Closed Thread
Page 25 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013 is so far away!

Sjk- congrats on the sale of your house and being debt free.

I'm the opposite of you ladies I have boys names but find girls names hard. Well I did say I wanted boys lol. Dp and I have 2 boys names and 2 girls names ( after long considerations for the girls).

I have seen soo many cute ideas for nursery themes. I have mine in mind, planning to do nightmare before Christmas. I no it's not the traditional thing but I adore that movie and think the characters are cute.
    Last edited by LilNightmare; 24-08-2012 at 19:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LilNightmare thats a cute theme. I have a good friend who is obsessed with that film and her daughter bedroom is decked out with Tim burton characters. What's funny is her little girl is soo girly and is princess obsessed so elements of pink princesses are starting to come through

Thanks
    Reviews

Haha that's cute. Yeah I've got quite a few bits and pieces for the room but it's mostly bought for me just happens to double for nursery theme lol.

I love Tim burton! Absolute genius in my eyes hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    I love Tim burton! Absolute genius in my eyes hehe
    Yeah I agree. I went to Melbourne to see his exhibition it was brilliant !

Thanks
    Reviews

So did I. It was amazing. Can't wait for frankenweenie to come out soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone, and welcome everyone who is new!

I was on the phone to mum the other day when I smelt this plastic burning smell, turns out it was my modem router so have been stuck without the internet for over 2 weeks!

I have caught up on all the new posts and have a few things I want to add from old posts, I hope that is okay?

So period wise, since giving birth to DS in august 2011 I have had 2 periods, and then not even proper ones. My first was a 10months and second was just before his birthday. I breastfeed and that slows them coming back. So really even if I wanted to concieve now I probably couldn't! Definantly dosn't stop me wanting to though!

I always planned to breastfeed and even did a course before ds was born but didn't ever get a breast pump. I had no idea why a simple little manual one was $100. I ended up getting one second hand but unused off ebay for $30. I thought I could express some milk to mix with DS's cereal when he started solids at 6months. I have never been able to do it though. I can never get a let down without DS attatched! I have heard great things about the medala swing(?) a little electric one, so if you are keen to breastfeed I would check that one out.

Man I have missed this thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Hi Sjk, how exciting about your wedding, what sort of wedding are you having, big/small, sit down/cocktail, outside/church etc?

Sjk, I really hope our house sells as fast as yours, how long did it take?
    We're having an outdoor garden ceremony at a hotel next to the beach on the GC so I'm hoping we get lovely weather! Then a dinner meal and dancing in a hotel room overlooking the pool - its the Shearton Mirage.

The house has been on the market for about 2 years but being rented in the meantime so its been a long time coming! Unfortunately Brisbane was one of the worst hit markets from the GFC so hopefully things are starting to turn around. yours sells much quicker than ours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    Hello everyone, and welcome everyone who is new!

I was on the phone to mum the other day when I smelt this plastic burning smell, turns out it was my modem router so have been stuck without the internet for over 2 weeks!

I have caught up on all the new posts and have a few things I want to add from old posts, I hope that is okay?

So period wise, since giving birth to DS in august 2011 I have had 2 periods, and then not even proper ones. My first was a 10months and second was just before his birthday. I breastfeed and that slows them coming back. So really even if I wanted to concieve now I probably couldn't! Definantly dosn't stop me wanting to though!

I always planned to breastfeed and even did a course before ds was born but didn't ever get a breast pump. I had no idea why a simple little manual one was $100. I ended up getting one second hand but unused off ebay for $30. I thought I could express some milk to mix with DS's cereal when he started solids at 6months. I have never been able to do it though. I can never get a let down without DS attatched! I have heard great things about the medala swing(?) a little electric one, so if you are keen to breastfeed I would check that one out.

Man I have missed this thread!
    Welcome back trio! 2 weeks without the Internet would have been hell!! I didn't know breast feeding slows your periods coming back ? You learn something new everyday!!

Thanks also for the tips for the breast pump I'll have a look into them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sjk View Post
    We're having an outdoor garden ceremony at a hotel next to the beach on the GC so I'm hoping we get lovely weather! Then a dinner meal and dancing in a hotel room overlooking the pool - its the Shearton Mirage.
    Sjk your wedding plans sound beautiful! OH that's so exciting I love a good wedding! are you having bridesmaids??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sjk View Post
    Is sounds lovely!