Closed Thread
Page 24 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 2013 is so far away!

I have also collected a little bit of stuff. I thought I was crazy for doing it and I thought dh would kill me (I started a couple of months ago before we had decided when we would start ttc)
    I only buy things that are on really good specials or are really beautiful. I find it helps me to not talk about it all the time and bug dh. It gives me my fix. I limit myself though. I think I probably have 10 pieces total of things that I absolutely love.
    And it actually came in handy the other day. We found out a friend was preg and we were seeing them that afternoon. I didn't have time to shop but had a beautiful little outfit to give them as a congrats present.
    I'm glad to heat others have gotten a few things. I'm not the only one haha

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013 is so far away!

Yeah well at first I was the same didnt want to get anything but Dp came home one day with a gorgeous outfit and that started off the clothes lol. Then when we have been out and things are on special, he is always the one that say get it. Even my mum who doesn't know when we are starting to ttc thinks its good that we are starting to buy things. Less money she has to spend she says lol.

As for breast pump, I don't plan on breast feeding. I want to express feed however we will see if I stick to it once I have a hub. To be honest I don't think there is a one better than the other but I found that through reading about them you get lots of good info. The one I picked essentially mimic like breast feeding and can be used from day 1 if needed and that's why I picked it, each to their own though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LRA - your post made me laugh. You need to limit yourself, it gives me my fix! LOL. Thats how I feel about watching one born every minute (I watched the episode on demand on the sbs website, it was one I haven't see, and a lady was giving her twins up for adoption, it broke me heart but I was so happy for the adoptive parents. Awesome episode!) and also websites that sell baby products. Gotta limit myself or I could waste several hours getting lost in it all.

LilNightmare - I'm not sure about breast feeding either. It's a subject thats quite offlimits I feel because people are very strongly one way or the other. There is no way i would ever talk about this with my friends as they are all very very pro breastfeeding and i know they wouldnt support me if i chose not to do it. I've seen so many ladies put so much pressure on themselves to breast feed and then when it doesn't go so well they beat themselves up over it and it makes me sad for them because it's not the end of the world. I'm going to give it a go, I think, but I would prefer to bottle feed.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

That's exactly right babe. Im not against it but I'm personally uncomfortable with the thought of breast feeding. Also maybe I'm selfish too but I want Dp to be able to get up for our baby too, not just me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    That's exactly right babe. Im not against it but I'm personally uncomfortable with the thought of breast feeding. Also maybe I'm selfish too but I want Dp to be able to get up for our baby too, not just me.
    That's EXACTLY what I think too!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys!

Sorry I haven't been on in so long - the last few weeks have been so hectic. Wedding planning is coming along great although I start dress fittings next week which I'm nervous about. Uni is intense as its my final semester and I'm finishing up my internship in the next few weeks. Also managed to score a part time job so all in all I'm extremely busy and stressed!

On the plus side we managed to sell the house FH built a few years ago but rented out as we rent a cheaper apartment - unfortunately the market has been shot in Brisbane for so long and we didn't get as much as he would have liked but at least we are debt free... for now. Also it looks like we will be buying a townhouse with a large yard at the start of next year (they are in the process of being built) and it has 3 bedrooms - FH says its his way of nesting so cute!

Welcome to all the new people, I've been following via e-mail and wow does everyone sound prepared! I have not even looked into all the stuff we need as I felt I couldn't just yet - but sneakily I have been thinking of nursery ideas/themes. Also we have started throwing around names and we can agree on girl names but have no idea on boys and call me crazy but I Just has this strong gut feeling that my first will be a boy. Ideally I would love a boy and a girl but I think we will have 3 kids and I know if they are healthy thats all that matters but I just cant shake the want/need for a girl as well. I hope I don't have gender disappointment because I just feel that would make me a bad person, and honestly I know I will love my children no matter what.

Hope everyone is well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sjk!! It's been a while. How exciting your wedding is all coming together!! Oh my dress fittings freaked me out! I went in for the first one which was fine then I think it was 3 months later went back for my second and the dress didn't fit! It was too tight!! The seamstress took it in more than required because brides always loose weight between the first and second fitting and I hadn't lost any weight (I didn't think it needed to) so I had to go on this crazy crash diet to fit into my dress. It was so stressful!

Big congrats on being debt free for the time being! And yay on a townhouse, it sounds like its going to be perfect!

I have a long list of names (99% of them are girl names, Boy names are so damn hard!!) and DH and I agree on 2 girls names and 1 boys name but the other day a friend of mine trashed the boys name (she didn't know what she was doing) and now I'm not sure. I still love it but I'm worried what people will think!

oh I haven't overly thought about nursery themes/ideas yet.. I think it's going to be hard to do! What ideas do you have??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sjk, how exciting about your wedding, what sort of wedding are you having, big/small, sit down/cocktail, outside/church etc?

I was really nervous about my dress fittings, given that we got married 11 weeks after we got engaged I had to buy a dress of the rack and have it taken in 2 sizes, fitted perfectly on the day though.

Disney, that crash diet would have been horrible! did it end up fitting well?

Sjk, I really hope our house sells as fast as yours, how long did it take?

I have a long list of names, DH likes about half of them, so I think we will be ok when we eventually have to decide. I don't want to choose the name before the baby is born, we are planning on picking a few names that we like then deciding when bub's arrives. (i think though that we will have a favorite)

I have nursery ideas for the house we are in now, but we won't be in this house when we have a baby, so depends what the new house is like I suppose

Thanks
    Reviews
    P.S HOORAY FOR FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    P.S HOORAY FOR FRIDAY!!!!!!!!
    I reckon hey!!!!!

The dress fit absolutely perfectly!! I went on a hardcore optifast diet and was going to the gym 4 times a week for 2 weeks and lost 8kg I then went and put on 4kgs over our honeymoon which was annoying !!! I was awesomely skinny, not an achievable kind of skinny that I could maintain on a normal day to day diet but it was great to spend the first few weeks of our honeymoon waltzing around in my bikini lapping up my skinniness! It went downhill quickly after that (the endless cocktails and huge meals caught up in the last few weeks of the honeymoon)

Whats everyone got planned for the weekend?