I will though. I work in daycare and the prices vary from one to the next but I know for my centre for a child under 2 is $76 a day. That is before the Childcare benefit though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news about just needing to take folate that means your really healthy (and a quick ttc journey!) I'll be doing the same thing you have done and seeing with the doc what I NEED to take according to my blood work, I know you can overload on vitamins and the bonus of saving money is awesome.

That so exciting you could be TTC in 3 months oh my gosh that will go so quickly.. That said if you are ttc in 3 months that means your house hasnt sold which is annoying/stressful so im not sure which scenario to have my fingers crossed for! Which are you secretly rooting for?

I'm still focusing on the 3 months until I start my pre TTC processes so it doesn't seem like so far away.

I actually did not intend to ask the doc, I was set I was going to take blackmores on friends recommendations, but was at the doc for another reason and the topic came up so I thought I should ask, Now I think that it is definitely worth while.

I am secretly hoping that the house sells next week, we find the house of our dreams the week after, and can start ttc then! totally dreaming though.
    In the real world I hope our house sells within the 3 months, and we can have options, but if it doesn't happen I think that I will be ok staying here for a few years, Its just not ideal.

I would def do your pap test in Jan, no need to do it sooner, (and its horrible so I say put it off as long as possible without putting yourself at risk)

I work in child care, and prices depend a lot on the area you are in. In Vic prices are much higher the closer you go to the city. I work about 45min away from the city and we charge $96 a day, I know some inner city centre charge $120 a day. BUT you get Child Care Benefit (its means tested so all families get different amounts) as well as Child Care Rebate (which covers 50% of your fees if both parents are working or studying)
    for example our fees are $96 but some families are only $30ish out of pocket, and some families pay the full $96 Its a quite detailed and confusing process!!!

I think I will take 8 or so months off, maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more. I really love my job, dont particulary like spending time at home, and am lucky enough that baby can come to work with me (I love these little emoticons!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow MrsLA very exciting weekend decisions! So exciting that you might start TTC in just a few months!

Yeah a lot don't seem to advertise prices. After lots of googling I found 2 in my area that provided prices on their website. They were both $70 per day, so maybe that's the approx. rate? I'm in SA though, not sure how it would differ interstate.

I'm starting to lean towards being a SAHM. I mocked up a one income budget the other weekend and looks like we could do it but it'd be a bit tight. I based it on DP's current income which should increase. Also discussed baby plans more with DP and he only wants a 18 month age gap between babies, which I'm considering but if we tried for that there really doesn't seem like there'd be much point returning to work after first baby. I get worried about trying to get back into the workforce (would want to when kids are school age) but I would maybe do some post grad qualification to update my skills and hopefully it wouldn't be too hard. Hard decision!

I reckon you should get the pap smear when it's due for same reasons as Trio... But also you could ask your doctor some pre-pre-TTC questions, that way it's another stepping stone towards TTC. I find it helps make time pass quicker having a few short term landmarks along the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just then at lunch DH came home even more worried about his job, so I guess if he is out of work I will have to pick up some shifts at work. I just work retail at kmart, and my year of maternity has just run out. They didn't ask me back and I didn't apply for another year of maternity leave but I am sure they would give me a few shifts if I asked. I was the gun casual before I lef
    sorry to hear that Trio, at least you can pick up shifts if you need too, fingers crossed for you both, it must be a horrible feeling?

I was at the doctor last week too and she told me all I need to be talking is folate until I'm pregnant which is good.
    So exciting about all the decisions being made. 2013 will come around quickly now it's getting close
    I'm glad someone else has been told the same thing. Yay for being healthy and not needing many supplements! Christmas is just over 16 weeks away! so here we come 2013!

Lil Nightmare, you beat me to the Childcare costs, while I was typing lol
    $76 that's really cheap compared to where I am, I'm sure you have said it before but where are you from? (my memory is like a sieve and I cbf going through all the old posts)

Sorry for so many posts, so much to talk about today!!!